Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > All Alone

Puddles

by cassandra 5 reviews

Delilah does something stupid.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-12-06 - Updated: 2006-12-07 - 1090 words

3Exciting
Delilah and Kevin sat in silence as they ate. After they ate, Kevin yelled at Andi to bring them the bill. As Andi put the bill on the table, Delilah could she that her hand was shaking. Kevin paid and told Delilah, "Let's go."

Kevin got up and headed for the door. Delilah slowly got up, she took one last look at Andi then she left to go follow Kevin.

Delilah walked beside Kevin. He seemed to know where he was going. His strides were longer than hers, so every once in a while, she would have to jog a few steps to keep up with him. They turned a corner, into what looked like an alley. It wasn't just a normal alley, that people drove in, to park there cars in their back yards. No this was the type of alley that you saw in movies, where people would make deals and huge fights would break out.

Delilah stepped in a puddle. She looked down and saw that it wasn't a puddle of water. She could tell in was oil by all the different colors in it. She shook her shoe, as if it would do something, and saw that it was untied. She stepped away from the puddle and bent down to tie it. After she tied it something shiny caught the corner of her eye. She looked to her left and saw the handle of what looked like a knife, sticking out of a pile of grass. She picked up the handle and saw that it was a knife. It was a carving knife covered in blood... the blood looked fresh. She immediately threw it back down and stepped away.

She turned around and searched for Kevin. He was way in front of her now. She could tell that he hadn't even waited for her. Maybe he didn't notice that she had stopped or maybe he did, but he didn't care.

Delilah ran to catch up with him. They turned a corner which led to a dead end. Delilah stood there and stared at the fence that was in front of her. "Over here." Delilah turned to her right to see Kevin standing at the top of a small flight of stairs, he had keys in his hand. Delilah jogged up the stairs as Kevin opened the door. Once both of them were inside, Delilah asked, "What is this place?"

"My apartment building. But don't worry this isn't the front door. It's the back."

"Then why didn't we go in the front door."

"There's a man that's looking for me and he's probably waiting there."

"Oh." Kevin started to walk up a flight of stairs, Delilah followed. "Wait, why is there a man looking for you."

There was a pause then Kevin said, "He thinks I owe him some money."

"Well, do You?" They stopped walking up the stair and started to walk down a hallway.

"No, he must have me confused with someone else."

"Oh" Kevin stopped in front of a door, its number was, 13. He dug in his pocket and pulled out a key ring that must have had over 15 keys on it. But what surprised Delilah is that he found his door key as if there was only one key on the ring.

They both stepped into his place. Delilah closed the door behind her. Kevin took his jacket off, flung it over the arm of a couch, and walked into another room. Delilah was stunned by the beauty of his place, especially after seeing the outside of it, well actually she only saw the back of the building.

The walls were painted very bold colors. All of his sofas were leather. Delilah could tell had a surround sound stereo system, because she saw speakers sticking out all over his living room and his TV had to be at least 62 inches. She wondered if the front of the building looked as gorgeous as this did.

Suddenly Delilah lost her balance, she backed up into the door and looked down at her feet, her shoe was still wet. Only now had she realized what she had done. She had followed a stranger right into his place. Delilah couldn't believe what she had done. She knew nothing about this guy and to top it all off Andi seemed afraid of Kevin. Al and Scarlett always told her not to talk to strangers let alone follow them to their house.

Delilah heard footsteps coming closer to her. She looked up and saw Kevin. "Are you okay?" Kevin voice was so smooth and calming it seemed to wipe all of her fears away.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Good." Kevin walked into the kitchen, Delilah followed. The kitchen was as glorious as the living room. It was very spacious, it had huge counters, a gigantic fridge, a beautiful dishwasher, and an electric stove. The dining room was connected. In the center of the dining room it had a massive table, but only four chairs surrounded it. Delilah sat down at one of his chairs. "Where are you going to stay tonight?"

"At a hotel, I guess."

Kevin turned on his tap and ran his hands under the cold water. "Well I was thinking that you could stay here." He turned off the tap and wiped his hands on a towel. "I have an extra room here and if you keep staying at a hotel, you'll run out of money and then what will you do."

"I haven't even thought about that." Honestly she hadn't.

"Well if you stay here you can get a job or something and save up. Then when you're ready you can move out."

"I don't know. It fells kind of weird. I haven't even known you for a day and you're asking me to live with you. I don't know anything about you."

"First I didn't ask you to live with me. I was trying to help you out, by offering you a place to stay and second you and Julius became best friends in a couple of minutes."

Delilah felt like yelling at him, maybe even hitting him, and saying, How dare you compare yourself to Julius. But after looking into his eyes she couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead what came out was, "I guess I could stay with you until I figure out what I'm going to do."

"Good. That's exactly what I was hoping you would say." Kevin walked out of the room and left Delilah sitting there all by herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story