Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Twins

Weapons, Cronus and...Vacation???

by Always_A_Legend 4 reviews

Jayden is being dragged along with the others in order to stop Cronus from launching a 'surprise attack' it doesn't go as planned but someone will be surprised, alright.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 4051 words

0Unrated
Me: Well I finally decided to move my lazy butt and start typing up chapter 5 for Twins.
Jayden: currently chatting on msn with Jessie and Anolez
Me: ...Well I guess it's just me here.
Jayden: still chatting with Jessie and Anolez
Me: grr...walks over and bonks Jayden on the head Yo! Bozo! Go do the disclaimer already!!
Jayden: OWW! Ok ok! Don't have to bite my head off! grumbles Mommy do NOT I repeat DO NOT own Class of the Titans. Happy now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay arrived downstairs, finding the other titans waiting for him.

'Come on. Let's go,' he looked around. 'Hey. Where's Jayden?'

'Upstairs,' replied Archie.

'Isn't he coming with us?' asked Jay.

'No. Hera said that she only wanted to see us,' said Odie. Jay nodded and they all went out. The night was clear so they decided to walk. The walk was silent. The only noise they heard was the crunching of their shoes on the dry and crisp leaves on the ground. They arrived to the school and opened the door. They walked in a single file down the hallway and turned the corner. They headed towards the unnoticeable janitor closet at the far end of the hallway. They gathered around and Jay slipped in his medallion. They heard a 'ding' and opened the door. They all went inside and Herry pulled the switch, without hitting Archie this time. The door automatically closed behind them and a swirly blue portal appeared. Silently, they walked through it and headed for the queen of the gods' solarium. They found her feeding her beloved peacocks. She motioned them to sit. After a few minutes of silence, Hera turned and faced them.

'We have suspicions that Cronus might launch an attack on the far side of town. I want you to go there and stop anything that he plans to do,' she said.

'Is there any lead on what he plans to do?' asked Archie.

'Not really. But Hermes had informed me that he saw Cronus lurking around the place when he took the griffins for their morning flight,' she replied.

'Any idea when?' asked Atlanta.

'No. That is why I want you to up bright and early. Be ready for a surprise attack. Jayden will accompany you so I want you to stop by so he can get a weapon from Ares. That will be all. You may go back to the dormitory. Good night, children.' The seven teenagers stood up, mumbled their good byes and headed back to the dorm.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At six am in the morning, all eight teens woke up and went downstairs. They quietly prepared themselves but Jayden keeps complaining.

'Why do we have to wake so early? It's not like that crazed psycho as you put it is going to launch a surprise attack or something.'

'You know, if you weren't Jay's twin brother, I would punch the light out of you,' snarled Archie.

'And for your information, that psycho IS going to launch a surprise attack. Now shut your trap and get ready. We have to stop by the school to get you a weapon,' snapped Theresa. Jayden was taken off guards so were the rest of the gang. They had never seen Theresa in such a bad mood, except when she's arguing with Archie. They quickly ate breakfast and piled into Herry's truck which caused some problems.

'Ehh...guys?' said Herry.

'What's wrong Herry?' asked Jay.

'Well, my truck only fit seven. And there's eight of us,' replied Herry.

'Hm...that's a problem,' said Jay thoughtfully.

'Not really,' said Theresa. Everybody turned towards her. 'I have my car remember? Jay, you can keep me company.' Jay nodded.

'You guys go ahead and get to school. We'll meet you at the meeting place.' The others nodded and Herry sped off to school. Theresa went back inside to get her car key. When she came out, Jay looked at her hopeful.

'Sorry Jay. You know the rules. Maybe another time,' laughed Theresa. Together, they went back to the garage. Theresa's red sport car lay there, waiting for someone to drive her. They jumped in and Theresa drove off to the outskirt of town. During the drive, they were both quiet. When they arrived, Herry and the others were not there yet. They got out and waited. The silence stayed there.

'Why?' Jay asked out of the blue.

'Huh?'

'This morning. You acted so...not you.' Theresa was silent for a few minutes.

'Jay...when I went to bed yesterday, I had a vision.' Jay gasped and turned around.

'Are you alright? What did you see?'

