Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > something I needed to say

the gift

by keriberi 4 reviews

julius finally has the guts to tell delilah how he feels, but something goes wrong.... (this is my first story so sorry if it sucks)

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-13 - Updated: 2006-12-14 - 657 words

2Exciting


"Today is the day" Julius thought to himself. "Today is the day I can finally tell Delilah how I feel."

Julius was looking outside of his window, thinking about the evening he had planned for him and Delilah. He was both excited and nervous. He could finally tell Delilah - his love - how much he loved her. He hoped Delilah would say she loved him too. Him and Delilah had been spy partners for years but he never had the guts to tell her how he felt about her.

"I can do this" he thought. "its only 3 words, that's all, only 3 simple words" but the more he thought about it, the more nervous he got.

"I made the reservations, I bought the flowers, and I bought Delilah's gift...oh no! Delilah's gift!" Julius realized that he had forgotten to pick up the gift from the jewelry store. He had bought Delilah a golden necklace and was planning to give it to her that night.

"I was supposed to meet Delilah at 5:00" he thought. He pulled up his sleeve and looked at his watch. "Okay, its only 4:40. I might have enough time to get dressed, go pick up the gift and come back."

So Julius quickly got dressed, fixed his hair, grabbed his jacket, made a mad dash to his car and drove off in a hurry.

Julius was speeding down the highway swerving through cars. "Come on, come on, I have to get there in time," he yelled. Then all of a sudden the car in front of Julius slammed on the breaks. Julius quickly tried to stop but couldn't in time. His car was a total wreck and was sandwiched between 2 other cars.

The last thing Julius saw before he blacked out was the picture of Delilah he kept in his car and his blood all over the dashboard.


*
Julius slowly opened his eyes and he was at the hospital.

"Well Julius," started the doctor looking at x-rays, "it was a very small accident and we have given you a full check up. There seems to be nothing wrong with you, not even a little cut."

Julius was shocked. He examined his arms. There was no sign of anything wrong with him. Had he remembered the accident wrong?

" But doctor, I remember the accident, It was a big accident. I even remember bleeding."

"Oh Julius" laughed the doctor, "your jokes were always quite funny."

"But doctor, it wasn't a joke" Julius replied, but before he could finish, the doctor was gone.

Julius was confused. Was he dreaming?

All of a sudden a nurse walked into his room. "Julius" she said softly. "Your car is waiting for you downstairs and your wife is coming in to see you."

"My wife?" Julius asked

Then through the door a very beautiful and very pregnant Delilah walked in.

"Julius!" she cried as she ran into the room and hugged Julius as tight as she could. "I am so happy you are alright!"

Now Julius was truly confused. He wondered if he was on some kind candid camera show.

"De, your pregnant!" Julius exclaimed.

"Your acting as if you just found out! Julius are you okay?" asked Delilah.

At that moment Julius noticed the necklace Delilah was wearing. It was the same necklace he was going to pick up before the accident.

"Where did you get your necklace?" asked Julius

"Don't you remember Julius? You gave it to me on our second wedding anniversary!"

Julius' head started to spin. What was going on?

"That's it!" Julius yelled. "I want to know the truth Delilah! What's going on? How did we end up like this?"

"Like how?" asked Delilah

"Married to each other? The last I remember I was going to tell you I loved you! We weren't even dating yet!"

Delilah looked up at Julius. "Don't be silly Julius! We have been married for 3 years now, don't you remember?"



To be continued.........

Sign up to rate and review this story