Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

Jay Gazing

by NuuoaEclaire 11 reviews

Jay is confronted by Hera and begins to question his already blurry feelings. And Theresa can't be any more confused... or anymore hurt.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-27 - Updated: 2006-11-27 - 2042 words

3Insightful
Authors Note: SNOW DAY! Yes, it is snowing! No school... ok I'm done. Sorry this took me so long; hopefully it will be worth the wait. So basically I've had people ask if this would all be random funny things in their life, and the answer is yes and no. The previous chapters are openers into their world, and I'd thought you would've seen that there's a plot from the last chapter. If you know me you'll know that I love my twists, so just be patient. Hopefully this will satisfy your needs. -Nuuoa Eclaire.

Disclaimer: See previous chapters.

Pairings: A lot more will be added later on... but it's not what you think. Jay/Theresa and Archie/Atlanta... slight Jay/Book (creepy)

Warnings: Evil Hera! I hate you! Kicks Hera Die! ... Ok I'm done. But you will share my feelings when you see her conniving ways. EVIL! Oh... and Jay is pretty bad ... hehe.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart

Chapter 4: Jay Gazing
(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Jay picked his way through his room and scratched his head in annoyance. His work lay scattered messily on the floor. The night moon cast shadows in the corner and hid the sailing photos on the back wall. He turned on the light in a huff.

He had been looking for that darn book all day, did the thing grow legs and walk off? Jay thought only Odie's experiments did that.
"Where could've it gotten to?" he inquired to himself. 'Think Jay.' his thoughts boiled as he kicked back his Golden Fleece rug, and continued to rummage through the piles of paper and books, 'Where did you put it?' Suddenly his dark chestnut orbs lit up.
"Theresa!"

Shoving open the oak door with ease he strode out the door and down the hall. He needed to retrieve the black book from her room before he ran out of time to read it, and return it to Nora King. Unfortunately his infatuation with the book made him fail to notice Hera storming out of Persephone's solarium. Her hair was pilled improperly on top of her head, the snowy silver clinging by the beads of sweat to her face.

Reining into a screeching halt in front of the Goddess, he jerked forwards at the stop of momentum.
"Hera?" he raised an eyebrow at her temper and frazzled appearance.
"Oh, Jay." She dusted herself off and nodded briefly to him, sparks of anger hidden beneath the layers of ice that made up her eyes.
"Where are you off to in such a hurry?"
"Theresa's bedroom."

Hera's eyes began to accumulate so fire again before she scrunched her forehead eye pierced into his confused ones.
"What?" Slowly it dawned on him what she was thinking and he turned beet red.
"N-No! It's not was you're thinking... I-" he stuttered and prayed that his friends weren't near by.
"I didn't make any assumptions." She gracefully strode towards her pupil, "I wouldn't judge you like that." As she placed a hand on his shoulder, he immediately felt a natural calm at hi mentor.
"Thank you." He smiled at her.

"Persephone informs me that you are going out with our young clairvoyant tonight." He immediately felt uncomfortable again.
"It's not a date or anything!" he burst frantically, he didn't know what to do anymore.
"I know Jay." She squeezed him encouragingly, and with surprising force at that.
"You're much to responsible for flings." For a spilt second his eyes clouded over with the shadow of uncertainty.
"Yeah," he mumbled darkly, "Just a fling."

Truth be told he didn't know what to feel or do. It was just a fling, right? His heart was pounding loudly in his ears, screaming at him. LOVE! LOVE! ... But Hera was like a second mother to him...
"Right... right." He tried to laugh and contain his trembling, her smile blinding his judgment.
"After all you're the leader, you don't have time for measly distractions that could cost us the world." She turned to him seriously, he stopped immediately... 'Cost me the world?'
"Of course." He scoffed his foot on the floor.
"And just between you and me, I need to tell you something..." she hesitated for a minute, capturing Jay's full attention.
"Theresa is... powerful. As a leader you should be weary of her... she could threaten to over throw you, and hurt those you care for. I was worried about this evening because I feared she would try to seduce you. You're better then that though." Her face slithered into a grin.

He stared, dumfounded at the remark. He knew she was strong... but overthrow him? Seduce him? Not Theresa. Hurt those I care for? 'But I care for her.' His thought pounded against his skull. He admired and looked up to Hera... but Theresa, he- he didn't know anymore. And as he thought even more... he never knew in the first place.

"Thank you Mrs. Hera." He tried to act lightly, but his voice cracked.
"Anytime Jy- Jay." She quickly changed her wording, "I won't delay you further. You're a good boy." She moved with the essence of the air and void around them.
"Right... a good boy...."

"Jay?" a curious whispered sounded behind him, causing him to jump out of his skin.
"Theresa?" he turned cautiously behind him. His breath caught in his throat, Hera's words blaring in his mind.

'Theresa is... powerful. As a leader you should be weary of her... she could threaten to over throw you, and hurt those you care for. I was worried about this evening because I feared she would try to seduce you.'

She looked far too innocent to seduce and cause that.

