Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Rebirth of Hope

Before The Dawn

by sailorchick321 4 reviews

what will the order do now that harry is dead? and how much help can he be for the other side? HBP compiant.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, James, Lily, Lupin, Peter, Ron, Sirius, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 1210 words

3Exciting
Sorry the update took so long guys but i'm done for the semester and back to written the fun stuff...





Before the Dawn

Molly Weasley sat holding a picture of her family. Ginny was just a baby in her arms and Ron a toddler in Bill's arms. The twins were a mess all covered in chocolate, Charlie had Percy in a head lock and Arthur was trying to pull them apart. She ran her fingers over Percy's face wishing he were here with the rest of the family. What if they never saw him again? What if they went off to battle tonight and never came back?

Arthur walked in to the room as his wife burst into tears. He silently walked over to her and removed the picture from her hands, helped her to her feet and guided her to the bed on the far side of the room. He turned down the covers and helped her get settled before toeing off his shoes and crawling in to spoon next to her back.

"What's wrong, Dearheart?" he whispered as soon as they were settled.

"Percy." she sobbed turning in his arms to face him. "What if we go off tonight and get ourselves killed? I haven't seen him in months. His blocked his floo and wont return my letters, he avoids you at work... Arthur... I..."

"Shhh, love, let tomorrow worry for itself, at least one of our children wont be going to battle tonight. Even if I don't like the way he went about it at least he safe...well safer. Sleep now, my love. It'll be a long, hard night.

***

Remus downed the last of the Firewhiskey in his glass before hitting the lights with a Nox and settling into the bed. No sooner had he settled than someone knocked on the door. He turned his head toward the noise to see Tonks slip in and close the door behind her. "hey there." Remus smiled as he pulled the covers back on the side of the bed nearest her.

"I thought you could use a shoulder." Tonks replied as she climbed in bed with him.

Remus sniffed, "I might be too drunk to cry." He replied with a sad smile.

"Bollocks, it takes three times the alcohol to even start effecting your system and I happen to know we don't have that much in the house right now."

"Yeah well, if I live through the night I'm making the acquisition of enough my top priority"

"Come here, Puppy" she said as she pulled him to her "you look like you've been kicked."

"I feel like it, too. He was the last Tonks. My pack is gone. I feel like I have nothing left."

"You have me."

"Yeah. Yeah I do." He squeezed her to him, and tried to fall asleep. After a few moments he decided that he was sober enough to cry.

***

Ginny curled into a ball and tried to sleep clutching a pillow to her chest, but sleep would come, and tears would come. Part of her was almost happy that she was fighting tonight, at least when she was dead she could be with Harry again. She finally gave sleep up as a bad job and padded to the door, across the hall and into her brother's room.

Ron and Hermione woke from where they lay as the door to the room opened to reveal Ginny still clutching her pillow to her chest.

"I couldn't sleep. Do you mind?" she whispered into the dark room.

"Not at all, honey. C'mere." Hermione replied as she beckoned Ginny to them.

***

Moody was still in the kitchen going over plans for that night when Snape walked back in. Snape pulled out a chair across from the old Auror and sat down.

"How early do you want me to leave, Alastor?" he asked.

"How long do you think you'll need?" the older man countered.

"I'll be gone when you meet the others then." Moody just nodded.

"Do you have a plan B incase I'm walking in to a trap? The Dark Lord will know by now that Potter is dead. That I haven't returned before now could very well get me killed."

Moody just nodded again. Both men fell silent, contemplating what they were sure was the last few hours of their lives.

***

Bill and Charlie decided to accompany the twins back to their shop to grab any kind of prank that might be useful in the up coming battle. Fireworks could be used as a distraction, the magical equivalent of a cherry bomb could actually be used as a weapon. The twins had 10 second clones, and giggle juice that could confuse or distract Death Eaters as well. The four grabbed bags from behind the counter and loaded up on anything and everything as quickly as possible before flooing back to Grimmauld Place.

Most of the teachers that were going to be fighting had returned to Hogwarts for the moment. Resting and waiting for the battle that night. Dung had gone to Knockturn in hopes of finding any kind of helpful information. And Shacklebolt had gone to the ministry to set up a last minute notification system so that Aurors would show up during the battle, with any luck no one would notice that Harry wasn't there until Voldemort was dead and gone.

***

Harry raced from the Styx back to Godric's Hollow. "Dad! Mum! Siri! Anybody here?" he yelled as he entered the house. His mom came out of the kitchen smiling and handed him a cookie.

"James and Sirius are out with Albus still. What do you need sweetie?" she answered.

Harry looked at the cookie then put it on the tea table. "Mum, what do you know about he Furies?"

"Well" she began "According to legend they are the judge and executioner of the mortal world when not legal system established had doled out appropriate punishment. legend says that there are three, Alecto, who punishes unjust anger, Megaera, who punishes envy jealousy and spite, and Tisiphone, who punishes murder. They are supposed to go after those who take pleasure in hurting the week and defenseless. And see child abuse and the murder of family as the highest to crimes. Why do you ask?"

As Harry listened to his mother describe the Furies things started to fall into place. The Fates had told him he had not died, but had answered a call to the other side. She had hinted that it was the Furies that had call to him. Now he knew that the Furies were some kind of divine avengers, all he had to do know was find them.

"Do you know how I can find the Furies mum?"

"Why ever would you want to do that? Sweetheart they're brutal. They haven't been allowed to fulfill their function in over 8000 years because they have no since of appropriateness. They reek vengeance on all who have done wrong, even little wrongs like..." she tossed her mind around for an example and her eyes landed on the uneaten cookie in the table in front of her son "like having a cookie before dinner."

"Good thing I didn't eat it then, isn't it? How do I find them?"
Sign up to rate and review this story