'I...I saw Cronus and Jayden. Cronus stood over a hill, laughing and...and you were lying on the ground and Jayden stood over you with a sword. You were hurt badly and...' Theresa couldn't take it anymore. She started to sob. Jay pulled her in her arms.

'Shh...don't worry Theresa. It won't happen. I won't let him. Beside, I promised someone to tell her something when all this fiesta is all over.' Slowly, Theresa quieted down. The sun started to rise. If anyone passed by, they would think that it was just a random, lovely couple gazing at the sunrise. There they were, in each other's arm, Theresa's head on Jay's shoulders, Jay's body close to her. Ah how wonderful it was. More wonderful it will be if that deranged god wasn't going to launch this so-called surprise attack. But still, the two of them gazed at the sunrise, savoring the moment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Are we there yet?' called Jayden. He was stuck between Neil, who was staring at his three panel mirror, and Odie, the geek of the group.

'Dude, you are really pushing my buttons. One more peep from you and I swear I'm going to punch more than the lights out of you,' menaced Archie. 'And I don't care that you're our leader's so called twin brother.' That was enough to keep Jayden quiet during the ride. When they got to school, they hurried to the janitor's closet and went through the portal. Since they had shown Jayden how the secret entrance and the medallion worked the day before, it didn't take a long time to get in the secret hide-out. They immediately headed for Ares weapon room. They found Ares waiting for them.

'So, this is the new lad, huh? Look puny, worse than when Jay first came,' he gruffed. He walked over to a drawer and opened it. Rows and rows of swords and retractable staffs, similar to the ones Jay uses but some are looked different. Ares looked at them for a long time. Few minutes of long waiting, Ares let out a cry of triumph and took two batons that looked like the retractable staff Jay used. Same color, same shape, same weight.

'This will be your weapon. It's called The Bleeding Staff. Try it,' he said, handing the weapon to Jayden. Jayden took it and look at it dumbly. Ares sighed.

'Here I'll show you how it works. This staff is unique. It's several kinds of weapon build in together as one. You just need to have the right pressure to get the right kind of weapon. A light pressure gives you a staff, like the one Jay uses,' he said. He demonstrated to Jayden. He held the two batons lightly and gave it a harsh shake towards the ground. Then the ends extended.

'Whoa! It is like Jay's retractable staff!' exclaimed Atlanta. Ares then gave another hard shake but this time towards him and the ends retracted.

'That's the first weapon. The next one is a sword. Instead of a light pressure, it's a hard one. Let me show you,' he said. He held the two batons firmly and gave them a twirl before shaking it towards the ground. This time, a blade came out from one end of the each baton. The blade was about 7 cm wide and had sharp edges with dents going in like an ice sword. Ares then clanked the handle together and the swords retracted. Jayden took them and tried it. This time he was able to master extending the staffs but he had a hard time with extending the swords. He kept dropping the batons every time he twirled them.

'Come on, clumsy boy. We don't have all day,' said Archie.

'Hey, it's not that easy, you know! Why don't you try it?' cried Jayden. Archie took the batons from him and twirled them easily before shaking it towards the ground. The blades came out. Then Archie clanked the handle together and the swords retracted. He handed them back.

'You were saying, dude?' he said with a smirk. He headed towards the door and Neil, Odie, Herry and Atlanta followed him. Jayden grumbled and went after them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'What is taking them so long?' asked Theresa as she looked at her watch for the millionth time since they arrived.

'Who knows? Jayden probably pushed Archie's or Atlanta's button and they had to stop by and beat the crap out of him,' said Jay. Theresa gently hit him.

'Ow!! What was that for?' he said as he rubbed his arm.

'Jay! That is so mean! I know he's your brother and you don't like him and all but it doesn't mean you have to be so mean.'

'Aw come on Theresa. I told you what kind of person he is. I know you're on my side!' Jay pouted. Theresa sighed.

'Oh all right! You win,' she grumbled. Jay smiled and gave her a small peck on her cheek. At the same moment, Herry and the others arrived. They jumped out and headed towards them.

'Took you long enough!' cried Theresa.

'Sorry. Clumsy boy here was having problems controlling his weapon,' said Archie, pointing at the scowling Jayden trailing behind him.

