Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Where love wanders

For the Ones We Love

by Hellee 1 review

Tears, regrets and Jay

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-10 - Updated: 2006-11-11 - 819 words

1Moving
I must have cried for at least three hours on my bed after Archie brought me home. Only three of us were left. What was going to happen to us? Did fate have a cruel way of destroying us? Our leader, who had finally dealt with the loss of our friends, had been lost too.

I stared at the wall opposite my bed. I didn't really see it, only the thoughts in my mind. Somehow Jay had warned me about the crash, when his face appeared on the hospital window briefly. How had he done it? If only I had seen it earlier, I wouldn't be in the state I was. Archie noticed my reaction to Jay's death, so he kept his distance when we got home. Silent tears fell down my face as my eyes rested on a picture of the seven of us, in the days when we were happy. A feeling of rage suddenly came over me, and I picked up the frame and hurtled it at the wall. The glass smashed and the frame cracked. I stared at it and then slumped down to the ground.

I heard footsteps on the stairs and suddenly Archie opened my door and looked a bit scared.
"What happened?" he asked and walked over to me. He looked at the smashed frame and slowly turned to me.
"Theresa?"
I stared up at him.
"What Archie? What?" I cried. I stood up. He raised his eyebrows.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Archie, look around, Atlanta's dead. Odie's dead. Herry's dead. And now Jay's dead. That's what's..." I trailed off and cried. He just didn't understand.
He pulled me towards him into a hug. I cried into his shoulder.

He kissed my forehead and I looked into his grey-blue eyes. They were full of pain and sadness. He did understand. He knew what it felt like for your loved one to die. He had lost Atlanta. What had really brought me and Archie together? Was it the sadness of both our losses, or was it something else? Had we actually liked each other, but not wanting the others to know?

A tear ran down his face, and I wiped it away.
"Don't cry Jay," I said softly. He stared at me for a minute, with wide eyes.
"Theresa," he said.
"Yes Jay?" I said smiling softly.
"T-Theresa, I'm Archie, Jay's dead," he told me.
"Don't be silly, Archie's on a run with Atlanta, and you're not dead," I told him and pushed his hands from my waist. He stared at me in horror.
"Oh, when Atlanta gets back, I need to ask her about something, and then I have to go to the school to see Odie, he wanted to show me something," I said. Tears were falling down his cheeks, very fast.
"No, Theresa, not you," he said. I quickly wiped his tears away.
"Don't cry Jay," I whispered and walked to my door. I turned to him and smiled.
"When Cronus is dead, we're going to celebrate, I'm sure Herry and Neil will like that," I said and walked out. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, he caught up with me and grabbed my arm.

"Theresa, it's me, Archie. Atlanta, Herry, Odie and Jay are dead, and Neil's in the hospital. They aren't coming back," he said. I simply smiled at him.
"If they were dead, why is Atlanta's skateboard there?" I asked him and pointed to the couch. He looked over there and then back at me.
"Theresa, there's nothing there," he said.
"Jay, this game isn't funny. Now I have to go out for awhile, but I'll be back for dinner," I said. I grabbed my bag off the table and opened the front door. He grabbed my arm and turned me around again.
"I don't think you should go out," he told me. I shook his hand from my arm and stared at him.
"What's come over you Jay? I'll be back later," I said and marched down the steps. My car was parked across the road, so I used the small remote on my keys.
"Theresa!" he called. I turned around.
"What?"

*********

Then it happened, the screeching of tyres, the collision of a car to Theresa's small frame, and the sound of her body hitting the ground. I ran from the brownstone and onto the road where the driver was standing shocked. Someone had called the police, because sirens were heard in the distance. I knelt down at her body and tears escaped my eyes. Her hair was covered in blood and both her legs were broken.
She was dead.

My best friends were dead. I could do nothing to bring them back, and the seven of us would never be together again. Five down, two to go.

Only Archie and Neil are left. What will happen to the two heroes? Please R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story