Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Sheena, it´s time to get rid of that frustration

by FrostedGlass 13 reviews

In chapter 33 Sheena sweats with Joe and finds out who the hottie is that Patrick dated. Hottie has great calves. (Disclaimer: It´s a bit low on the footnotes... *putting shame on DoJ*)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-17 - Updated: 2006-11-17 - 1387 words

4Exciting
33. Sheena, it´s time to get rid of that frustration


So Patrick was having a date. Patrick was having a date without telling me about it. Would he have told me about if I hadn´t asked if he wanted to hang out?

I chose to blame Pete. He had probably taken Patrick to some shabby bar where they were hit on by skanky girls. Oh well, it was Patrick´s business after all. I was just hurt that he hadn´t told me anything about it in advance. I always thought we were close. When it comes down to it, I suppose everyone is on their own. I´m an island. Judging from the mess on my head, I was an island with a very wild flora.

Note to self: Grow some self-confidence already, you retarded good-for-nothing cynic.

Ah... maybe I had to work on that.

P.S.: Work on self-image. You jerk.

Well, there was one thing that always lifted my spirits. I knew what I had to do. It was about goddamn time, too.

_ _ _ _ _ _


"Oh, I... really missed... this," I moaned, gasping for air.

Joe smirked at me and sighed, "I know... what you... mean." He was covered in sweat, his ´fro´d hair clinging to his skin on his forehead and in the nape of his neck.

My guess was I didn´t look any different. My face felt all hot and the exertion was slowly getting the best of me.

"I think...I can´t feel my... left calf... anymore," I giggled and huffed.

I hadn´t felt to so good about myself in ages. I couldn´t believe I had given this up for so long. Ever since high school I´ve had a strong desire that needed to be fulfilled and in my younger years I had always found a way to cater to my needs. Good thing I had found the perfect partner in Joe. I was hoping we could make this our weekly routine. Maybe more than once a week if both of us had the time.

Joe groaned loudly, "Mind if we put this to an end? I don´t think I can go on like this any further." His movements did seem slower than before.

I nodded, "Yes, sure. In fact, I´ve gotten more out of this than I first expected."

He smiled at me.

I´m telling you, it might seem like really hard work at times but the reward you´re given at the end surely makes up for it. It´s a feeling like you´re high. It´s a feeling like you´re waltzing on clouds.

"Alright, I´m done," Joe said and stopped the treadmill he had been using for the past thirty minutes.*

I stepped down from my Stairmaster. "I´m glad I can still use a couple of the turning machines at the fitness center with my arm in plaster," I said raising my injured arm slightly.

After we had showered (separately, duh) we went to a near-by restaurant to have a snack.

"Do you happen to know who Patrick went out with yesterday?" I demanded.

"Patrick went out yesterday?" Joe raised an eyebrow. "Before I left for my Valentine´s Day date he was wasting time with Pete in his room, working on some songs, I believe. When I returned about four hours later they were in the living room watching TV."

Interesting.

"I don't think he went out yesterday."

That filthy little liar. Why had he lied? Didn´t he wanna hang out with me anymore? Damn you, Pete Wentz. Damn you and your shiny hair that bedazzles everyone.

_ _ _ _ _ _


"Let´s call it a day," Andy said from behind his drum set.

Band practice. My arm in a cast. This meant that Pete was back in the game, this time replacing me for more than two weeks. Mrs. Johnson, the secretery who was responsible for my accident, was gonna pay for this. Next time I had to take a look at one of my students´ files I´d jumble up the sheets inside of the map. Ha, take that, you witch. If I was bold I´d probably even use a blue pen instead of a black one when adding information. Yes, I´m a rebel at heart.

"Hey, Sheena, don´t look so sad," Patrick nudged me. "You´ll be back in action in less than... something like 6 weeks, right?"

I grumbled something incomprehensible. Definitely using the blue instead of the black pen. That´ll teach her.

"You have to look at it this way: You´ll certainly be able to tour with us in summer because you have most of the summer off," Joe interjected.

"But I look really good in shorts!" Pete beamed.

Maybe even a red pen. I mean, just LOOK at what I have to put up with.

"I know, I know," I sighed. "I don´t care about your calves though, Peter."

"Even cows are jealous of my calves. Ha ha!"

"A real knee-slapper, Pete," Andy chirped and smiled at him.

This Wentz guy had found a way into my friends´ hearts. The only thing I was really good at, he mastered as well: playing the bass. I had to admit there was a certain chemistry to the foursome when they played. And, to be completely honest, the two news songs Pete and Patrick had come up with were a lot better than our older stuff.

Maybe I should get a new shampoo...

_ _ _ _ _ _


"So... if you don´t mind me asking, who did you go out with the other day?" I gave Patrick a curious look. He took a sip from his pop.* We were in the little diner that had served the dubious pot roast.**

"Ah, with this girl I know," he replied, tugging his hat.

"Oh, I see... Good-looking?" Look at that little fool, telling me more lies to cover up his first lie.

He played with his straw, "Yeah, she doesn´t look bad or anything."

"Ok, let´s say on a scale from 1 to 10, where´d she be?"

The guy looked up from his drink, his eyes giving me this ´I can´t believe you just asked that´-look. "Joe told you I just hung out with Pete, huh?"

"Yes," I flung the napkin that I had scrunched up previously at him. "And, may I add: you idiot."

"Look, I´m sorry I lied, ok? It´s just..."

I sighed loudly, "You can just say it, Patrick. It´s just that you prefer spending time with Pete to spending time with me, right?"

"No, not at all!" His eyes reflected shock. "Really, that´s not true, Sheena. What Pete and I have is..." He was obviously searching his mind for an appropriate word.

Gay? Incestuous gayness?

"... it´s like we totally click on a musical level. When I read his lyrics I just have these amazing visions of how the song could sound like. It´s like... magic, really."

"Well, maybe you should take your Pete and hike over to New Jersey or Massachusetts and marry ´im?"

Patrick rolled his eyes at me, "Don´t be ridiculous, Sheena... He´s my cousin."

I was playing around with my straw now.

"Besides, who would want to spend the rest of their life in the shadow of Pete Wentz´s enormous ego?"**

"Don´t forget to mention his incredibly sexy calves," I grinned.

"Right."

I glanced at his eyes, "So why´d you lie to me then?"

"It´s embarrassing... I just didn´t want you to think I´m such a loser that I don´t even have a date on Valentine´s Day."

I laughed out loud. That was ridiculous. I already knew that he was a loser. Just kidding. What did it matter if he had a date or not?

"Well, I didn't have one either."

He nodded eagerly, "I know."

Pete´s influence again: tactfulness.

"You´re really silly, Patrick, you know." I shook my head at him but smiled.

"I know," he smiled back.

Later on I was informed that apparently Pete and Joyce had broken up. Maybe his calves weren´t that amazing after all.


______________________

* As if...

** Soda, if you must.

* Because that way the author can throw in "pot roast".

** Evie...? ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story