Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love Is War

Meetings and Losings

by BlackEgyptianKitten 0 reviews

Yugi is an average 18 year-old boy, at least until he is sent to war. What happens when he meets his true love? Will this war end it, before the man he loves knows? YYXY

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-23 - 6114 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ow!" Yugi hissed as Yami cleaned up his cheek.

"Please, Yugi. Stop moving. I won't be able to clean your wound if you keep moving!" Yami frowned, trying to wash off Yugi's cheek.

"But it stings!" Yugi complained dogging the cloth Yami was cleaning his cut with.

"Yugi. It is water and a cloth. It can't burn that much." Yami argued.

"Yes it can. Other wise I wouldn't be complaining... wait... that didn't come out right." Yugi said looking away trying to gather his thoughts.

Yami smirked. He cupped his hand around Yugi's chin. "Yugi, I'll make you a deal. If you let me finish up with your cut, I will give you as many kisses as you want." Yami whispered to Yugi, hoping no one could hear them.

Yugi smiled. "Okay." Yugi said at last letting Yami clean his cut and bandaged it.

"There you go, Yugi." Yami said smiling.

Yugi nodded and rubbed his cheek a little. "Thank you, Yami." Yugi thanked smiling.

"It was nothing." Yami said as he stood up slowly, stretching a bit. "Ra. I feel so sick."

"It is cause you lost a lot of blood." said Honda, walking up to them.

"Yeah. I guess you are right."

"I'm surprised you didn't pass out. How do you do it?"

Yami froze and thought back to when he first came to the army.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Flash back-

"What? You can't make my son go into the army!" yelled Atem's mother.

"I'm sorry ma'am but your husband-"

"My HUSBAND? HA! He forced me to marry him! But either way, no! He is not joining your army! He is only seventeen for Ra's sake! He still needs to finish school!" she argued.

"Ma'am, I know this is hard but we have orders and we can not break them."

"Screw your orders! I am not going to allow you to take my son!"

"Ma'am. Please. Just step aside and let us take your son now. The sooner he can leave, the sooner he will be back."

"Ha! I live to see the day. I know you are lying. You say this today, and tomorrow you come to my door saying he is dead!"

Ate watched as one of the two men started to get ticked off.

"Listen ma'am. We have come for Atem. And we WILL leave with him." the man said as he pushed her out of the way and came close to where Atem was.

"No! Go away! Please! Recruit any one but him!" she begged, yanking the man's shirt.

"Got ya." he said smugly, snatching Atem's shirt and dragging him out of the house.

"Ag! Let me go!" Atem yelled at the man, pulling out of his grip.

"Fine." The man said, letting go of Atem.

Atem ran to his mother and hugged her.

"Listen. You will be able to send him letters, but that is it. Nothing else." the other man informed.

"Atem?" said Senarius as she walked groggily into the room, caring her teddy bear.

"Senarius. Go back to bed." Atem said kneeling down to her level.

The small girl looked over at the men then at Yami. "Where are you going?"

"I'm.. I'm going away Senarius."

"When will you come back?" she asked, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

Atem looked down. "I don't know."

She looked at him with a confused face. "Oh... hold on!" she said as she ran into the other room and came back with a locket. "Here. For you. So you don't forget about us." she said smiling.

Atem smiled back and took the locket and kissed her forehead. "Bye Senarius." he said as he gestured her back to her bedroom before turning to his mother. "Bye mom." he said as he hugged her.

The woman sniffed hugging her son tight. "Don't go dying on me Atem. Don't be as foolish as your father." she sniffed as she looked him in the eyes.

"Don't worry. I won't." Atem said before he was led out.

Days later

Atem laid helpless as he felt warm blood trickle down his back.

"Heh heh. You won't be makin' any more mistakes any time soon huh?" said a man as an evil smirk plastered on his face.

Atem groaned trying to get up from the ground, but only to be kicked in the side.

"Stay down! I didn't tell you to get up!" the man yelled at him.

Atem flinched as the pain rang through his body.

