Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Destiny

Chapter Twenty

by angellbaby28 2 reviews

Emily is forced to face the idea that she could lose Ryan forever

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-07 - Updated: 2006-12-07 - 630 words

0Unrated
"Where is he? Is he okay? I got here as fast as I could..." A blonde girl yelled, running towards Brendon, Spencer, Jon, and Emily. Spencer rolled his eyes and Jon sighed loudly as Brendon explained Ryan's current situation to the mysterious girl. "Oh I'm sorry. I'm Becca, Ryan's girlfriend." Emily's heart sank when she heard the words 'Ryan's girlfriend' come out of the girl's mouth.
"I'm Emily, old friend of Spencer's and Ryan's... we went to school together." Emily said, trying not to sound too upset by the news she had just received. She was insane to think that things would just go back to normal after this whole ordeal passed. Brendon led Becca into Ryan's room.
"I'm sorry that I didn't mention her earlier... you deserved a heads up, but she was the last thing on my mind in all honesty." Spencer explained, seeing the hurt in Emily's eyes.
"No one likes her Em if that makes you feel any better." Jon chipped in. Emily laughed and hugged him. He was lucky to get off with just a broken hand and some stitches in his forehead.
"Well in all honesty, if he is happy with her, that's all that matters. I just want him to be happy." Emily said sincerely. "Jon, I am really glad that you are okay!" Emily said, resting her head on his shoulder.
"Thanks Emily, that means a lot." Jon said, smiling. "I think that I am going to go home... I just want to get out of this damn hospital for a little while. Does anybody want to come?"
"I sure do! I want to get a shower and some real food." Emily said, practically jumping out of her chair. Spencer laughed a little bit. "Spence, do you or Brendon want anything from the outside world?" She questioned, digging the keys to her rental car out from the bottom of her purse.
"Some food from Wendy's would be great." Emily laughed and kissed Spencer on the forehead. "I will call you if anything changes." Emily inhaled deeply as they stepped outside the hospital. The fresh air quickly flooded her lungs, which was very welcomed.
"It's been a pretty insane few days... you must be completely exhausted Emily." Jon noted as they climbed into Emily's rented 2007 Audi TT.
"I don't think that even begins to describe it." Emily said, laughing a little as she pulled out of the parking lot. "You know, just before Spencer called to tell me about the accident, I was watching one of your music videos on television. How weird is that?"
"That's pretty weird!" Jon said, laughing a little. "So... have you and Brendon had a chance to talk since you've been back... he told us about kissing you. Well, Spencer did actually just after you left and Brendon just told us that it was true." Emily sighed heavily as she pulled into the driveway.
"We talked for like a minute about it... there just hasn't been any time." She explained, following Jon inside. "I never meant for it to happen."
"Neither did he. He felt so bad for everything. He was a complete mess." Jon said, quickly listening to the messages on their answering machine. "Just give him a chance to talk to you Emily... I am going to go lie down for a while." With that, he disappeared into his bedroom, leaving Emily alone in the kitchen with her countless thoughts. She wanted so desperately to run away again, but this time she knew she couldn't. Ryan needed her and she needed to own up to her past and figure everything out. She lay down on the couch and started to watch some lame movie that was on television. Before she knew it, she was sound asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story