Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ABC's Of Growing Up

Scar Tissue

by danceislife 1 review

What happens now?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-07 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 625 words

0Unrated
~~A/n: The comments have been great! So here are three new chapters....Thanks to kelly_shell09, smiling_tj, trophywives, xoxTNTxox16, and Natalie! You guys are great!~~*

Ryan's POV:

I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging open. Breast cancer? She was only nineteen! What? She wouldn't look at me, and I knew she was holding back tears. It was almost as if I was frozen. I wanted to pull her into a hug, but I didn't know what to do. I snapped out of it as I heard the front door close.

"Hello? Anyone home?" a voice floated down the hall. I grabbed my shirt, puling it back on, not noticing that it was backwards. Before I could say anything, Maddie ran into the bathroom across the hall. Brendon came into my room, giving me a weird look.

"Dude, what the hell?" he said, noticing my shirt, keeping his voice low. I could hear Jon and Spencer in the kitchen.

"Let's go to the kitchen, okay?" I told him. We entered the kitchen and Spencer took one look at me and stifled laughter.

"Did we interrupt something?" he asked.

"Look, it's not what you think. I don't even know what to say. I-" I couldn't even finish my sentence. I know I didn't do anything, but it sure felt like I did.

"Where's Maddie?" Jon whispered. They all began asking me questions, whispering.

"Guys shut up!" I said, raising my voice a little. "Sit down and calm down for a second so I can figure out what to say."

They did, and we sat in silence for several minutes. Right as I was about to open my mouth to say something, I heard the front door open and close.

Maddie's POV:

He wasn't saying anything. Why wasn't he saying anything! Stupid scar; ruined my whole life. I knew that if I didn't let it bug me, it wouldn't, but it did. It was permanent, and not the welcome kind. Every time I looked in the mirror, took a shower, put on clothing, I was reminded of those horrible months I spent in and out of hospitals, and then the final surgery. Ireland had been my release. I could get away from well meaning friends, and my grandmother really did need my help. Before that final surgery, I cried because I knew I would never be able to be intimate with anyone again. After the surgery, I felt so incomplete. I didn't want to look at it, and I didn't want anyone else looking at it either.

I knew what I had to do. I quickly repacked what little I had taken out and called my brother.

"Hey Jay, I really need you to come get me," I said, choking back tears. He told me to take a cab to the bus station, he would pay for my ticket. He owed me anyway for getting him out of some trouble a few years ago. He gave me the number and I arranged the pick up. I noticed on Ryan's desk a wrapped gift that wasn't there this morning. It had my name on it. I threw it into my bag and snuck down the hall. I really didn't want to explain to the others about what happened, and I was sure Ryan would anyway. I saw the cab pull up and I quickly and quietly left threw the front door.

Once in the cab, I told the driver to take me to the bus station. I heard shouting behind me, but I couldn't look.

"Hey miss, there's a young man running, should I stop?" he asked, looking at me from the rear-view mirror.

"No, he wont remember me by tonight," I said, starring out the window.
Sign up to rate and review this story