The man snickered. "Hope you enjoy hell. And one more thing." he leaned down. "Pain is just a feeling. Ignore it and you will live." he whispered. He stood up and left.


-End of Flash Back-


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yami?" Yugi asked, a little worried that Yami had blanked out on them.

"Huh?" Yami hummed as he blinked back to reality.

"How do you do it?"

"What?"

"Survive a wound like being bitten by a poisonous snake and take having a knife bing thrust into your ribs?"

"First. It is common sense. Once the snake bites you, don't move, suck out the venom as soon as you can and spit it out and hope for the best. Second. I was told while being trained, pain is just a feeling and to ignore it." Yami explained.

Honda and Yugi blinked.

"Oh. Thanks, commander." Honda said before bowing and going on his way.

Yami nodded and sighed.

"You okay?"

"Tired. Just tired." Yami said as he smiled at Yugi.

"How 'bout we get some sleep."

Yami nodded.

Every one soon went off to their own tents and got ready for bed, they all knew the next day they would be on a rush.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami relaxed a bit as he watched Yugi sleep soundlessly in his arms. He and Yugi had bin talking, but Yugi had fallen asleep shortly after.

"My little light." Yami hummed, laying Yugi down on the sleeping bags. He pulled on a jacket and walked out of the tent and sat and looked at the stars and listened to the quiet sounds.

"Hey."

Yami was startled by the sudden crack in the silence. He turned and saw Koujin smiling at him.

"Hello Koujin. What are you doing up?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing."

"Heh. Beat you to it then, huh?" he said as he smiled.

She nodded. "May I?"

"Please."

She sat next to him and looked up. "You like to look at the stars?"

"Yes. They.. They remind me of my sister."

"Younger? Or older?"

"Younger. She is ten."

"Oh." she said almost in wonder. "You miss her?"

"Yes. And my mother." he said, his eyes saddening.

Koujin nodded. "I see." she sighed. "I miss my children, and my husband."

Yami looked at her. "Would you tell me about them?"

"If you tell me about your family."

Yami chuckled lightly. "Deal. But you first."

Koujin smiled. "Well. I have a little girl and a little boy, both twins. They take after their father greatly. They all just love to be out and look at the stars. I swear. There is never a dull moment when you are with them. They never like to be down, and if they are, they perk up right away." she said giggling.

Yami nodded and smiled, turning his attention to the stars again.

"Now tell me about your mother and sister."

"Well... my mother. She is very kind. Rough, but kind. You can say she has tough love. My sister. Boy there is something to talk about. She is so... switchy! She never stays in the same move. She may be innocent one moment, then the next she is a little Seth, or in the Christian way, a little devil." Yami said taking a breath. "She is a fun person, never lets any one down. Me and her are very close. We may be nine years apart, but we can't bare to be apart. Me being in the army is murder. I haven't seen her in two years." Yami said rubbing his eyes.

"You are so young. And forced to go through this." Koujin said pity laced with every word. "But, you stay strong like no other man on the planet." she said in a proud voice.

"I have to. If not for her, for those who fallow me." Yami said looking her in the eyes.

She nodded and stood up. "You have a heart of gold, Commander." she smiled. "I'll see you in the morning. Please get some sleep."

Yami nodded and watched her as she went into her tent before looking at the stars one more time. He stood up and went into his tent, sleep was coming to get him, and he wanted to embrace it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi woke up the next morning early. He looked around feeling a bit lost before seeing Yami laying next to him sound asleep. Yugi smiled and saw him sleeping. He looked so serene. Yugi brushed some of his golden rod bangs away from his face before kissing him cheek.

Yugi got up from the sleeping bags, making sure not to wake Yami up, and pulled on some new pants and a new shirt. He walked out of the tent, pulling on his black boots. When he looked up he saw a few of the men from Yami's original troop already up and talking.

"Uhh.. Good morning." Yugi greeted walking up to them.

They all smiled at him.

"Morning, Yugi. How did you sleep?"

"Fine. You?"

