Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

The Length of Forever

by NuuoaEclaire 10 reviews

Theresa wakes up in a strange place. What does the aftermath of her fight with Jay contain? Who is Thisbe... and what's that strange voice? And most of all... Why is her heart so cold?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2006-12-11 - Updated: 2006-12-12 - 1834 words

1Exciting
Authors Note: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been very busy. I hope Archie's boom has died down now... Nope I can still hear it. Archie step away from the oven! So as I think it's fair to say we all hate Hera, I'm happy to tell you she's not in the chapter. I am introducing a new mysterious character of my own though. Thanks to the awesome Demenior for helping me work her out. Cough Arodieilior cough so enjoy! (Don't kill Jay yet.). -Nuuoa Eclaire.

Disclaimer: See previous chapters.

Pairings: Jay/Theresa and Archie/Atlanta... but currently Theresa hates Jay a bit.

Warnings: Nothing much, a hurt Theresa, and more confusion and plot twists.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart

Chapter 5: The Length of Forever
(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·



"Aellaqui Stuna Leima." She mumbled in her unconsciousness, letting a beam of lavender light trail up from her fingertips. Theresa felt a dim numbness pulse against her head as she groaned and rolled onto her back. She winced in pain as the pain further seeped into her body. She trembled as she tired, and failed to open her eyes. How long had she been out here? Where was she? Why did her heart hurt more then her head? Then she remembered. She wanted to forget all over again.

Jay's past vehement pierced her as she cringed.

"You're some kind of slut!"

Theresa cried out as she covered her ears at his old words.
"I'm not!" she wailed, her unopened green olive eyes remained firmly shut.
"I'm not..." she trailed off, her heartbeat grew fainter as she pulled herself off the solid ground. Pushing the tears that gripped her, Theresa raised her heavy arms and rubbed her eyes open. Shock took over her past emotions.

A cold inky blackness surrounded the young hero, nothingness stretching out every corner. She shivered and wrapped her toned arms around her quivering body. Either it was really dark out, or she had no clue.
"Hello? Anyone there?" Fear would've gripped any other eighteen year old girl, but this wasn't any normal girl... this was Theresa, descendant of Theseus, martial arts expert, and clairvoyant. She took a reluctant step, and felt her aching muscles tense up as she plummeted back down to the ground.

"Don't' heal... need to save energy." She took a shaky breath as she cried out, attempting to push herself off the ground. She felt if she had been hung in the night sky, suspended by an unseen rope... 'Wait... how am I able to see in pitch-blackness?'

"And you're a danger to the team! Just look at you! Your eyes glow!"

She took a feeble glance down at her hands, and the violent purple glow immediately reflected back at her.
"Of course," she laughed bitterly to herself, "I have 'special' powers." Her heart took on an icy beat; her blood felt like it was made of artic water.

"You do." She immediately took on a fighting stance, her skin crawled with Goosebumps.
"Show yourself! Where am I? Who are you?" she called out, the calm echoing voice boomed with laughter.
"Silly girl, do you wish to ruin my fun? Fine. We are in your subconscious... and I wish to remain anonymous, if you wish to put it that way." the female voice mocked, Theresa felt a sense of unfamiliarity enter her. 'Close your eyes, think, relax, like your powers guide you, sense if she is dangerous...'
"It's pointless to use your powers on me you fool." The echo continued to boom around her, Theresa tensed up... she couldn't tell if the voice was a threat or not.
"How did you know of my powers? And what did you do to them?!" Theresa was getting scared now, despite her inner dispute, she wanted to go home, she wanted the voice to go away, she wanted Jay to love her... 'No... never Jay.' She thought, her fists tightened until they turned a ghostly white. Her heart's beating was slowing down to a chilling pace.

"I didn't take your powers dear, try shooting a beam at me... Or perhaps you think it a trick?" Theresa's stomach churned as her thoughts were almost read.
"Fine... it's your funeral. Aellaqui Stuna Leima!" her large eyes burned into the darkness and her hands burst into live vivid violet fire, quickly being released and set hurtling into the endless nothing. The adrenaline rush quickly left her. The voice sounded almost pleased and traumatized all at once.
"Aella-" the sound stopped in a whisper and continued in a haughty tone.
"Well done, you exceed my expectations... but take a breather, I have a feeling you're not up to your usual standards today." Theresa imagined a smirk on her... she assumed it was her, face. But the voice was right.

The dizziness that had gripped her sudden unconsciousness was back; she swayed back and forth as she felt a sweat build on her brow. Her heart pounded furiously cold, the sound especially loud in her ears.
"What did you do?" Theresa wheezed out, the sensation still fresh in her body.
"Your power source is weak, drawing from your heart does that. Your heart is hurt, so are your powers... You did it to yourself."
"How did-"
"I have my ways of knowing... lets leave it at that." She sounded almost gentle for a minute, before the ice entered back into her voice.