'Oh?' said Jay.

'Come on, clumsy boy. Show your widdle bwather your weapon,' smirked Atlanta. Jayden scowled some more but showed his weapon. Jay took a look and frowned.

'Isn't that the Bleeding Staff?' he asked.

'Yah. How did you know?' asked Archie.

'I saw it when I went to talk to Ares about my xiphos. He told me about it when he caught me staring at it. Said it was really powerful and also had combined powers.'

'Combined powers?' asked Atlanta.

'Yah. It has every single ability of our weapons. It's like all of our weapons combined in one. Here I'll show you. Pass me that.' Jay held out his hand to his brother. Jayden obediently gave the weapon to Jay.

'Theresa's nun chucks,' said Jay, while putting the batons together forming a stick. Then he pulled them apart and a chain was connecting them together. Jay swung it around and put the ends back together again. This time when he pulled them apart, the chain was gone.

'My retractable staff.' Jay held the two batons lightly and gave it a harsh shake towards the ground. Then the ends extended. He gave it another shake and the ends retracted.

'My xiphos.' Jay held the two batons firmly and gave them a twirl before shaking it towards the ground. The blades came out. 'The blades are unbreakable like Herry's unbreakable rope. The edges are really sharp so it cuts through anything like Archie's whip. With the right position and the right angle, they can also reflect light, like Neil's mirror. You notice that it resemble an ice sword. And there's a reason for that.' Jay held the blades horizontally with the sharp end face to face. Then he swung it so it's in a vertical position. He slowly brought the two swords together and they started to become one big ice sword. The blade had a light blue light mist, encircling the blade itself. Jay swung it lightly and light beams shot out and hit the tree in front of them.

'Courtesy of Atlanta's laser crossbow.' Jay then brought the blade in a vertical position again and slowly separated the swords. It was back in its original twosome form. He then clanked the handle together and the swords retracted. Jay gave the weapon back to Jayden, who took it and admired the batons.

'Ok. One question though,' said Odie. 'Why is it called the Bleeding Staff?'

'Beats me. I asked Ares about it but he never told me,' shrugged Jay. He glanced at his watch.

'Wonder what Cronus is up to. Half of the morning is almost gone. We better split up and look around for any traps. Theresa, you're with me. We'll look up north. Atlanta, you and Neil can go look east.'

'What! Why Neil!' interrupted Atlanta.

'I don't trust Neil in letting him pair up with Jayden,' said Jay. 'Herry and Odie, I want you to look south. Archie, you'll go look west with Jayden. Report back here in two hours. Got it?'

A series of 'Got it' responded. Everyone separated and went to their assigned locations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Two hours later...

'Well, got anything?' asked Jay.

'Nope, just empty lands and fields. Everything is normal,' answered Atlanta.

'Same. What about you?' said Odie.

'Nothing. Where's Archie? He's supposed to be here a while ago,' asked Jay. Then nearby bushes start to rustle and the titans got into fighting stances. Then a mob of purple hair came out.

'Archie!' cried all six of the titans.

'Where were you?' asked Jay. 'You were supposed to be back here five minutes ago.'

'Sorry. I got held back,' grumbled Archie.

'Hey! Where's Jayden?' asked Neil. Just then Jayden came out with a black eye.

'Whoa! Dude! What happened to you?' cried Neil. Jayden grumbled and looked away. Jay turned towards Archie and raised an eyebrow. Archie looked sheepish.

'Sorry, Jay but your brother was getting on my nerves and before I could control myself, I uh...kinda punch him,' he said, rubbing the back of neck.

'KINDA!!?? Would you look at this!! It's ruining my looks! It's going to take loads of make up to cover this thing!!' shouted Jayden. Atlanta raised an eyebrow.

'Jay, are you sure he's your twin brother? He's more like Neil's,' she said. Jay looked confused.

'He wasn't like this when we were young. His foster parents must have spoilt him crazy.'

'Foster parents!?' cried all save for Theresa, Jay and Jayden.

'Eh...I'll explain later. It's almost noon. Let's get lunch started then we came search some more,' said Jay quickly. The others nodded and headed toward Herry's truck to get the picnic basket. While the boys went to get the materials for the picnic, Atlanta pulled Theresa aside.

