Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Acceptance

For Dreamer Night's the only Time of Day

by Shae-Thalia 0 reviews

Oliver goes walking through his neighborhood, but yet he hears singing. It sounds like the girl he met a few days ago...He follows it to get some answers..

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Oliver Wood - Published: 2006-11-30 - Updated: 2006-12-01 - 720 words

0Unrated
Celena was in her backyard, on paved section about 3 days later. She was dressed in black yoga pants, and a tight zip up hoodie. On her feet were ballet slippers. She was just trying to remember how to dance; she had been pushing her body a lot the past few days. Her muscles screamed when she went on her toes, her arms against her house for balance. She had found out that her friend had died, so this seemed like the only way she could handle it...Pushing her self to be perfect; even though the only thought pouring through her head was 'Im not perfect, I have XP...'

Her muscles eased slightly, and the pain lessened, her muscles were remembering. She let go of her house and began to pirouette. Her arms were gracefully over her head. She stopped and began to perform an arabesque. Her body still screamed, as she went back on to her toes. She began to tiptoe slightly, staying upright on her toes as she stumbled and fell.

"Damn it," she muttered as she stood up once more, noticing a slight rip in her pants.

She took off her slippers and placed on a pair of skate shoes in their place. She began to stretch again, trying to get ready for the dance she learned from a movie. She smiled to her self as she headed to a grassy point in her yard, she shut her eyes, as the song began in her head. She had it memorized, the lyrics flowed from the song in her head, to her mouth as she began to dance. It was the same dance she was dancing when she met Oliver.

"For a dreamer night's the only time of day..." she sang quietly as she danced around. She was so caught up she didn't notice a shadow in her yard listening.

"And I'm free, like the wind...like I'm gonna live forever. It's a feeling time can never take away, all I need's a few more dollars," She sang, the song pouring from her mouth was filled with a slight pain, it was just thick with emotion.

The song ended as she spun hearing a noise from her audience.

"You're trespassing," she informed it. "I do see you."

"I didn't want to interrupt," he replied, stepping forward.

"Hello, Oliver" she said as Oliver Wood stepped forward, in to the dim light that poured from her house.

"Hi, Tari..." he replied trying to find out if she was angry or not.

"What are you doing here?" her voice sounded tired, like she gave up; Oliver couldn't hear the strength he had when she had been singing.

"I was walking past, and I heard you and recognized your voice. So I came to watch." He replied, honestly...This girl was interfering with his thoughts about Quidditch!

"I see," was all she said quietly and sat down on the lush grass.

Oliver sat down beside her. "What's wrong Tari?" he asked finally when the silence had consumed them both.

"Why do you care?" she said, her quiet voice icy. "You heard the kids talking about me didn't you?"

"A little..." Oliver admitted, he was out with his mom when he heard a couple of teens about their age talking about a ghost girl. Oliver walked up and introduced him self and asked what they were talking about. They told him about a girl, with skin so pale it glowed in the night, a girl who was never seen except for night after the sun went down. They said she was a vampire.

"So... You came to see what the 'Vampire' looks like." She spread her arms and turned to face him. "What do you think?"

"I know you aren't a real vampire. Remember I go to Hogwarts." He told her.

"So why are you here?" she asked, getting up and backing away from him.

"I want to know why you are like this, why you can't go in to the sun. Why you are the only witch in Hogwart's history that is having our Headmaster home teach you." He demanded, hoping for an answer.

"Fine," she opened her screen door. "Follow me..."

Author's Note: The song lyrics is from the Newsies song "Santa Fe" written by Alan Menken sung by Christan Bale
Sign up to rate and review this story