Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Everybody Fooled

Unwritten

by ernie_the_leprechaun 6 reviews

Archie and Theresa are now friends, what could possibly become of this? (note: the rating went up, just so you're aware.)

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 1295 words

0Unrated
Life was, once again, good. Not bliss, and nowhere near perfect, but not condemable to only bearable. Three days after we split up, Jay still seemed upset, and distant with everybody. Most of the residents in the Brownstone thought it was because of our break-up, and took pity on the both of us. But I knew the truth, as did Archie. We heard them talking one day on our way home from school. Atlanta seemed to think I was horribly heartbroken over the whole ordeal, and refused to date Jay "in the name of Theresa's friendship." Little did she know, I did not intend to treat her with more than a cool kindness after what she had done before this.

I am unwritten
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined


Archie, on the other hand, has turned out to be an ideal and steadfast friend. I wish now that I had spent more time with him before, getting to know who he was. He is comical, sweet, and respects me in every way. Even the name 'Drama Queen' has taken on a nicer meaning, what was once an insult is now just a friendly nickname. We spend most of our time together now, studying, training, or just hanging out at the mall or park.

I'm just beginning
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned


The others had seen this change over Archie's sullen mood, that had been exibited for weeks without stopping. They have also noticed our cease in arguing, and must welcome the near calm that has fallen over the place. A calm that, for me, could not last long.

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that
You cannot find


It happened one day, when Archie and I were in the school's library, studying. We had just finished math, and moved on to our English assignment, when I felt something hit my shoulder. Turning in my chair, I found a piece of folded paper laying on the floor, where it must have fallen after hitting me.

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inner visions


Picking it up, I read:

Terri,

I need to talk to you. I know you're upset about you and Jay, but there's no reason not to talk to me. Is there? Anyway, meet me by my locker in five minutes, 'kay?

Atlanta


Archie, who had read the not over my shoulder, whispered, "Do you want me to go with you?" I paused, not wanting to look like a coward, but then thought 'honor be hanged.'

"Yay, Archie. Would you?"

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can like it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


As we approached Atlanta's locker, we saw that Jay was with her too. I should have expected as much. Archie squeezed my hand in assurence, and for that I was grateful. I waited for Atlanta to say something, but the silence dragged as Jay and Archie glared at each other.

I break tradition
Sometimes my tries
Are outside the lines


Looking strangely nervous, Atlanta said "Hey, Terri, Arch."

Okay, so maybe she wanted me to come alone. Well, she didn't. "You said you wanted to talk to me Atlanta. What?"

"I kinda wanted to talk... alone," she gave Jay a wave of her hand, and he went down the hall a ways. Archie looked me in the eyes, as if making sure I'd be okay without him there. I nodded slightly, and he followed Jay.

"Look, Terri, I'm sorry about how you and Jay broke up. He told me that he heard us talking, and were upset. He wanted to break it to slowly, be nice about it," she said earnestly.

We've been conditioned
To not make mistakes
But I can't live that way


This annoyed the heck out of me. I responded, "if he really wanted to be nice, he would have not gone out with me at all. He used me, just so Archie couldn't ask me out. Look, if this is all you wanted, I'm-" Our conversation was interrupted with a voice from down the hall.

"What the heck is your problem," Archie said to Jay. He voice was raised, obviously the rest of their conversation had been in a whisper.

"You heard me," Jay yelled back. "I don't like you, Archie, for taking advantage of Theresa when she's still upset about us."

"For your information, I'm not taking advantage of her. I'm being a friend, something neither you nor Atlanta have been recently."

"What the heck do you mean by that!"

"I mean you had no right to use Theresa like that, you jerk! Why did you go out with her if you din't care about her."

"It's not like anyone else does," said Jay under his breath. This stung me. I knew he didn't care for me, but nobody? How worthless was I?

"You're wrong, I do. I care about Theresa more than you ever have," said Archie boldly. My heart suddenly felt alot lighter, and the tears that had formed in my eyes seconds before disappeared.

"Of cource you do, because she's the only type of girl you could ever get," Jay smirked nastily. This touched a nerve in Archie, and they began to brawl.

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that
You cannot find


It was time for Atlanta and I to interveen, and stop them before one of them got hurt. Atlanta, however, seemed to have no intention of doing so. I didn't know why Atlanta had wanted to talk to me, but this was not it, judging by her horrified expression.

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inner visions


"Archie, Jay, stop!" I said, trying to pull them apart but avoid their fists at the same time. My presence had no effect.

"Guys, please, stop it!" I said sharply again, my voice raising in an attemp to reach them. Still they didn't cease their brawl.

"Archie, please stop it, please!" I was begging now, near tears again. For some reason, I could not stand Archie getting hurt. Not that he was loosing. He had Jay pinned against the lockers when my plea got through to him. He let Jay go and backed away to where I was standing. I took one look at his blackened eye, and his bruised face and arms, and started crying. He quickly put his arms around me, and pulled me to his chest.

"I don't want you to get hurt," I choked out.

"I won't get hurt, Drama Queen, I promise. If it upsets you this much, I will never get hurt again. Anything for you."

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can like it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


I hugged him tighter, loving his words, and hardly noticing Atlanta and Jay leave. I wanted Archie safe and well, wanted nothing to hurt him ever again, and yet had no idea where these strong feelings had come from. Archie had promised that no harm would come to him, but was this a promise he could really keep?
Sign up to rate and review this story