"Good."

Yugi nodded and smiled.

"My name is Shizu." the black haired man said extending out his hand. "And this is Nekz, Hank, and Zhach."

"Nice to finally get to know your names." Yugi chuckled shaking hands with all of them.

"Yes. Very nice!" said Nekz, a pale colored man with brown hair and dark brown eyes,

"Pleasure." said Zhach, his red hair was long and pulled into a pony tail, his daring blue eyes shined.

Hank nodded, his blonde hair moving a little with his gesture. "Yes. It is nice." he said his emerald green eyes showed kindness.

Yugi smiled at each of them. "How long have you bin working with the Commander?" Yugi asked.

"'Bout a year or so." said Nekz.

"We were all recruited when he was first appointed commander." Hank responded.

"Oh. I see." Yugi said nodding.

"You have become good friends with our commander huh?" asked Shizu.

"VERY close friends." Zhach teased.

Yugi blushed a bit at the remark and looked down. "Yes. I have become friends with the commander." Yugi said.

They all smiled. Shizu snatched Yugi and rubbed his head. "Oh! Did I see a blush? Did I?"

"I dunno, Shizu, I think I saw it too!" said Zhach pulling Yugi into his own head rub.

"Erg." Yugi murmured as he felt the intensive rubbing on his head. He swore he was losing his hair.

"Okay guys. Cut it out." Hank said pressing at their childish antics. "Leave him be."

"Oh fine Hank." said Shizu and Zhach at the same time.

Yugi sighed as he was released. They all laughed a bit.

Yami hazely walked out of the tent fully dressed and blinked twice.

"What are you guys doing up so early? I thought I was the early bird." Yami remarked, pouting.

Yugi smiled. "Not any more."

"Damn. I thought it was a pretty good title too." Yami said sitting next to Yugi.

They all chuckled.

"You all ready to have a little gun fight?"

"Yes, sir!" the men said at the same time.

"How in Ra's name do you do that? Do you rehearse or something?" Yami asked.

"You."

"Can"

"Say"

"That" said Shizu, Nekz, Hank, and Zhach in order.

Yami smirked. "Funny."

"We try commander."

Yami chuckled. "I can tell. And you are doing a swell job of it." Yami said smiling.

Soon they were joined by the rest of the troop and ate quickly. They picked up their things and left, leaving no trace they were even there.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi walked next to Yami, gun in hand, ready to shoot at the next person that dared to jump out in front of them.

"Calm down Yugi." Yami whispered to him, seeing him in a tensed state.

"Sorry, Yami. I'm just so worried about what is going to pop out next."

Yami chuckled. "Don't worry Yugi. I doubt that any thing is going to pop out in front of us."

Gun shots started firing at them, making every one jump and run behind the closet set of rock, which they were lucky to find big enough to hide behind.

"Then again I could be wrong!" Yami said taking aim at some of the enemy and firing at him.

The rest of the troop did the same.

"Bomb!" Hank called over to Yami as a dark green grenade rolled near Yugi and him. Yami pulled Yugi away and ran behind the next big rock as the bomb exploded.

Yugi's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates. "Oh God!" Yugi cried seeing the dent in the Earth that was left after the explosion.

Yami fired, having a clear view of the man, luckily killing him. "Ra damn it! There are a shit load of them!" Yami cursed shooting another in the head and watched as his head leaked blood before falling to the ground lifeless.

"Take that bloody freak!" Zhach called as he shot some down of his own.

"Zhach! Watch out!" Yugi called to him seeing on of the men aiming for him.

Zhach looked over and fired, but not soon enough that he was hit in the head.

Yugi's breath got caught in his throat seeing him laying on the ground dead. "Oh God., Zhach." Yugi choked out.

After another few more grueling minutes of killing Yami and the rest of the troop finished killing them off.

"Come on. We have to hurry. Who knows how many more are coming up this way." Yami ordered as the troops nodded and started off.

"Yami! We can't just leave his body laying here!" Yugi cried.

