Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Jolinar

Goa'uld Hunter

by Meushell 0 reviews

Jolinar continues to have hope.

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-30 - Updated: 2006-11-30 - 1133 words

0Unrated
Part 7, Goa'uld Hunter

The door that led to her cell opened, and Jolinar heard the voice of the Jaffa. "This Goa'uld, Jolinar of Malk-Shur, claims to be part of that group."

Both Teal'c and Jack O'Neill came into view. Jolinar knew they were taking about her and the Tok'ra.

"Can you be sure he is who he says he is?" Jack asked the Jaffa.

"I cannot."

Jolinar was leaning against the wall. "Unfortunately we do not carry identification." She stepped away from the wall to face them more properly.

"Ok, let's try to build a little trust here, shall we?" Jack asked. "One of the Nasyans we brought back was very badly burned, but somehow he just got up out of his hospital bed and disappeared. Who is he?"

Jolinar thought of the man she saw at the hospital, the man who should be dead, but was not. She glanced down slightly. "Must be the Ashrak." I should have killed him when I had the chance.

Jack looked slightly to Teal'c for clarification.

"It means 'hunter,'" the Jaffa informed him.

Jack turned back to her. "A Goa'uld?"

"Yes, an assassin of the highest rank who carries out the orders of the System Lords."

"Who is he here to kill?"

Jolinar swallowed, hesitating slightly. "Me."

---

The door opened again, and this time the Jaffa returned with Daniel Jackson. Jolianr stood up, watching as Daniel approached, and Teal'c stayed by the door. "Daniel Jackson."

"Yes."

"You care about Samantha Carter as much as O'Neill and Teal'c?"

"Yes, I do." Daniel wouldn't look into her eyes for more than brief second.

"Yet, this is the first time you have come to see me."

He pulled something from his jacket, his eyes still not looking into hers. "I came to see if you can give us a description of the Ashrak."

"I will know his face only in the moments before he tortures me to death..." Jolinar spoke bravely, though she was afraid.

Daniel looked up at her, looking fully into her eyes for the first time.

"...killing your friend along with me."

His eyes averted again, which annoyed Jolinar because she had seen some memories Samantha had with him. "Well, there is no way he's getting in here."

Jolinar continued to look into his eyes, hoping he'd look back into hers. "You are not stupid Daniel, nor am I."

"He doesn't even know for sure you're-your'e on this planet, let alone in this base." He started looking into her eyes more often.

"He is Goa'uld. He will find me. It's what he does. Letting me go, trusting me, is the only chance of saving your friend, Samantha."

"Then I'm sorry." He stepped forward, and looked fully into her eyes again. "I'm sorry, Sam."

Jolinar felt as if he was ready to leave. She needed to convince him. "Alive I can be a powerful ally. Dead I am useless to you."

Daniel had turned away from her taking a few steps, but then turned back to speak. "Well, then you're gonna have to give us more than empty promises."

Jolinar wondered briefly what would keep Daniel there. /His wife/, she thought. "I can give her back to you."

He looked away, and then back to her, lifting his arms in somewhat of a shrug. "We can't let you go."

"I'm not talking about Samantha, Daniel." She watched as he started to leave. "I'm talking about Sha're."

Daniel came to a halt and turned back to her again.

"I know where she is," Jolinar continued.

Daniel stepped back towards her. "Then, where is she?"

"I would need to show you. The Tok'ra can remove the Goa'uld from her."

Daniel stepped closer again. "The Tok'ra can do that? They...would do that?"

"Yes. We have a different way of life than that of the Goa'uld, and only take willing hosts. It can be a rewarding relationship."

"Willing hosts?" It was part question, part statement.

"Humans who are close to death may choose to co-exist with a symbiote," Jolinar said, and then added quickly before the obvious could be pointed out. "I had no choice with Samantha. Being an unwilling host, I wish to leave her."

Daniel said nothing, seeming to be taking all of this in.

"I wish to leave Samantha," Jolinar repeated, "but I can only leave if you trust me."

---

Daniel and Teal'c had left, and Jolinar hoped that at least one of them believed her, and that they could convince the others to let her go. She waited, feeling more impatient and afraid as time passed.

She looked up as the door opened, expecting to see a member of Samantha's team. Instead, Jolinar saw a man she had never seen before, and knew she was going to die.

"Who are you?" one of the guards asked before being shot. The other one was shot as he started raising his own weapon.

The Ashrak looked up at Jolinar, still holding the gun. "Interesting weapon these humans use." He walked over, stepping over one of the men he just killed. He opened the door to her cell.

For a brief moment Jolinar hoped he would use the Tau'ri weapon, as it would be less painful than what he would have used otherwise, but she knew her hopes were futile.

He approached closer. "Cree-shack, Jolinar, by decree of the Goa'uld System Lords, you will die with dishonor by the power of the Harakash." He lifted up the dreaded Goa'uld device towards her.

"Hear this," Jolinar started, and was surprised, that he was actually willing to hear. "The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra."

She saw a flash of light coming from the device, and suddenly felt as if her mind was burning. She drew back in reflex, leaving her host in control, but the pain only grew stronger and made its way through her entire body. Jolinar worked to take most of the suffering and injury, and held her position for as long as she could. If she hadn't been completely within the host, the Ashrak would have heard her screams.

Samantha lost conscious before she did, and now Jolinar suffered alone. Her body was stiff as if from electric shock. It paralyzed any large movements, and any small movements caused a loud screech of pain. She forgot all else but the hurt. It moved through her body as if liquid fire was pouring through her systems. It ended at her tail, and start again in her mind, more intense each time. After eternity, the pain lessoned enough for her to hope for death. Finally, after another eternity, she remembered her host, who was dying.

To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story