Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > No Scratch

Mittens

by cassandra 3 reviews

I'm not sure when I'll update All Alone because right now I'm really into this story. Anyway enjoy the chapter.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-12-11 - Updated: 2006-12-11 - 528 words

4Original
"Chicken what?" Delilah stopped scratching for a second and gave Scarlett a bewildered look. Then she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder. As if it was a reflex, her hand immediately started to scratch it.

Scarlett lightly slapped Delilah hand. "You have the chickenpox's and you can't scratch."

In a whiney voice Delilah said, "But I'm itchy." and she went back to scratching her shoulder.

Scarlett grabbed both of Delilah's little hands in her own hands. She looked directly in her eyes and said, "Delilah you shouldn't scratch. I know it's itchy and it hurts, but you mustn't scratch." It looked as though Delilah was going to cry. Her hands were shaking inside Scarlett's. "Come with me, Delilah." They both stood up. Scarlett let go of one of Delilah's hands, but held on to the other as they walked away. Even though Scarlett told her not to, Delilah couldn't help it as her free hand scratched the side of her leg.

Right before they left the room Julius yelled, "Is she going to be okay!" Scarlett took Delilah out of the room without an answer. Julius started to panic, He tried to keep his cool as he thought, "Maybe she didn't hear me." But he knew that she had.


Scarlett took Delilah to the nurse's office. "Sit on the chair." Delilah did as she was told. Scarlett walked over to a cabinet, opened it, got something, closed, and went back over to Delilah. Who was scratching her legs. Scarlett knelt down in front of Delilah and put a pair of mittens and a bottle of pick stuff beside her.

In a calm voice Scarlett asked, "Are you going to scratch? Be honest."

Delilah looked away from her as she said, "Maybe."

Scarlett moved Delilah head so that their eyes where connecting and held both of here hands. "It's a yes or no question."

Delilah wanted to say no, but she knew that if she did she would be lying and she couldn't lie to Scarlett. Especially now. "Yes."

Delilah thought Scarlett was going to get mad at her, but she didn't. "I respect your honesty. Now what would you do if I put this mitts on you." She held up a pair on Delilah favorite mittens.

"I'm not cold."

Scarlett chuckled. "I know your not. But if you wear these you can scratch and I won't get mad at you."

Delilah thought for a moment then asked, "Can I wear Julius' mittens?"

At first Scarlett was surprised by Delilah's weird request, then she said, "Sure, if that's what you want. But you can't take the mitts off. Okay? Oh and if you leave the mitts on and listen to me, I'll give you a treat."

The last part intrigued Delilah, "What kind of treat?"

"Anything you want."

"Okay then I want... Can I tell you what I want later?"

"Sure, but you'll only get what you want after your chickenpox's are all gone."

"Okay then." Scarlett went to the cabinet and came back with a pair of dark blue Spiderman mittens. Delilah put them on and smiled. In winter Julius would never let her use his mittens.
Sign up to rate and review this story