"Yugi. I know it is hard. But don't worry. As soon as we get to our destination and we finish this war, they will come back and retrieve his body."

"If it is still here!" Yugi yelled.

"Yugi come on."

"Can't we do something to preserve his body and keep any animals from coming and eating it?"

Yami sighed and pulled off his jacket and placed it over Zhach's body and put rocks around it. "This should help. They can't get what they can't see or smell." Yami said helping Yugi to his feet. "Now come Yugi." Yami said.

Yugi nodded and took one last glimpse at the dead man and walked off with the rest of them, his heart hurting at the lose of a new friend. He walked along side with Yami, tears threatened to fall.

Hours had passed since Zhach's death and no one had spoken. They all just looked on ward ready for what the enemy was going to throw at them next.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi walked at a steady pace, not bothering watching his step, which was a big mistake. Yugi slipped off a rock hidden under the sand and slid down the hill.

"AHH!" Yugi screamed as the Nile came to view and Yugi was thrown into it.

"Oh Ra Yugi!" Yami said sliding down the hill after Yugi, the rest of the troop fallowing.

Yugi beat at the water, not being able to reach the bottom. "Ack! I can't swim! Help!" Yugi cried as his head bobbed under the water then above again. Yugi heard a hiss and turned seeing a crocodile going into the water and swimming toward him. "AH! Crocodile! HELP!" Yugi screamed beating at the water some more.

Yami swam his way to Yugi, who was beating fearcly at the water. His crimson eyes saw that of the shine of the crocodile's scaly skin.

"Oh Ra." Yami muttered. Yami reached out and snatched Yugi's waist and pulled him close as the crocodile snapped at Yugi, catching Yugi's ankle.

"AHH! He-he has my ankle!" Yugi cried. Yami pulled out his dagger and swiftly stabbed the crocodile with it.

The crocodile let go with the second slice of the dagger and swam a away a bit, giving Yami enough time to swim to the shore, holding onto Yugi tightly.

Yami looked at Yugi's ankle that was bleeding. The jaws of the crocodile had bitten deep enough to cut through the skin and some of the muscle. Yami whipped away the blood and bandaged up Yugi's wound.

Yugi whimpered, trying not to cry at the pain that was felt on his ankle. 'It hurts so bad! Yami! Make it stop!' Yugi cried in his head, by dared not make a word.

"Can you walk?" Yami asked, helping Yugi stand up.

Yugi took a step, but when he stepped with his right foot, the one that was bitten, he collapsed. "No. It hurts to much." Yugi whimpered.

"Climb on my back."

Yugi looked at Yami. "No... your wound."

"Well forget about my wound. Your's is much worse. We can't leave you here. Now climb on my back."

"No! You'll hurt yourself more."

"Yugi. I"m giving you an order. Climb on my back."

Yugi frowned and with some help, climbed onto Yami's back as they set off.

Soon the sun teased them again and threatened to go down on them.

"We better make camp." Hank said.

Yami nodded. "Yes. We should." Yami gently set Yugi down on a flat rock and helped the others set up camp.

Yugi looked down at his bandaged ankle. 'I feel so useless..' Yugi thought in his head, clenching his eyes shut. 'I wish I could be more useful to Yami and every one else.' Yugi looked around and saw Yami coming to him.

"How is your ankle doing?" he asked kneeling down so he was eye to eye with Yugi.

"It still hurts."

Yami nodded. "I'm sorry for being so rough. I just didn't want you to hurt your ankle any more."

"It is okay Yami. You were just trying to help me." Yugi said.

Yami hugged him and was glad Yugi hugged back.

"Come. Dinner is ready." Yami said with a smile and helped Yugi hop over to where the others were.

They ate and laughed at a few jokes and laughed more when Koujin hit Joey when he made fun of her.

"Ow! Ow! I said I was- ow! Sorry!"

"Heh! Sorry isn't gonna cut it this time!" Koujin snapped as she hit Joey again and again.

"Okay! Okay! I give! I give! Uncle!"