"And what makes you say my heart is hurt!" she yelled at her unseen foe, events finally setting in.
"Nothing is wrong with my heart! It can't hurt if it wasn't love!" Theresa's lungs were screaming for oxygen as she yelled, her cries boomed in the infinite space.

"All you're trying to do is seduce me! You're just a distraction. This is just some kind of fling for you... a game"

Her gingery red hair fell in wavy locks in front of Theresa's face, her eyes were puffy from crying, her rosy cheeks flushed.
"It was a game... nothing more. Seduction."

A slight chuckle emanated from the darkness around her. Her breath hitched in her raw throat as an icy breath creped down her neck.
"You know that place that lingers in the back of your mind? The cold confines that grip you heart, sing out with an intoxicating poison lullaby? It's where you'll go when you realize that waiting forever doesn't last an eternity. Let your heart be consumed, and our souls become one Theresa. And step away from the man that will never love you back."
"What are you talking about!" Theresa felt her blood rush cold, her heart felt frosted. 'Never love you back. Never love you back. NO!'
"How do you know my name? How-" she stopped as she met the woman's eyes. Her heart stopped beating completely.

The person in front of her looked no older then twenty, and she was almost an exact mirror image of herself, but more like a slightly tweaked mirror. The voice's hair hung in long light coopery red down the back of her curvaceous body. Her face held a certain evil power to it; flawless fairer skin then even Theresa's complimented a slightly pert nose, and full luscious lips looked like ripe fruit. But her eyes. They looked like a fragment of hard ice, light blue and turquoise mingled together in a beautiful blend. But there was nothing but cold there. Her beautiful teal dress was cut perfectly, fitting the styles of ancient Greece. A slight gold trimming around the collar, real jewels adorning it. And though it seemed impossible to all who knew her, next to this woman Theresa looked almost plain. If they had not looked almost exactly alike.

"Who are you?" she stepped back in a rare state of panic; she hadn't felt this since she had first joined the group I saving the world.
"Are you my evil twin?" Each step that Theresa took made the small smirk that played on the corners of the woman's lips grow bigger.
"Don't be silly." She laughed, "You may call me Aredith." Her icy eyes glistened with a hidden emotion. Theresa forced herself to stop trembling, she clumsily struggled to find her power source, Aredith was right... she was weak. 'Jay.' Her thoughts made her fall further. Then a strange sense of recognition entered her when she saw Aredith again.
"Are you Thisbe?"

"You aren't very bright are you?" Aredith let a grimace rest on her terrifyingly beautiful face, "I just told you I am known as Aredith, and there have been many Thisbes over the ancient decades... But I did know one you could say... Don't you know of the proceeding tale of Thisbe and Pyramus?" Theresa's blank expression made Aredith grin, "You're making this to easy for me."
"What on earth are you talking about!" She felt the important of the words slip from her grasp.
"Jay doesn't love you, Theresa." Aredith quickly hid the hurt lacing the undertone of her phrase.
"Shut the hell up already!" Theresa brought herself up into a lethal position and punched forward with a magical rapid force. Her heart was being drained of energy again; it felt like it was getting hypothermia.
"Stop ignoring the truth!" Aredith snapped in annoyance, her eyes burst into an aqua blaze; Theresa felt anger dissolve into pure surprise. The magic that poured out of Aredith was the most powerful magic she had sensed in her life, matching the strengths of the Gods. She was a clairvoyant too.

"I said I would wait forever! I said I would wait for him forever! I promised myself!" Theresa screamed and pulled away from the magic's hold on her fist, ignoring the pain.
"But does forever last an eternity? What makes a forever anyway? ...And does it matter if he never loved you in the first place?" A touch of sadness left her as Theresa stepped back. And then she was falling, falling through the floor, back to her reality. Her eyes shot open in numb shock as she rose from her position and felt the branched dig into her bruised side. Theresa took a step and then raced down and blindly down out of the underbrush, Jay hadn't gone to look for her.

"But does forever last an eternity? What makes a forever anyway? ...And does it matter if he never loved you in the first place?"

"This is just some kind of fling for you... a game!"

'No Jay,' Theresa thought as she scrambled up onto the sidewalk pavement, 'It wasn't a game... it felt so real... But I'm tired of waiting.' And the lone girl trudged down the road home in silence. Her heart felt like a block ice.



(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Authors Note: Woot! I'm done! Wow! I really hope this was worth the wait... So Nuuoa has introduced her first twist, read through carefully to absorb it all. I'll update as soon as I can. Have a great 'whatever-day-it-is-that-you-read-this'. Bye. Archie get away from the kitch- BOOM! -Nuuoa Eclaire.
Sign up to rate and review this story