Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Thing that You Never Had

"I think I just got a really good idea for a new song..."

by thexrealxme 4 reviews

A band forms and Chris and Amy are together...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-09 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 957 words

0Unrated
I'm on fire and now I think I'm ready to bust a move check it out I'm rockin steady to the beat in my head --

Amy bobbed her head to her ringtone as she rumaged through her purse for her cellphone.

"Hey Patrick!"

"Yeah, I can come over -- who all is there? I hear voices..."

"Oh thats cool, I'll see you in a bit."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Andy... Hey Patrick... Hey Pete. Joe right?" He nodded "Hey Joe"

Amy made herself comfortable in Andy's garage, which also served as the boys' 'jam' room. Andy on the stool behind the drum set and rested his elbows on one of the drums in front of him.

"Amy -- you never showed last night."

Patrick adjusted his hat and looked at her with a 'yeah whats up with that?' kind of look.

"Oh yeah... Chris took me home, we made out a little, but that's it, I swear. He slept at his house, I slept at mine. I just didn't feel like going back out ... sorry."

No one said anything. Patrick looked at Pete "Hey Pete ... is this Chris guy a good guy? I mean, I know he's nice, but how is he with his girlfriends?"

Amy crossed her arms and huffed at Patrick "Patrick please! Don't act like my father... its sweet you want to protect me and all... but I mean, look at the guy you WANTED me to end up with. Not exactly the ideal guy to be in a relationship with!" She rudely snapped at him and released her arm in Andy's direction. Andy looked shocked, closed his mouth, and put his head down.

Patrick stared at her in disbelief.

Amy put her hand over her mouth "Oh my god... I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean that. Andy I-"

Andy interrupted her and hit a short drum ditty with his drumsticks. "Nah its cool -- I get it."

"No, no you don't... I reallllly didn't mean that. I was just mad, I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I.Get.It." He snapped back at her.

She looked to Patrick, who shook his head at her. "Amy I know Andy, I know Andy's a good guy-"

"I know that too! He's a great guy ... I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

Patrick put a hand up to stop her "I'm just saying, I don't know this Chris guy and Pete does... I was just curious. Stop getting so defensive and taking your anger out on other people."

She just sat there in silence. Joe cleared his throat and spoke up "Uh ... I think I'm gonna get going. It was great playing with you all--"

Amy stood up "No, don't go. I was just leaving... you guys stay and play."

Joe stayed in place and Amy got up and left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few months later and Amy still saw Patrick and Pete on a regular basis, even though most of her summertime was devoted to Chris, who had now become her 'official boyfriend.' She tried to keep him and Patrick away from eachother as much as possible due to some uncertainty about Chris from Patrick's point of view. He just didn't like him. Joe, Andy, Patrick, and Pete now had an actual band going, and Patrick adapted the role as the singer, discovering he could actually sing pretty damn well. Amy went to a few practices when she wasn't out with Chris, but rarely got to see them play.

Her and Chris were hanging out one day at a cafe getting coffee.

"What do you want to do today?"

Amy smiled and thought for a second "Uhm... actually, do you want to come see the band practice? They're practice ever week at this time, so they'll definitely be there."

Amy wanted her boyfriend and her best friends to be on good terms, so she thought maybe she'd get them to come to terms with eachother.

He shifted uncomfortably "uhm... yeah sure. I hear they're pretty good. Well -- thats what Pete says anyway. I'll go... whatever."

She smiled "Alright! Lets go!"

They arrived at Andy's house and walked in unexpected. They boys were playing and it was normal that Amy showed up at their practice from time to time, but with Chris? That was a first.

Pete smiled at Chris. Patrick looked at Andy and rolled his eyes. It looked as if a lightbulb went off in Joe's head that said 'ooooh thats the guy they talk about all the time.' Needless to say, it was awkward from the start.

They stopped playing.

"Hey Amy." Patrick said into the mic. They took a seat on the couch in the corner and listened to the few songs they had.

In between a song Chris turned to Amy "Hey - will you get me a drink?"

"Uhh yeah... sure. Andy is that okay?"

"Yeah, can't he get it though?" He asked in a snobby tone.

Amy stood up "No, no it's okay! I got it!"

She went into the kitchen and grab a soda.

"Oh no babe... I only drink diet... can you check to see if they have diet?"

Amy looked kinda puzzled and Patrick rolled his eyes "Uhh yeah, I can check..."

She came back a few seconds later.

"Nope - no diet. Sorry..."

Chris huffed and rolled his eyes. He stood up, grabbed her around the waist, and kissed her. "Alright well, let's go - I'm bored."

"Bored? We just got here..."

"Yeah, but I don't want to be here any longer, lets just go...."

"Uhm okay... bye guys."

Before the guys could say goodbye to her, they were out the door.

Patrick looked annoyed and turned to the rest of the band...

"I think I just got a really good idea for a new song..."
Sign up to rate and review this story