"Okay, Koujin. I think Joey has been beaten enough." Yami said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Fine. I'll stop because you want me to commander." Koujin said as she crossed her arms over her chest, an pissed face could still be seen on her.

"Thank you commander!" Joey thanked bowing twice.

Yami just nodded once and yawned a bit. "Well. Today was rough. We better get some sleep." Yami said as every agreed.

Yami helped Yugi into the tent.

"There you go." Yami said as he helped Yugi sit down.

"Thanks Yami." Yugi said as he smiled at him.

Yami smiled back. "It is nothing." Yami replied as he sat next to him. "It has bin a really rough day huh?"

"Yeah..." Yugi said his voice trailing off as he saw Zhach's dead body flash though his mind. Yugi shook his head trying to get the image out. "Yeah. It was a rough day."

Yami placed a hand on Yugi's shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I-I think... I guess.. I still feel bad about what happened to Zhach..."

Yami nodded, his crimson eye softening. "Come here Yugi." Yami said Pulling Yugi onto his lap. "Shh... it is ok. There was nothing we could have done. That bastard is dead any way. He won't come back." Yami whispered into Yugi's ear.

Yug nodded, trying to keep tears from coming to his eyes. He nuzzled closer to Yami, in need of warmth and comfort. "I love you, Yami." Yugi whispered.

Yami smiled softly. "I love you to, Yugi." Yami whispered back cradling Yugi. 'I just wish I could get rid of this war and pain that is being brought to you.' He added in his thoughts.

He watched as Yugi drifted off to sleep before he himself fell asleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Dream-

Yugi's eyes opened quickly at hearing gunshots. "Ya-Yami?" Yugi called but didn't see his lover in sight. Yugi rushed through what seemed like an endless desert, dogging invisible bullets that could only be heard.

"Yami? Yami!" Yugi called trying to find him.

"Yugi. Over here!" Yugi turned and saw the decreased Zhach.

"Z-Zhach? How did you? I thought."

"No time for talk Yugi. Come on! We have to get out of here." he said pulling Yugi away and ran.

"Where is every one else? Where is Yami?"

"I don't understand you Yugi. Every one is gone. Don't you remember? Yami died."

Yugi felt his heart stop. "H-how?"

"Boy Yugi. You must have gotten hit in the head. He was trying to buy time for us when we were on our way to the Sea base. He got shot."

Yugi felt sick. He didn't understand. "What about every one else? How did they die?"

"Ambush. You and me are the only ones who got away."

"No! You have to be lying! Yami isn't dead! You are! No one else is gone! They are all alive!" Yugi cried pulling away from him.

Zhach looked at him confused, but fear was seen in his face as he pointed behind Yugi. "Yugi! Run!"

Yugi turned and saw a dagger coming towards him. He screamed.


-Reality-


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"AHHH!" Yugi cried, throwing Yami out from his sleep. He jumped and saw Yugi sitting up, breathing heavily.

"Yugi? Are you okay?" Yami asked.

"Yami!" Yugi cried, latching onto Yami.

Yami was startled at Yugi's action but recovered quickly and embraced Yugi. "Yugi. Are you okay?"

Yugi cried into Yami's shirt shaking his head. "N-no. Yo-you and every one else. Dead. Zhazh. Me. Run." Yugi cried.

Yami raised an eye brow but didn't push for any more information. "Shh... it will be alright Yugi. You just had a bad dream. Shhh.." Yugi whispered holding Yugi.

"Commander? Yugi?" Koujin said entering in the tent as the others looked inside. Concern on their faces. "What happened?" she asked.

"It is okay. Yugi had a nightmare." Yami said softly, still holding Yugi close as he continued to cry.

"Oh. Are you okay Yugi?" she asked, joining next to Yami. Yugi shook his head as he tried to stop crying. "Will you tell us what happened in your dream?" she asked softly as Yugi's cries subsided to only hiccups.

Yugi stopped long enough to explain the dream, but still clung onto Yami's shirt.

Every one looked at each other.

