Categories > Cartoons > Winx Club > Staring into Darkness

Breakaway

by Selanie 0 reviews

The winx girls and their new friend, Akira, have trouble. Akira's sick, and no one can figure out what's wrong until a teacher steps in. ((Mentionings of Rape in chapter 3... non-descriptive flashb...

Category: Winx Club - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-22 - 983 words

-1Cliche
Chapter Five: Breakaway

A/N: I don't own Breakaway, or Winx club... or I wouldn't be wasting my time on a fanfiction site, would I?


Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)


Akira sat in her room at her aunt and uncle's house, listening to Mila and Michel playing in the living room, one hand on her slightly showing stomach. 'Twas almost time to go back to Alfea... time to come true to the rest of the school.

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away

She didn't belong on Earth any more... not since she discovered that she was useless without her friends around... especially if the witches decided to pay her a visit. No-one believed what she said, or how she didn't fit in any more.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

She had to break away from the family that had raised her, to take chances, risks, and change herself along the way. She'd never forget her aunt or uncle... or even Mila and Michel.

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway

For the sake of the Winx club, Akira solemnly hoped that they would be able to relax... maybe go to one of the many beaches in Magix... that is, if Ms. F would let her out of Alfea once she started to show a bit more...

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Leaving early seemed to be the only choice she had... protect her Earth family... never forget them... To find the light from within the darkness she seemed to be staring into. To break away.

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway

She didn't know where she would go... Maybe Solaria... Maybe the Harmonic Nebula... She was welcome almost anywhere... except where she was born... The Realm that was once known as Star Dust, but was now just darkness.

I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway

She would leave... Learn how to fly on her own. It would be hard to say goodbye, she knew, but she had to change herself inside and out... and eventually raise a child. She'd never forget Earth... that was impossible, but as she picked up her bag that had been sitting at the end of her bed, and stood up, Akira knew that it was time... Time to break away.

As she opened a portal to Magix, Mila entered, her sapphire eyes staring into Akira's. "Kira...?" The young girl asked, her five year old voice snapping Akira out of her thoughts.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Akira asked, "Is there something I can get for you before I leave?"

"That's the thing Akira." Michel's ten year old voice sounded from the doorway, as she looked up, "We don't want you to leave... You never come home any more... This is your senior year... Where'll you go after this? Especially if I'm right about why you're so secretive."

"And what would that reason be?" Akira challenged, as Mila looked on.

"You're going to have a baby, aren't you? We learned about this at school last year... That's why you're getting fatter."

"It's not fat." Akira said, defending herself, "That's the baby's weight. He or she is growing inside me..." As she looked down, the faerie panicked. Through the portal, she could see Griselda looking up, watching her. "I've got to go... the teachers are waiting, as is Odeon."

"Okay... but promise we can come visit you when the baby comes." Mila almost begged, looking to whom she still thought was her sister.

"I'll try... I promise." Akira replied, before stepping back into the portal, falling into the world of Magic.

After gaining entrance Magix once more, and signing in, she was looked over by the Faerie teacher standing in front of her. "You'd best be careful this year Akira. It's a good thing Ms. Farigonda and I have allowed you to continue training."

Akira nodded, smiling her best. "It wasn't my choice." She admitted, for the first time to anyone but the Winx girls and Odeon, "I was raped."

"We will talk about this later." Was all Griselda said, as she moved along to the next girl in line.

As Akira stepped forward, the rest of the Winx Club greeted her. "You're looking great Akira." Layla said, as the seven headed inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story