Categories > Anime/Manga > Fushigi Yuugi > The Nex Chapter

(3)The Cute Cheepskate & His Kid.

by EvilAngel1990 0 reviews

Now that I know what I have to do I'm ready to start my long adventure. We are off to find the other celestial wariors but I ge a little destracted by a crying child just to get ambushed by some je...

Category: Fushigi Yuugi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Hotohori,Miaka,Tamahome,Tasuki - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2006-12-06 - Updated: 2007-11-06 - 2063 words

-1MarySue
We find Hotohori out in his garden without attendants. He looks so peacefull standing in front of a clear pond with his long silky brown hair flowing gentily in the gentil breeze. His clear blue eyes are so focosed on something that makes him happy. I's staring to feel sorry for him for some odd reson. My stomach is starting to churn, and feel heavy.
"Hotohori!" yells Sara suddenly.
I'm suddenly snaped back to reality and the not in my stomach is almost completely gone. We run up to him together.
"Hotohori, we need to speek with you." I respecfuly request.
"Of course anything for our prestess." he responds.
"Please call me Angel. Prestess is so formal." I tell him smileing the only smile I can manage. "What do I do as the prestess of Suzaku? I have absolutely no idea."
"You must first find the seven constilations of Suzaku. They are wariors that have markings on their bodies like me. They are born to protect and serv you."
"You mean the Suzaku seven? I'veread about that. The presess of a cirten god has to find her seven most trusted wariors to help sommin the spiritual beast. In exchange for giveing herself to the great spirit she is alowed to do three miricals. Then the presrtess hs to leave the world untill she is needed again."
"Precicely. And you are the prestess of Suzaku. You must find: Tamahome, Tasuki, Mitsukake, Chichiri, chirico, Nurico, and me, Hotohori."
"Well that's one down six more to go." i sigh.
We all walk to the kition to find something to eat. Sara finds herself a bit of left over turky, Dina finds herself a large bowl of some kind of ancient chinies resipie, And i got myself a small bowl of rice, while the emorer got a carrot stick.
"Hotohori, you have to have more than that. Gab a bolw of rice to go with it."
He does as I sayand grabs a bowl of rice and adds some carrots to go with it. i laugh at his innocents and the girls join me. Soon the emporor laughs in spite of himself too. we just can't get enough of the laughter that we continue laughing over our lunch about things we did when we were younger, what we plan to do, and some crazy stories obout our families. We all love laughing and felt sorry that it had to end. I needed to go for a walk outside the castle. I just needed to bee alone for a moment. Hotohori was very understanding of my feelings. He realized that i just needed a good laugh and then i need to be alone. It was like he could read my mind. like he really unbderstood me. I was thankful. I am now on my oun in the city Konan just walking around looking for something, I don't know what. In the corner of my eye i see a small boy reaching for an apple and a large man with a gray mustash came out of tha shop and started yelling at the kid. I walk over to the two and say to the large owner of tha apple cart:
"Sir please my little brother didn't mean to cause you so much trubble. Here please take this in exchange for a few of your dellicios apples." I reach into my pocket and pull out a bit of gold I have collected over the years. One piece of gold every month from my father if I did very well in schooll and got a good paying job.
The man aggries and the kid and I walk away with a few apples to munch on.
"So tell me kid, Who are you?" I ask looking at the sky.
"My name is Minotcia. Thanks for helping me back there." he replied looking at my destracted face. "What about you?"
"To tell you the truth Minotcia... I don't have a clue. I thought I was a normal teenage girl destaned for an average life but now..."
"That's gotta be rough." he says looking down at his juisy apple. "I'm glad my brother and I don't have your fate. I don't think we could handle being anything more that what we are."
I look from the sky to the small boy beside me and slile.
"Your brother? What's he like?" i ask.
"I'll only tell you if you tell me what your name is or was."
I smile at his cunning, "My name is Angel."
"That's a pretty name. My brother's name it Taepion." He chimes, "He is the absolute coolest. He can fight off 100 men at a time."
He demonstraits by throughing a few punches at the air. i suddenly remember some of the story my mother and father told me '...and all of these wariors have very special gifts. One has the strangthe of a thousend men, another has the power to shoot flames at his enimies, one has the gift of extream martial arts, one has the girft of knoledge, one has the gift of healing, one has the gift of magic, and one has the the ablity to fight a thousend men with his life force.' That memmory struck a cord in me. I turn to the boy hestericly.
"Where is he I must meet him!" I tell him with a bit of alarm in my voice. I think I sared him with my sudden out burst.
"Okay." he smiles "No one has ever been so exited to meet my brother. He'll be so happy he finaly has a fan."
He rushes out of my grip and I quickly fallow him. He is very quick for a small boy. I mannage to keep up with him untill he ducks under a fence only he can get threw. I'm forced to stop dead in my tracks.