Yami cradled Yugi more hoping to out him to sleep again. "Shh Yugi. It was just a dream." Yami whispered as Yugi hiccuped.

After Yugi calm down they all packed up and set out again.

"We are lucky that we are close to our destination." Yami said.

Koujin nodded. "Yeah. No kidding. We ran out food thanks to HIM!" she said angered as she pointed her finger at Joey.

"I don't eat as much as you!"

"I only eat one plate! You eat a dozen!"

"Na uh!"

"Come on guys! And Girl! Give it a rest! You both can't stop picking a fight with each other huh?" said Mikuro as he separated them.

"She started it!"

"Yeah, and I'll end it too!"

"Whoa there! Come on! Stop fighting for just one moment! Please! For me?" Yugi pleaded as he gave them his puppy eyes.

"Okay. Just for you Yugi." Koujin said as she smiled at him.

Yugi smiled back and shifted his hands that clung to Yami's shoulders.

"Look. We are here." Yami said gesturing to the town that could be seen up ahead. "There it is. Avaris." Yami stated.

They all came up to where men were standing more then one.

"Name and squadron."

"Commander Atem and Squadron 6." Yami stated.

The man blinked. "Atem? Oh Ra! We thought you and your troop was dead!" the man said. "Come! Lets get you all rested up and fixed." said the man helping Yugi slip off Yami's back.

"Can you do me a favor and take him to the closest doctor? His ankle was bitten into by a crocodile and it needs to be checked out."

"Of course. How about you? Are you okay?"

"Just a knife wound. I'll be fine."

"Na uh! No way commander." said Hank as he pushed Yami a little. "The knife cut between your ribs. You need to get it check out too." he said. "We'll take care of the rest."

Yami sighed. "Fine." the man took Yami and Yugi into a building where some men and a few women were looking about checking all the sick soldiers. "Was there an attack here?"

"Yes and no. The boat that brought them here was bombed and many got injured, few died." Yami nodded.

"I see."

"Commander Atem. It is nice to see you again." said a woman as she came up to them. She was wearing a white dress that had a badge in the shape of the Egyptian Flag. "I almost thought you didn't make it." she said with a smile. Her orange red hair was tired in a pony tail and her blue eyes could be seen behind her thin blue rimmed glass.

"I would say the same, but this just isn't the kind of scenery to say so." Yami said, getting a chuckle from the woman.

"Yes. Yes. You are right. Now who is this?"

"This is Yugi. He needs his ankle checked up on." Yami said.

"Hello Yugi. My name is Lenil." she said.

"Hi." Yugi said as he smiled at her.

"Come, I'll give you both a check up." she said. She nodded to the man and he nodded back before leaving.

Yami helped Yugi hop to a bed and sat him down.

Lenil took Yugi's ankle into her hand and took off his shoe and sock and looked at the wound carefully.

"Ouch. How did you get this?"

"I was walking when I slipped down hill into the Nile and a crocodile bit me." Yugi informed.

"Hmm.. The crocodile did a big number on you. He bit away some of your muscle and into the bone."

"Will he be alright? I mean. Be able to walk?"

"Yes. He should just need to take it easy on it. The muscle will grown back after a couple of months. Maybe a year to the most. But yes. He will be able to walk." she said, cleaning and putting on a new bandage cloth over his ankle, making it so tight it stayed stiff.

Yugi flinched a bit but didn't say anything.

"Okay Yami. Let me check you."

Yami had to take off his shirt and Lenil helped him with the bandage.

"Ouch. How did you get this Commander Atem?"

"Surprise attack with we were departing from Bubasti." Yami said.

She nodded and cleaned the deep wound. She re-bandaged him up. "I'm surprised Commander Atem. You survived that and carried Yugi over here. Good job." she said patting his back. "You both are fighters you." she complimented with a smile.

Yugi and Yami nodded.

"Well I better go help the others out. I want you two to take it easy. Got it?" she asked in a stern voice.

"Yes ma'am." Yami and Yugi said at the same time.

"Good." she walked off to help the next person.

