Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Rebirth of Hope

The Furies

by sailorchick321 2 reviews

what will the order do now that harry is dead? and how much help can he be for the other side? HBP compliant

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, James, Lily, Lupin, Peter, Ron, Sirius, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-04-27 - Updated: 2007-04-27 - 1442 words

5Original
The Furies

"Harry, I don't know how to find them. I don't even know if they can be found, if they even still exist. Why do you want to find they anyway?" Lilly ask looking at her son with a worried expression.

Something in Harry held him back from telling his mother everything. If these creatures were as brutal as she said, what did it say about him that he had answered a call from them? "Just something Albus said, it got me thinking." He then changed the subject, "do you know where he is anyway?"

"No, he has many more friends here to catch up with, than your father and I." Lily allowed the change of subject and returned to here baking. As Harry rose to leave she added. "Promise me you'll be careful."

***

Harry walked out of the house focusing on Albus. He didn't know if travel he worked that way with people or just places, but it couldn't hurt to try. When he looked up he say the edge of a cliff just a short piece in front of him. he looked behind him and there was nothing but a grassy field. Sitting close to the edge looking out over the cliff was Albus Dumbledore. Harry walked toward him and sat down next to him.

Albus looked at Harry as he sat and gave him a smile, but did not speak. They sat in silence, both lost in thought for a while before Albus spoke. "I fear this plan is bodes ill. Many will die."

Harry nodded. "Tell me about the Furies."

Albus' explanation was much the same as Lily's. "Why do you ask?"

Harry hesitated, but then told Albus everything. "The Fates said they didn't order ma to come, but that I chose to answer when I was called. When I ask what that meant she asked me why I answered, I told her I was furious at Voldemort and wanted him gone. She said I had answered my own question. I didn't understand until I was talking to Hedwig, who could see me in the Styx too by the way. I remembered what you said about Hell and the Furies.

Albus sat quietly for a few moments before he answered, "I wish we had more time to understand this before we act on it, but if you are to use this information to help those we have left behind you are running out of time. I have never heard of such a thing before and have no idea what it could mean. I can only tell you to ask the Fates again. Now that you know the proper question to ask maybe she will give you a more understandable answer. Come, I will walk with you."

They both rose and walked away from the cliff and into the forest that had appeared behind them. They soon reached the cottage and Harry headed to the door. Albus offered "Good luck, my friend," from where he had stopped not far away.

Harry turned to look at Albus, "I'm so used to you saying 'my boy.'"

"Would that help? To have something familiar before this journey?"

"Yes"

"Good luck, my boy."

Harry entered the old cottage again. The three women were still at work, spinning, weaving and cutting. The crone bid him enter and sit. "you've come again, young one. What do you seek?"

Harry thought for a moment, then asked "Why can I interact with the living when I watch from the Styx?"

"Can you?" she cut another cord as she spoke.

"Yes, I spoke to my friend, told him to rest. He immediately did I requested. Even used the words I used." He answered, watching her cut away another life.

"Chance." She replied picking at another thread.

"No," he countered "My familiar saw me and landed on my arm. I was solid to her. Why?"

Fate cut through seven cords at once, "Tragic accident" she said holding up the cut ends, "I wish those motor thing had never been invented, they create more work than wars. And why shouldn't the live see their own?"

"I'm still alive? Of course, you weren't the ones that brought me here. I answered a call from the Furies. Can I see my cord?"

The Matron of Life spoke to him for the first time, "It is here" she pointed to a thread near to her.

Harry looked at it, but the picture was so very small. "Can you tell me what it means?"

Never breaking pace with her knitting the young woman began to speak. "There was once a sad boy that was hurt and abused, but as he grew older he grew stronger. Despite the hardships of his life, and there were many, the sad boy became a good and kind man, a great leader and a fierce warrior. He is fated to face many battles, but the doom written for him is peaceful and his life is to be one full of joy."

Harry sat thinking about what he had just been told. He was fated to be happy and die peacefully...

The Crone interrupted his musings, "Ask your question child, the time grows short and the battle is near at hand."

"Why did the Furies call me?"

"I don't know."

"How do I answer their call?"

"How do you answer any call?" she countered.

"Respond."

She nodded that that was the correct answer. Harry thought about that then stood and said "Thank you" and walked out of the door. Albus was there waiting when he stepped out.

Albus started to speak but Harry cut him off. "Tell Mum I'll be careful, and tell her, dad and Siri I love them. And if I'm right to head to the Styx, there's gonna be one hell of a show." With that Harry reached for the old man and hugged him fiercely. "Thank you for everything, and I hope I don't see any of you again for a hundred years." And with that Harry stepped and thought 'alright Furies, you called and I'm answering, what do you want? And how can you help?' and he vanished form sight.

Albus stood for a moment then said "Good luck, my boy."

***

"He has come"

"Of course he has come, did you think he would not?"

"I didn't think he would figure it out in time, he's not proven to be the brightest star in the heavens."

"Neither are you, Tis'. And he is kindred."

Harry was very confused. He had appeared in a pitch black area, it was cold, and there seemed to be people insulting him and each other. Slowly his eyes began to adjust to the dark enough to see a closed doorway. He headed towards it. When he opened it a light turned on inside the larger room. It was empty. He walked in and looked for the voices he had heard when he appeared, and found them coming into the room from behind him.

Before Harry stood three of the most beautiful and most frightful women he had ever seen. He could easily see these women being feared and venerated by any who came across them. The first was tall and stately, elegant with long black hair. She was dressed in black leather battle armor daggers attached to her boots and across her back was a quiver and bow. Long almost translucent wings folded neatly against her back.

The second was shorter, but stronger of build. Whereas the first was built for assassination the second was made for close quarters fighting. She was about his high as 5'7" and carried two bastard swords, one at each hip, and two long daggers across her back. Her dark brown hair was cut short to stay out of her eyes and black leathery wings with claws reached above her head.

The third seemed to be made for seduction. She wore only black battle paint in artistic and strategic locations and thigh high black boots. She had feathery black wings that curled around her as she walked and waist long blonde hair. Harry stared at the three of them not daring to speak as they circled him, looking him over with a critical eye. At last the first spoke.

"I am Alecto, this is my sister Tis'" she pointed to the second with the leathery wings "and my other sister Megaera. Welcome young one."



~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you wanna see what I had in mind for the Furies here are some links

Megaera
http://profilejewels.net/grafix/drk_graphics/dark-angel.jpg

Alecto
http://images.quizilla.com/E/Elemental-Cat-Demon/1110932299_h252520bow.jpg

Tisiphone
http://phoenixdragonsp.livejournal.com/2092.html
Sign up to rate and review this story