Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Where love wanders

Where Love Wandered

by Hellee 1 review

Archie and Neil say their goodbyes, to their friends and the ones they loved

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 676 words

1Moving
Hera thought it was best me and Neil went home after Theresa's death. I asked Persephone if there was any chance of bringing the team back from the Elysian Fields, but she said there was no way it could happen, even with powerful magic.

Neil had changed quite dramatically after being released from the hospital. When he learned of Theresa's death, and I told him the whole story of the others deaths, he was very quiet. He didn't complain about his hair, or his nails, and kept to himself. I even saw him throw away his three panelled mirror. He looked as though he was slightly breaking down, just as Theresa had done. In the end, Theresa had seen me as Jay, and that was what caused her to...die. Maybe that was her way of coping, I would never know.

As me and Neil were packing our bags, Neil came to my room. He had left his hair to grow, and it looked as though he didn't care anymore.
"Archie, promise me something," he started. I looked up from my bag at him.
"What?"
"We have to keep in touch. I don't want the deaths of our friends driving us apart," he said. I looked down at the ground for a moment.
That was the thing: the deaths of our friends had driven us to do things we wouldn't usually do. Jay ended up in a psych ward, and Theresa and I had crossed enemy lines. The deaths of our friends had made us go our separate ways, but I knew I didn't want that. I looked back up at Neil.
"I will promise that Neil, I don't want what happened to our friends happen to us," I replied. Neil smiled and nodded, and then left my room to finish packing.

We didn't talk until we had some dinner. Athena was up at the school discussing our transportation with Hera. I went to the fridge and looked in at what we could have. Neil walked into the kitchen holding the phone.
"Screw that, let's have pizza," he said. I would've stared at him in disbelief if he had said that a few months earlier, but now, anything could go with Neil. I nodded and he went into the other room and ordered. I sat down at the counter and a few minutes late, Neil entered. He put the phone down and sat opposite me.

"You know, I never thought it'd end like this," he said.
"Me neither," I replied.
"On the plus side, we did defeat Cronus," he said. I nodded slowly.
"But lost five of our friends to the consequences," I said. Neil went quiet, probably thinking about them.
About fifteen minutes later, the pizza arrived and me and Neil went into the lounge room and watched T.V while we ate. That night went well. Neil and I spoke about some of the good times, watched a movie, and then when we got tired, went to bed.

The next morning was probably difficult. Neil and I had separate cars coming. We said a long goodbye, as Neil's car arrived. He got in and wound down the window.
"Don't ever forget them," he called out as the car started away. I waved to him, and knew I never would forget them. When my car arrived, I said goodbye to Athena and got in.

When I met Atlanta for the first time, I knew she was the one for me. When I met Theresa for the first time, I knew we wouldn't get along. When I met the boys, I knew we'd have the greatest of times, even when Neil complained about this or that. What I didn't know, was that Theresa and I would share a strong bond, stronger then anything between the group. And Theresa was the one who showed me, that love did wander.

That was the last chapter, I hope you like the stories I wrote for Where Love Wanders, stay tuned, I will be updating other stories soon! R&R!
Sign up to rate and review this story