"Come Yugi. Let's go look around." Yami said standing up and helping Yugi.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They both walked and hopped around the small town and looked around. Their troops had all gone to the mess hall that was established during the war.

"Commander! Yugi! Over here!" Shizu called them over jumping up and down.

Yugi and Yami walked and hopped over there and sat with the troop talking about random topics.

"Commander?" a man asked as he came up to Yami and the rest of them.

"Yes. That is me." Yami said standing up.

The man smiled. "Some one is here to see you." he said as he looked over to the entrance and nodded.

Yami blinked and before he knew it, he was being hugged by something small.

"Atem!"

"Sen-Senarius!" Yami stuttered going down on his knees and hugging the girl.

"Oh Atem! I missed you so much!" she said as Yami stretched her arms length so he could see her.

"I missed you to, Senarius. Oh. You have grown so big."

The girl smiled and giggled. "What happened to your hair? No more lightning!" she squealed running a hand through his short hair.

Yami chuckled. "I had to cut it."

"Oh! But you look funny." she said giggling again.

Yami laughed. "Oh so now I look funny eh?" Yami said sitting back in his seat and pulling her into his lap. "Look Senarius. These are my new friends and my troop." Yami said.

The girl smiled and dug her face into his shirt waving at each of them.

"Aw! Your so cute!" Koujin said with a large smile. "Hey there Senarius, I have heard much about you. My name is Koujin." she said.

"Nice to meet you." Senarius said as she turned to them.

"You look almost exactly like your brother, you just need the blonde hair." Yugi said smiling at her. "My name is Yugi." he greeted as he held out his hand.

Senarius smiled and shook his hand. "Marhaban/. I am /donkor to meet you all."

Every one looked at her confused except Yami. "Oh. Senarius. Not every one understand Egyptian."

"Boy that is weird! I said, Hi I'm very honored to meet you all." she said with a smile.

Every laughed.

"Where is mother?"

Senarius looked down. "I-I don't know. They wouldn't let me see her the other day." she said as she rubbed her crimson eyes.

Yami's heart fell. "Are you okay?"

Senarius nodded. "Momma wanted me to give you this, before they took her away." she said pulling out a neatly folded paper and handed it to Yami.

Yami took the paper and unfolded it before reading its contents.

Yami's breathing became uneven as he hugged his sister close.

"Atem? What is wrong?"

"Mother's gone Senarius."

Senarius hugged her brother back, confused to what was going on.

"Yami? What did the letter say?" Yugi asked as he patted Yami's back lightly.

"It said she was having symptoms of yellow fever." Yami said whipping his eyes.

"Yellow fever?"

"It is a deadly fever. It killed many a long time ago." Koujin informed.

"Oh Yami. I'm sorry." Yami took a deep breath, evening his other breaths out.

"It was fate Yugi. We couldn't have done anything." Yami said swallowing his words after he said them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi watched as Yami sat next to Senarius, telling her things in Egyptian.

"Harakhty hanif agymah anhur atum khaldun." Yami whispered to her.

She looked up at him. "/Khaldun kneph/?"

Yami nodded. "Khaldun kneph." he repeated as he kissed her forehead and left the room.

"What did you say?" Yugi asked curious.

"I said 'Horus of the two horizons believes one who leaves his community bring back the distant one whole and immortal'." Yami explained.

"And she said?"

"Immortal spirit."

"Oh." Yugi said as he looked down. "I'm sorry about your mother Yami."

Yami sighed. "It is okay Yugi. It was time."

Yugi hugged Yami, nuzzling his face into his shirt.

"Yugi. Will you stay with me tonight?" Yami asked, his voice unsteady.

"Of course Yami."

Yami sighed in relief as the two walked and hopped down the hall and into Yami's room.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yami rested his arm around Yugi's waist and held him close.

Yugi snuggled against Yami's chest and listened to his heart beat. It was calm, but Yugi knew only hours before it had stopped. Yugi knew how Yami felt. He lost his parents when he was younger, around twelve or fourteen. How sad Yugi felt and how depressed he was too.