'So when are you going to tell him?' she whispered.

'Tell who what?' Theresa whispered back.

'Don't play dumb. Jay! When are you going to tell him you like him?' said Atlanta.

'Whoa! What are you talking about! I don't like him!' hissed Theresa.

'You can fool anyone else but you can't fool me. I can read it all over your face. Admit it. You're in love with Jay' sneered Atlanta.

'Oh, like you are with Archie,' retorted Theresa.

'What! Am not!' blushed Atlanta.

'Oh yes, you are! Come on! Admit it, Atlanta!' said Theresa joyfully.

'Fine, only if you admit you are in love with Jay,' retorted Atlanta. Theresa sighed and was quiet for a while.

'Atlanta. You think Jay likes me? I mean more than a friend?' she asked.

'What do you mean?' said Atlanta, tilting her head.

'Yesterday, before we went to see Hera, Jay was going to tell me something. But then Herry barged in. I was so sure he was going to say it,' sighed Theresa.

'Oh my gosh! Terri! That's good news! I'm sure he's into you as much as you are into him. Beside, I caught Jay going all googly eyes all over you when you are not looking.'

'Really?'

'Yah.'

'What about you and Archie?'

'What about it?'

'Aren't you going to do something about it too?' Atlanta crossed her arms and held up her head.

'I'm going to let him do the first move. And he better do it fast. Because I'm not going to wait for him forever. By the way, you know Jack?'

'You mean Jack Grayson? The most popular guy in the whole school? The captain of the football team? Vice-president of the Student Council? THE Jack Grayson?'

'Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. The very same. I heard from Ashley that he have a thing for me.' Before Theresa could reply, the boys announced that lunch was ready. They got up from the shades and headed over. Little did they know that Jayden was eavesdropping on every word they had exchanged.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Man! Was that some lunch or what?' said Herry, rubbing his belly. The others rolled their eyes. Archie turned to Altanta.

'Wanna go explore the forest?' he asked.

'Sure.' They got up and went inside the forest.

'Don't go too far! And be on your guard in case Cronus decide to attack!' shouted Jay after them.

'Yah yah! We know!' Archie shouted back without looking back. Jay sat down and looked around. Herry was lying and looking at the clouds, Neil was checking himself in his mirror again, and Odie was showing Jayden all his software and they were now checking out the new game Odie had downloaded on his laptop. Theresa was no where to be seen. Jay got up and looked around for the red haired goddess. He found her sitting under a tree on top of a nearby hill.

'Hey, what are you doing here?' said Jay as he sat next to her.

'Oh nothing. It's just so boring waiting for who knows what to appear out of nowhere any moment.' Jay chuckled.

'I hear you. But we can consider this as a mini vacation.'

'True. I haven't seen you this loose before. Your mind used to go like this Cronus, Cronus, Cronus, Cronus, school, Cronus, Cronus, Cronus, Cronus, hang out, Cronus, Cronus, Cronus, Cronus, the next football game, Cronus, Cronus, Cronus and so on.'

'Really?' asked Jay. Theresa hung her head and said in a low voice.

'Yah. It's almost like you don't have any time for us anymore.' Then she whispered to herself. 'Or for me.' But Jay heard. He put his arm around Theresa's shoulders and lifted her chin with a finger.

'Hey, don't be like that. I promise I'll change my ways. But I just want the world to be a better and safer place for all us. Please understand, please.' His voice dropped to a whisper and he gently kissed her cheek. He looked at her lovingly. Suddenly, a shout rang through the peaceful sky. Jay and Theresa stood up and saw Cronus' giants. They ran down the hill and took out their weapon.

'Alright! Finally some actions!' said Archie.

'My, my. I never thought you youngsters would be so happy to see me!' said a voice. The giants stepped aside and Cronus walked forward.

'Cronus!' shouted Jay.

'Jay, Jay, Jay...always the impatient one. Now, ready to see what I have in store for you? It will be quite a surprise. Heh heh heh...huh?' Cronus looked at the scene before. He rubbed his eyes and looked. He rubbed his eyes again.

'Whoa! All this world domination must getting to me! Did I get enough sleep yesterday?' Cronus stood there, talking to himself while the teens were shooting each other confused looks.

