Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > All Alone

Down

by cassandra 3 reviews

Delilah's feeling down.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-23 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 927 words

1Moving
Delilah heard water running in the next room. She figured Kevin was having a shower or a bath. She slammed her head on the table as tears started to roll down from her eyes. "What has my life become?" She didn't know the answer.

Delilah cried, she cried for her deceased parents, she cried for leaving Al and Scarlett who were like her parents, she cried as she thought about that man who had grabbed her last night, she cried as she thought about what could have happened if Kevin hadn't have come along, and most of all she cried for her best friend in the whole wide world who was now dead in other words, Julius.

Her mind went blank. She didn't want to think anymore. She just sat there, with her head down, letting her tears hit the table, which soon made a little pool.

She didn't know how long it had been, but after what seemed like a decade, she was brought back to life by Kevin's voice. "Delilah, are you alright?" His voice sounded sweet and very concerned, but if she would have looked at him she would have seen him rolling his eyes.

Delilah wiped his tears away. "Yeah, I'm fine." Kevin knew that she wasn't, but he didn't care.

"Okay then. I'm going to work. I'll be back later. You can do whatever you want." Kevin walked out in a hurry.

Delilah raised her head from the table and stood up. Slowly she walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. She saw the TV remote on the coffee table. She quickly leaned forward and grabbed it. She pushed the power button.

There was a boy and a girl holding hands, walking away from a fire. There were obviously a couple. Delilah changed the channel. Now there was some sort of high school dance and everybody was slow dancing. Delilah sighed as she changed the channel. "I love you." "I love you, too." The two characters on the screen were just about to kiss, but they were cut off as Delilah shut the TV off. "TV sucks."

Delilah took a deep breath, stood up and walked over to Kevin's stereo system. Music always made her feel better. She turned the power button on and immediately music started to play. The music was soft, but it was also depressing for Delilah.
"Now at last I know
What a fool I've been
For I've lost the last love
I shall ever win

And now at last I see
How my heart was blind
To the joys before me
That I left behind" Well music used to make her feel better, but now it made her feel worse then the shows on TV did. Delilah pushed the next button. She wished it would be a happy up beat song, but she didn't think it would. Not with the way her day was going so far. She was right this song was worst then the other one.
"When your day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on
Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries n everybody hurts sometimes
Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along" "Shut the fuck up." Delilah didn't usually swear, but she couldn't help it. "I need some air." She threw her coat on and walked out the front door. She didn't even think about the door being unlocked.

She walked down to the main floor and saw Andi carrying a laundry basket, she was struggling to unlock her door. "Here I'll help you." Andi turned around and dropped her basket when she saw Delilah.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice sounded angry. Before Delilah could find any words Andi figured it out. "You're living with Kevin aren't you? I told you not to rush! Do you listen to anybody!" She was definitely angry.

"You act like he's some type of bad guy."

"Who said he's not."

"Well if he's so bad, then why are you his friend?"

"I never said I was his friend." There was a noise in her apartment. It sounded as though something fell and broke. "I have to go." She quickly opened her door, picked up her basket, walked inside her apartment, and closed the door. Delilah heard it lock. Then she walked down the hall towards the main door, as if her conversation with Andi never happened.

The front door was way nicer then the back door. It was hard to believe both doors entered the same place. Right when Delilah was about to open the door, a hand fell on her shoulder. At first she was scared, but then she relaxed. She turned around. The man was muscular but not as muscular as Julius was. She wasn't afraid at all anymore. "Excuse me ms, but do you know a guy by the name of Kevin."

This must have been the guy that Kevin was talking about. Delilah thought about what to say, then said. "I'm sorry, but no."

"Okay. Sorry for bothering you."

"It's okay." The man turned around and stood there. He was probably waiting for the next person to walk by.

Delilah walked out of the building and shielded her eyes as the bright afternoon sun hit her eyes.

_________________
The first song is a part of Now At Last by Feist and the second one is a part of Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.
I love both of those songs.
Sign up to rate and review this story