Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Going Nowhere Fast

Happy Anniversary, Baby

by moocow 12 reviews

It's my five month anniversary here on ficwad. praise me, for i am god. [there's a HUGE foreshadowing thing in this chapter]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-16 - 1427 words

1Funny
I sighed as I sat there staring at Patrick, who stared intently at his coffee mug, face still in that dull, unaware expression. I had asked him what was wrong, only to be ignored. He blinked and I cleared my throat.

He didn't budge.

I sighed and leaned my head into my hand, elbow propped up.

"Well this is exciting," I paused. "Andy better hurry up with that damn errand, because I'm going insane," Patrick blinked again and I just stared at him.

"Patrick?" I asked and sighed again as he didn't respond. I looked back down at my crossword and bit my lip in thought.

"Three letter word for breakthrough moment in a relationship," I mumbled.

"Sex,"

I blinked and glanced up at Patrick who had moved his head to look at me, but still had the same facial expression.

"Huh?" I asked. Patrick frowned.

"That's the word...though it sometimes means disaster," I nodded slowly before widening my eyes.

"What did you do to Izzy?" I asked. Patrick bit his lip.

"We had sex alright...but morning came too quickly and I don't really remember how I ended up naked in her bed," I sighed, tilting my head to one side.

"Does she?" I asked. Patrick nodded.

"I really hurt her this time, and we're leaving tomorrow," I nodded and covered my hand over his.

"I'll take care of her, alright?" Patrick smiled and I heard the front door close. Patrick shifted.

"Lover boy's home," he mumbled. I giggled lightly before yelping as hands fell on my shoulders.

"What in the world did you do to get him out of that state?" Andy asked. I looked up at him.

"I'm just a miracle worker," Andy smiled and leaned down for a kiss while Patrick groaned. I lifted my head up before impact and frowned.

"Sorry Patrick," I mumbled. Andy frowned and lowered his head to my ear.

"What's up with him?" he asked. I shook my head and turned to catch his eyes.

"I'll tell you later," Andy nodded and stood up again, walking into the kitchen. Patrick smiled and gripped his keys from the center of the table.

"I'm going to head out, but I'll see you later on tonight, alright?"

I nodded and hugged his waist as he paused next to my chair and leaned down to kiss my head. I took a deep breath again and worked silently on my crossword while sipping coffee.

"Hey Ev," I looked up and hummed.

"What is it?" I asked. Andy smiled and placed a small box in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"Ok, what did I miss?" I asked. Andy smirked.

"Nothing, just open it,"

I looked hesitantly at the box and dropped my pen before curling my fingers around the ribbon and pulling it off before the paper fell to the sides and my breath lodged in my throat.

"I'm 20, Andy. 20," I whispered.

Andy laughed uneasily.

"It's not a proposal, Ev," he smirked some more. "I wouldn't ask you to marry me while you're in your pajama shorts and sipping coffee at eight in the morning," I bit my lip to stifle a smile and opened the black velvet box, my heart melting at the ring.

"Promise ring?" I asked glancing up. Andy nodded, moving his chair to wrap his arm around my shoulders.

"Of course," he stated, slipping it on my finger. "After all, two months away is a long ass time," I giggled lightly and looked down at my left hand.

"Honestly this is like my first piece of expensive looking jewelry," I mentioned. Andy rolled his eyes.

"You're lucky I'm bringing in the money, that thing was freaking expensive," I bit my lip and laughed slightly before leaning against him.

"You are too amazing sometimes, mister," he kissed my temple and moved me so he could stand up.

"I'm glad to hear that, but I promised Joe to help him scope out ladies," I stared at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Can't he do that on his own?" I asked. Andy shrugged.

"Apparently not," I stood up as well and pushed in my chair.

"I'll probably go out later on then as well," Andy nodded and grabbed his keys off the counter before stealing a kiss.

"Love ya," he called and slipped out the door.

I crossed my arms and smiled to myself before looking around. My phone vibrated on the table and I watched it for another.

One was a text, more was a call.

It moved once more and I stepped to grab it, finding the number blocked. I answered it none-the-less.

"Hello?" I asked and I heard a cough.

"You wouldn't happen to be alone, would you?" I bit my lip.

"Pete, you don't have to block your phone number," Pete laughed uneasily.

"It didn't really faze me that I was, you know how I get," I sighed and sat down again.

"Anyways, yeah, I actually am alone, Andy just left...I was planning on going out to get some more shoes," Pete cut me off.

"Come over," he abruptly said. I blinked several times and bit my lip.

"What about your parents, they know I'm with Andy," I whispered. Pete sighed deeply.

"They are gone," he paused. "I...I just would like your company, you know," I smiled slyly.

"In what kind of way?" I asked. I heard him smirk in the cocky way I almost missed.

"We'll just have to see, won't we?"

----------

I remember pretty much everything the moment I stepped into Pete's house.

Well, first, Hemmingway knocking me over and climbing on my chest, licking at my face until Pete pulled him off and hovered over me, laughing.

It made my heart swell with joy of something so cute and highly romantic.

"I love your dogs," I mumbled as I sat up to glance at him as he kneeled there, petting Pandora as she licked at his hand.

"I love them too," he paused. "They seem to almost love you more than I do," I bit my lip and looked down at my lap.

"I don't really know how to reply to that," I whispered. Pete shrugged.

"You don't have to," He spoke in a normal voice and I glanced up to see him smiling at Pandora, patting her back before she barked and scampered off. His hands fell in his lap again before he smiled at me.

"Ok," I said softly and gulped again before turning and raising my hand to brush his bangs to one side. Pete smiled and rested his hands on my waist, bringing me closer.

"We should get out of the hallway," he mumbled and I nodded, shifting to do so and tugging on his arms to help him up.

He stood up immediately and wrapped his arms around my waist, bowing his head to capture my lips like so many times before.

He pushed back slightly and we moved towards the living room were I held onto his shoulders as I fell back.

Pete climbed over me and straddled my thighs, smiling down at me. I swallowed my nerves and let my hands rest on his upper arms.

"You're not going to stop this time, will you?" I asked. Pete shook his head, bangs shifting again.

"Only if you want me to,"

I smiled and brought his head back down to mine and let his hands play at the hem of my t-shirt, lifting it a little further each passing second.

He leaned back and pulled it over my head and kissed at my collarbone while I rested my hands on the sides of his face, shifting to lye fully on the couch.

Pete pulled away suddenly and pulled my hand away from his face, his eyes widening as he looked at the ring.

"What's this?" he asked. I took a breath and looked away.

"Promise ring...Andy...gave it to me," I whispered. Pete bit his lip and frowned, looking hurt.

"I...I don't know," he muttered," I sat up with him and rested my hands on his shoulders.

"How do you think I feel?" Pete kissed below my ear.

"Unfaithful, right?" he asked and I nodded into his shoulder. Pete took a deep breath and sighed out his nose.

"I really need this, Ev," he whispered and I gulped again before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

I pulled away and looked at him directly in the eye finding hope flash through his deep brown eyes.

"What are you waiting for?"
Sign up to rate and review this story