Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Cursed

Chapter Seven

by MusicxisxHearts 3 reviews

And we finally continue on...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 544 words

0Unrated
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry about the long delay of no updates. I'm sure that none of you missed this sucky crap, but I'm going to keep posting it anyway. I just want to finish it really.

Two weeks passed uneventfully. I basically just sat around the house and helped Kales with hacking sometimes. I was getting stronger and putting more weight on, but the Reverend wouldn't let me do anything. He wouldn't even let me start training for hunting again.
"In time Peter, all in good time," he told me every time I asked.
I sighed and rolled over onto my back on my bed. No, not in good time. I want to do something! I'm sick of moping around here and feeling useless!
"Uh, Pete?" Kales asked shyly from my bedroom doorway.
I sat up and hung my legs over the side of the bed, "Yeah?"
"I uh, have to go...out tonight..." Kales said hopelessly. Not like I want to.
I cocked my head a little. Kales normally is the confident one. Time to repay her for all the kind words. "What's up?"
Kales closed her eyes and sighed. When she opened her eyes, she looked extremely sad. How do I tell him? "I have to go do a, um, job. And you sort of need to stay here. Alone..."
I perked up a little, "Job?"
Kales shifted uncomfortably, "Mark and TJ normally take care of this kind of stuff, but they're out of contact...so..."
My eyes widened, "What? Out of contact?!" This cannot be happening! What if they're DEAD?
"It's ok, this has happened before. Usually it means that they had to go undercover. Rarely, it means they got into a tight situation," Kales tried to reassure me. It sounded more like she was trying to reassure herself.
"So job?" I asked.
Kales sighed again, "Uh, yeah...I kind of have to...um..."
My stomach dropped. This can't be good. "Is this along the lines of killing?" Kales frantically nodded her head. She looked really pale. "You gonna be ok?"
She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "Yeah, it's just...I don't know if I can do it..." Oh shoot, I did not just tell him that.
"Do you want me to come?" I asked hopefully.
She shook her head and smiled a little, "The Reverend and Mark and TJ would freak if they found out. Besides, I don't want you to get hurt anymore."
I looked at her sort of astounded and disappointed. Does she really care that much about me? And who would find out if I go?
Kales seemed to read my thought and slowly shook her head, "Sorry Pete, hold down the fort for me and don't answer the door." She turned to leave but stopped and turned back to look at me, "And please don't leave."
I slowly nodded my head, "I promise I won't." The least I can do is take myself off of her list of worries at the moment.
"Thanks," and with that Kales left.

ANOTHER AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yeah I know, that was insanely short. But something drastic and monsterously important is going to happen in the next chapter. Not like I'm trying to get you all interesting or something like that...
Sign up to rate and review this story