Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > If Only

A Possible Attempt at Humor

by IWCT 1 review

Itachi makes a comment.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Itachi, Sakura, Other - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-10 - 475 words

1Funny
Author's Note: No Akatsuki members were harmed in the making of this fic. Well, Kisame is now a little worried about Itachi's grip on reality.

Born from a sudden addiction to Itachi/Sakura as a pairing. I usually don't like pairings that come out of left field with no cannon basis, sort of like Ino/Shikamaru, but I saw a fic with this pairing in the summary, and sick curiosity made me click on the link, not believing that anyone could make it believeable. Tsukashi can, and did. Read Hiasobi if you don't believe me. Since then, the pairing has been eating my brain.

I'm not good at writting romance. Any story with romance in it that I write is doomed to have the couple dieing in the end, and not in a touchingly tradgic Romeo and Juliet way, either. So I decided on a small drabble with a perfectly innocent comment as the centralizing point. I hope that I kept everyone in character as possible.

~ ~ ~

"What do you know about the pink-haired one?" Itachi asks Kisame.

They have been lucky today. They heard the kyuubi brat arguing loudly with the pink-haired girl outside of Konoha. Apparently their target has a vacation from Jiraiya's training, and thus will not be under the legendary Sannin's eye. He wanted the girl to come with him to some hot springs for a day, but she had training that she would not desert. All the better for the Akatsuki pair.

Kisame shrugs, he is sure that Itachi is formulating a plan of sorts, but he does not really know much about the friend of their target. "She's just some genin. In the same cell as the brat, and your brother. According to everything we've seen or heard, the brat lusts after her, and she after Sasuke. They say that she tried to get Sasuke to stay in Konoha before he went to play games with Orochimaru. Obviously she hasn't learned much about the fine art of kunochi seduction."

Itachi becomes silent - more so than normal. He becomes silen/ce/. Kisame waits just as quietly in their secured vantage point. He knows that silence, Itachi is mentally processing information, and looking for the best plan, plus a back up. Kisame trusts that silence. Itachi will tell him what they are to do when the time comes.

Finally Itachi moves slightly, and changes from silence to merely being silent. As expected a few seconds later he speaks, informing Kisame of what he needs to know.

"It occurs to me, not for the first time, that my brother is an idiot. Come on, we must continue to observe the brat."

Kisame nods, then blinks, as Itachi moves through the leafy trees with lightning speed. Did Itachi just comment on something that was not related to the mission? The shark-infused man follows, feeling uncertain.
Sign up to rate and review this story