Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Bloodshot

Earrings

by Dalie 0 reviews

Vincent is in class, Sephiroth is ill.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Aeris Gainsborough, Hojo, Sephiroth, Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-19 - Updated: 2006-12-19 - 1138 words

0OOC
Oki, I figured it was time for an update ... so here it is! And woo! I have broken up from college for Christmas!
I will mention again that I don't own it ... I think you know, but it's a while since I said.


Chapter 13 - earrings


Vincent sat, staring aimlessly outside. It was spring and the flowers had buds, the trees had leaves and most people had a smile on their face.


Vincent didn't. He was staring out the window, not focusing on anything. He was attempting not to cry. It would be awful to cry in class.


His biology teacher slammed his hands down onto Vincent's desk.
" Pay attention, Vincent! I am not going to go through this properly again and you will need it for your exam in the summer!"
Vincent made no reply. There was a lump in his throat that refused to budge.

" Vincent!"

" Yes ..." He whispered.

" Still awake? Good!" the man walked back to the interactive white board and carried on with his lesson.


Vincent began attempting to concentrate again, but it was useless. No matter how hard he tried, his mind kept wandering. All he could think about was what had happened the night before. It probably had some explanation as to why Sephiroth was not in class that morning.


' Sephiroth was really nice. He took me to the cinema, and we had a good time. But I don't understand what the matter was. Why did he suddenly run off? Did I upset him? I remember seeing Aerith ... maybe that was it! Maybe he just wants to be friends and he is going out with Aerith! Oh god, I want to see him and ask. But I don't want to hear the answer.'

Vincent put his head in his arms. He was on the verge of crying.

' I am so confused. What if I made a mistake in thinking he liked me. What if he was just doing it for a bet!!! Oh god, no. No. No. No. He wouldn't. No. No. He is too nice for that! Okay, right. Concentrate. Get this work done. Oh no. I'm crying. Right. Don't look up. No one needs to know.'

He sniffed and grabbed his pen, keeping his face turned away form everyone else. Vincent finally began to get his work done.

XXX


(Sephy's POV)

' God, my throat hurts. It hurts so much. I'm really hungry too. That sucks. Mom won't let me eat. But, she has gone out to work, I'm sure. After deciding I was ill, she will have got her stuff and gone. I know Dad left ages ago. He always does. But it means he gets back sooner.'


Sephiroth was lying in bed. His glands in the throat were swollen and his mother had decided he was too ill for college and phoned in to tell them.


She had demanded to know whom he had been out with last night, but he refused to tell her any more than 'someone from college' which did not impress her. But Sephiroth was aware that she did not like Vincent as it was so he wasn't going to make that worse!
' I hope Vincent isn't angry with me. I did run off last night. I was about to vomit, but I just buggered off without saying anything. I didn't even come back. Dad will have their house number somewhere. I will phone later - when college has finished.'

With that thought Sephiroth turned over and went to sleep.


XXX


Sephiroth was stood next to Vincent the next day, on the field in front of the college. Vincent was wearing a black shirt, a pair of black jeans and a deep red bandana. Sephiroth had a light blue tee shirt on; a pair of dark blue jeans and neither of them had any shoes on. Vincent had his back to Sephiroth.

" Vincent? Are you alright?"

Vincent turned slightly to him. His face was streaked with tears.
" How could you? Really? How could you do that to me?"

" What?" Sephiroth frowned. 'What is going on? Why is he crying? Is it because I left him the other day?'

Vincent turned the rest of the way. His face had blood streaming down the side of it. Half of it looked like he had been in a really bad fight, but the rest of his face was just wet with tears.

" I never realised you hated me so much. How could I be so stupid!?"

" What?! I don't hate you!"

A little child ran over to Vincent.

" Daddy? Can we go? I don't like it here."

Vincent looked at the boy and nodded his head. The child pulled a face at Sephiroth. As Vincent spun, the light caught the left earring he was wearing. The red of it was reflected into Sephiroth's eyes, causing him to shut them. When he opened them again, Vincent and the child had both gone.


It was now night and Sephiroth began to run out of the park. It was really weird. Something wasn't right. As he ran, someone grabbed his arm. It was a man who looked a mess. He had blood dripping off his face as though he had already been in a fight.

" Do you want some?"

" What?" Sephiroth was really confused. He wanted to go home.

" Don't play dumb, wise guy!"

Sephiroth frowned, but parried the blow to his head. When he spun around, he realised it was Ansem.

" Ansem! What are you doing? Why are you attacking me?"

" How could, Sephiroth? Really? How could you do that?"

" Do what?!" Yelped Sephiroth as he ducked away from another hit.

" Really! I thought better of you!"

Sephiroth turned and began running as fast as he could. He was nearly at the end of a park when he ran into Aerith.

" Ow! Aerith? I'm so sorry."

Aerith looked up at him. Then down again, she had a gapping hole in her chest. The blood stained her pink dress.

" First Vincent. Now me. How could you Sephiroth?"

She looked up, tears glistening in her eyes.

" What? Aerith, what's going on?"

" Words can hurt Sephiroth. I thought you knew that. Now look at what as happened."

As she lowered her head, he pink studs caught the light of a street lamp. Sephiroth shut his eyes again.

When he opened them, he was in bed. His Dad was bobbed down next to him.

" Oh, thank goodness! I was getting worried, you wouldn't wake up!"

' A dream? Hell, it was a nightmare.'

Hojo wrapped his arms around Sephiroth. Sephiroth returned the hug tightly. He could remember most of his dream. It had been terrifying. But still, Sephiroth was curious about one thing:
What did he do in it to upset everyone so much?


XXX

There we go! Another one done. Hope you enjoyed it! Please review!
Sign up to rate and review this story