She looked beautiful, not that she hadn't before. Her sunny red locks flowed down the side of her face, catching the light of the light bulbs as she stepped out of her room. Her eyes looked almost wounded for a second, but she quickly covered it up with a blithe smile, her green eyes twinkling with fairy dust. The smile hung delicately at the corner of her mouth, rosy lips parting. A lose magenta top covered the top part of her body with natural wavy ruffles, a pair of dark jean capri's completed the ensemble.

"You didn't have to get dressed up. We're not going out." He grumbled. He could tell he was gapping. Another cloudy thought entered his mind.

'It's not a date or anything!'

"I know." She sighed, "I just needed this, had to... distract myself. Let's go." She grabbed his wrist, pulling him out towards the door.

Jay felt an unnatural heat rise in his face at her soft touch.

'You're much to responsible for flings.'

He bit the inside of his mouth in frustration; her hips swayed and tantalized his attention. 'Stop it Jay!' he screamed inside. 'Distraction, distraction...'

'After all you're the leader, you don't have time for measly distractions that could cost us the world.'

'Distraction, leader, saving the world... fling.'

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

The night was beautiful. It was nights like these that Theresa so enjoyed. The warm crisp air brought a tingly feeling along with it, and the moon was full, laughing, jolly and blinking down at them. The stars were beautiful as well, no doubt about it. As quoted the Lion King, "They're like fireflies caught in the great sticky blackness." It's a shame she was spending most of her time with her gaze somewhere else.

Jay sat a little farther away from her. He had spread his map of the stars underneath the flashlight they had brought. He studied the paper intently as she felt her stomach do uncertain turns. He had been ignoring her for a while now... something was going on.

He looked up at her momentarily, noticing that she was off in lala land she blushed and turned her attention to the sky. Ever since she had been in the solarium everything had been backwards. Hera's words pained her... but it was more that she felt close to that weird name... Thisbe?

'Who's Thisbe anyway.' She thought as she fiddled with a piece of dry grass. 'Was she some kind of sorceress?' she pondered as she bit her bottom lip. She felt her sight begin to trail over to their handsome leader.

All queasiness floated out of her as her mind wondered. She couldn't help but imagining to use her power words to stop time. Maybe she could scoot over next to him and watch over his shoulder.

Suddenly she jumped up at a small boom in the distance.
"Did you hear that?" she poked his side and wrinkled her nose and the burnt smell that traveled the long distance.
"No." he shook her off and continued to gaze at the balls of light.
"It sounded like it came from the brownstone." She peered over the hilltop they sat on and gazed after her lovely city.
"It's beautiful out at night." She sighed dreamily. 'Not as beautiful as you.' She imagined him saying to her... but he remained laying on the ground with telescope in hand.

"Jay?" she breathed deeply.
"Yeah?" he answered hastily, absently adjusting his small telescope and making jot notes.
"You've been acting weird all night... is something wrong? I mean you've been ignoring me and0"
"I never asked you to come with me!" Jay snapped at her, the unheard words had poisoned his thoughts. She felt her heart beating wilding and her eyes forming raging tears.
"Well sorry! I was just wondering what was wrong!" she picked herself up off the field and glared daggers down at him. Her eyes burned bright violet and glowed violently in the inky night. 'What's wrong with him?'
"What's wrong? You are!" he stood high above her, not feeling her anger falter and her heart crack open and bleed.
"What?" she felt her vision go blurry and her eyes well with water.
"You heard me! All you're trying to do is seduce me! You're just a distraction. This is just some kind of fling for you... a game" He fell down to the ground with a thud, crossing his legs.
"NO! And I-I do not!" she yelled at him, her heart felt cold. Ice cold. It's beating was failing her, the world was turning upside down.
"Yes! Just look at what you're wearing! You're some kind of slut!" he threw his notes up at her. She flinched and wanted to vomit, he was beating her was an emotion stick.
"Why are you-"
"And you're a danger to the team! Just look at you! You're eyes glow!"

In that minute time seemed to stop. Theresa looked at the furry in his eyes, she looked down and her own hands, trembling in pure vehement. 'I'm a monster.' She thought bitterly. She felt the blood rush away from her, leaving pain. Unheard of pain.

She let go of the power surge and let her hands fall limply to her sides. 'Did Jay really say all of that?'
"I'm sorry I was such a distraction. Good luck Jay, I hope you find everything you're looking for." She stated dryly and backed away from Jay as the steam left him.
"Theresa I-" he couldn't take it back.
"It's just a stupid fling, right?" she laughed. And then she ran. She ran with such pain and trauma that she didn't dare look ahead, she just kept racing. Her world left her, and all she felt was her heart pounding and daring to be released and used to destroy her past day. And she felt something surprising and terrifying. She felt her heart begin to be frosted, like a gel had over come her. And then the cold consumed her body and she felt everything fade to black, the numbness consumed her. And all she saw was his eyes, his loathing, confused dark chocolate eyes.

She didn't know what love was... but it certainly wasn't this.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Authors Note: I know what you're thinking. Die Hera? Or die Jay? Am I right? Well, I'm sorry I have to leave you with this cliffy... but you'll get used to it. At least there was a bit of funny... that boom was Archie's cooking. I'll update soon, you don't need to ask. -Nuuoa Eclaire
Sign up to rate and review this story