He looked up and saw Yami's face, calm and asleep. Yugi brushed away Yami's bangs and traced his finger around Yami's jaw line.

Yugi sighed softly and nuzzled his head close to Yami's chest. "I love you Yami." Yugi whispered before he fell asleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yugi woke up the next morning and looked around. "Yami?" he murmured an sat up. Yami's wasn't in the room. Yugi blinked and jumped out of the bed and changed his cloths.

He opened the door carefully and peaked our before leaving. He walked aimlessly down and up the halls of the big building. He wasn't sure where they were, just that they were in Avaris, Egypt. He looked th opposite way he was walking and ended up bumping into someone.

"Uf!" Yugi as he was recoiled backwards.

"Oump!" went the person as a thump was heard as it was bumped to the ground.

"Oh! Sorry about that!" Yugi said looking down at the person and realized it was Senarius.

"Heh! It is okay! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going... you lost too?" she asked noticing it was Yugi.

Yugi nodded. "Yeah."

"Come. We can be lost together." she said cheerfully as she stood up and dusted off her white linen dress. Yugi smiled and nodded as she took his hand into her own. "Where were you thinkin' of heading to?"

"Trying to find your brother."

"Atem? Oh he always disappears!" She said with a playful smile. "Then suddenly he reappears like if he was there the whole time!" she stated nodding. "Yup."

Yugi chuckled and smiled at her. "I guess Atem has hidden powers!" he said playfully.

Senarius nodded. "Yup! Maybe he can even see through walls!" she said cupping her hands around her eyes and gazing at the walls.

Yugi laughed.

"Or, or maybe he can fly!" she said jumping up and down.

Yugi fell to the floor laughing his head off as Senarius continued to name every single powing she could think of, once or twice repeating one.

They both stopped at a chuckle and looked to their left seeing Yami with crossed arms, his crimson eyes gazing at them. "So I'm a super hero am I?" Yami chuckled.

"Yes!" Senarius said proudly, placing both hands on hips.

Yami chuckled again and snatched up the small girl and balanced her on his hip, then helped Yugi up.

"I'm honored to be called a super hero." Yami joked.

"You certainly are super." Yugi said with a smirk.

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"Maybe."

Yami pouted making Yugi giggle a bit.

"Where did you go Atem? We have bin looking for you ALL OVER!" Senarius stated streching out her arms when she said 'all over'.

"I was talking to my own commander."

"Ooh!" she cooed. "Well. Next time give us a warning to where you are going!" she said. "Hey! That rhymed!"

Yami chuckled. "Okay and yes it did."

Yugi smiled at them as they entered the dining hall.

They each picked out something to eat and sat at a table, talking about random topics and making jokes now and then.

As soon as they finished eating they left the building and walked around the town soon coming up to what seemed like a playground area with rocks and sand boxes and a few small huts for the children. Yami and Yugi sat down on a nearby bench and watched as Senarius ran around and played with the other kids.

"It is so good to see her happy again." Yami said with a sigh.

Yugi nodded. "It is good to see you happy."

Yami looked at Yugi and smiled. "I love you Yugi." he said before kissing Yugi softly on the cheek.

Yugi smiled back and leaned on Yami's shoulder and watched the small kids running from one other kid in the old game of tag. "I love you to Yami." Yugi said nuzzling Yami's shoulder.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BE Kitten: Oh my Ra I am so tired. Erg. Can't. Type. Anymore. Must. Go. To. Sleep. Yes. Sleep. It is now. 2:00 a.m. where I am.

Yami: Yes and by the way, Kitten, don't forget to translate the Egyptian Words.

BE Kitten: Oh yeah. Well here ya go:

Harakhty- Horus of the two horizons

Hanif- believes

Agymah- one who leaves his community

Anhur- bring back the distant one

Atum- whole

Khaldun- immortal

Kneph- spirit

Marhaban- Hello or Hi

Donkor- Humbled
Sign up to rate and review this story