"Damn." i mutter, "now how am I supposed to catch him?"
"Easy, you don't." comes a voice ringing from behind me.
I spin around to look at who the voice belongs to. I'm sudenly surrouned by large bulky men that smell like they haven't taken a good bath in months.
"I'm sorry I'm not looking for a fight gentilmen, but you might be looking for a streem to bathe in."
"Why you!" yells a man as he carges at me.
I easily daudge by steping to the right. He stumbles and crashes into the wall i was faced with. I can't help but giggle as his face slides down to the bottom and lands in the dirt. I get into a fighting stance ready for a challange.
"Who's next?" I ask.
They all attack me at once. I jump as high as i can into the air, (witch is pretty high thanks to my high jum class. I am the world record holder for the high jump) and land on the other side of the hurding stampied. I let out a harty laugh as they try to get up from takeing such a blow. A few of the strongest men are able to get up and they attack me one more time. This time I fight back. I'm not blocking I'f going to land a punch. My fist collides wtith his face. I bend back and force the balls of my feet to connect with his chin. My feet fly over to the other side of my body till they touch the ground once more and I straiten up and get into another fighting stance. I twist my upper body and my lower body fallows as I extend my leg into the twist and the heel of my foot coonnects with a mans, charging at me from behind, face. He is throne to the cold grownd.
"Gottcha'" says a voice from below.
I look down an i find that the leader of the goup has a hold on my ancle. I smirk at him and his face grimmances ae my foot hits him in the jaw causing him to fly to the wall with the rest of his men. I'm suddenly grabbed from behaind. I can't move no matter how much i struggle.
"Damn" I mutter.
The rest of the guys start to get up and look to find me captured. For the first time in my life I feel volnerable, and weak. I don't like this feeling.
"Let me go!" I yell as i continue to struggle.
"Now you will feel the pain you enflickted upon us." rours the leader.
I brace myself to take the best he can though at me when a small and gentile tune enters my sharp ears. The tune is pure and sweet. It goes on to become a song I barely know the words to. I can't help but sing what I know.
Save me from the darkness.
I'm all alone.
won't you please help me?
if you leave my life is done.
stay by my side.
don't leave,
I need you here with me.
I look up above the man in front of me and he turns around to see what I see. We see a boy a little older than me in torn green clothing, light blond hair wrapped in a golden band low on his collar.
"Its not nice to pic on a girl." he says.
He jumps down from the top of the building and lands gracefully on his feet. My eyes wander his purefect frame and my eye becomes caught on an instroment tied to his side by a sash. I look up from the strange instroment into his beautifull water-green eyes.
"you should pick on someone your own size." he smirks and gets into a fighting position.
He manages to free me and i run to a near by wall, letting him do the dirty work.
After a while I get tired of waiting for him to finish up I join in the fight.
We win and I let out a small laugh. I turn to face him and his eyes become locked with mine.
"Thanks for saving me. I appreciate it." i mumble.
He doesn't seem to me as into the moment as I am because he says, "That's nice but I prefer money to thanks."
He holds out his hand for money. I jerk in astonishment.
"Your a cheepskate aren't you?" I ask with a playful smile.
"Yup." he smiles back.
Minotcia comes running up to me and Taepion.
"Bro!" he yells agitatedly, "Quit trying to make money off of everyone you meet. Your going to get us into trubble one of these days."
"This is your brother!" I ask pointing to him.
"It's rude to point at people you know." he sais crossing his arms.
"Sorry, I just didn't know that you were Taepion." I say pulling my hands to my sides.
I noticed that he had a chinies character on his forehead that read, 'Oger'. I grab his head to get a better look at it and make sure that it wasn't a fake.
"Your a warior of Suzaku!" I almost yell in his ear.
He pulls back and rubes his ears.
"Don't yell in my ears lke that. It hurts." he scorned.
"Sorry, I just got a little ecsited." I say, "Would you two please falow me. I have a job for you."
They look at each other, shrug, and fallow me. I walk all the way to the pallace gates and they start to back off. I turn back and ask them what's wrong.
They reply, "You work in the palace!?"
"Yes."
"And you want us to help you."
"That's right."
They both yell at me, "NO WAY!!!"
"Why not?" I ask inocenty.
Minotcia replies, "Because anyone who goes in there is killed."
"Oh don't be such a stick in the mud. I live there and I'm alive and if your with me you will be treated like roylty."
They look at each other and nod and fallow me. When we enter they fall flat on their backs at the sight they see and what they hear. A thousend rows of people bowing as I enter and praising me.
"Oops." I say with a finger to my lower lip.
I rush over to them and make sure they were alright.
"perhaps I should have warned you that I'm the prestess of Suzaku." I asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story