'This is too much. Way too much.' Cronus created a portal and walk to it. 'Agnon! Get me a round way ticket to any where but here! STAT! And get me some coffee! I need a vacation, big time!' grumbled Cronus as he left the titans behind with bewildered looks.

'Dude! What was that all about!' cried Neil.

'I don't know,' said Odie. For once he was speechless.

'I guess our work here is done. Better go back to school and report back to Hera,' said Jay. Everybody save Jay and Theresa piled into Herry's truck. Jay and Theresa headed for her car. Jay was about to get in the passenger seat when Theresa threw her car keys at him. Jay looked surprised.

'You deserve it. You look so tired,' shrugged Theresa. Jay smiled and went to the driver's seat. He put the keys in the ignition and drove to the school with a happy smile. Theresa noticed this and smiled too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Herry and the others were waiting in the parking lot when Jay pulled in. He parked while the other looked on with their mouth hung open.

'Whoa! Dude! She actually let you drove her car? I thought she never let anyone drive it! How did you do it??' asked Neil.

'I have my ways,' smiled Jay as he handed the keys back to Theresa. Together, they all went inside the school. Luckily, classes were still in session so nobody saw them sneak inside the janitor closet. They walked to Hera's solarium and found her, gazing out as she gently stroked her beloved peacock.

'Hera,' said Jay.

'Ah Jay! You are back! How was it? Did everything went well? You are not hurt are you?' Hera bombarded them with questions.

'It was already and nobody was hurt. In fact, there was no fighting at all,' replied Jay.

'No fighting! That isn't like Cronus!' cried Hera.

'I think he was like Neil. Thought he was seeing double when he saw both Jay and Jayden. He was like 'Whoa! I totally need to get outta here!' said Atlanta. The others chuckled and nodded at the same time.

'Hm...I see. Very well then. Come. I will give you passes and you may go to your classes. I want you all to come back here after school for training and Jayden, you will meet you mentor after school.' Hera wrote a note to each of the seven teenagers while Jayden hung back to be given his timetable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Archie and Atlanta headed for gym, Herry went to chemistry, Neil and Odie to English and Theresa and Jay went to math. During the walk towards the math class, Theresa leaned over to Jay and held his hand. She smiled sheepishly and looked away. Jay smiled and planted a small kiss on her hair. They got to class and immediately let go of their hands.

'Ah! Mr. Argos and Ms. Minos have decided to join us today! What is your excuse?'

'We had a meeting with the principal. We have a pass,' said Jay, handing over his pass along with Theresa's. The teacher scanned over the note.

'Alright then. Please take a seat. As I was saying before we were rudely interrupted, the hypotenuse of a triangle is equal to the base plus the height of the triangle...' Jay and Theresa headed over to three empty seats in the back. They were listening to the teacher's dull speech about triangles and their hypotenuses. Five minutes late, there was a knock on the door. Ms. Hera walked in with Jayden, trailing behind her.

'Mr. Whinderberg, may I present you Jayden Argos? He is new here and will be joining your class.'

'Ah welcome Mr. Argos. Hm...this is peculiar. Do you by any chance related to a certain Jay Argos?' asked the teacher as he glanced towards Jay.

'He's my twin brother, sir,' replied Jayden. Everybody gasped.

'Peculiar indeed. Very good then. You may take a seat next to Theresa in the back,' he said as he pointed to the last empty seat.

'This day can't get any worse,' whispered Jay and Theresa looked at him sympathetically. She put her hand over his.

'Don't worry. I'm sure something good will comes out of this. Just be patient,' she whispered. Jay nodded and concentrated back to the lesson.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Me: Phew!! Well there's chapter 5! If you convert this on Word, you'll get 12 pages...soo long! btw, all the weapon thingy might be confusing. i'm not a weapon person so please don't kill me. as for the math, i made that up. so don't blame me when you start believing Mr. Whinderberg.
Jayden: still chatting with Jessie and Anolez
Me: glares I'm soooo going to get him...
Jayden: stops chatting and see me glaring at him, gulps hehe...good day, huh?
Me: RAWR launch a noogie attack.

~Stay Tuned~
Sign up to rate and review this story