Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Bloodshot

Memories - old and new

by Dalie 0 reviews

Vincent is packing to move into a new home. AS he does so, he remembers different things.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Lucrecia, Sephiroth, Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 1103 words

0TrainWreck
Oki, thanks for the reviews! Hope you all had a good Christmas and will have a great New Year! It took me a long time to figure out how to do this but it will work properly now! ^.^
Vincent is 22 and Sheena - from Tales of Symphonia and doesn't belong to me - is his fiancée, she's 23.

Enjoy!

Chapter 14 - Memories - old and new.


Vincent leaned over and grabbed a shirt out of his drawer. He refolded it and placed it a case. He was moving into a flat with Sheena.
He grabbed a pair of jeans and was about to fold them. However, he froze. A few strands of log black hair fell in his face as he stared. These weren't just any jeans. Vincent could remember getting them. He had been soaked through, which had been awful. But one thing had been nice: Sephiroth had given him some clothes. And he could still smell Sephiroth on them.

Sephiroth. Vincent still wasn't sure what he thought of him. He could still remember the day the last spoke. It was a few weeks after they had finished college and Vincent had been 18. Sephiroth had come to warn Vincent that his mother was asking a lot of suspicious questions about him. Vincent had run off again. Not because of Sephiroth this time. Someone had shot at him. Someone had shot at him and had continued to do so.
Vincent tried to recall how he felt as he sprinted away from bullets.

`Scared, probably. It is some what expected that I am frightened of have bullets piece the flesh of my body. Very scary thought. I don't want to die. I didn't know who wanted me dead either.'

He sighed as he remembered what happened.

XXX

"Vincent? Vincent! Where the hell are you going?"

Vincent began running. He could hear Sephiroth shouting behind him but didn't stop. Nothing could make him stop.

He ran down the road and around, past the shops. Down a small path towards a nearby lake. Terror flooded his veins when a bullet pieced the soft skin of his back. He stumbled and fell as he yelped. However, his legs were on auto. They wouldn't stop as he got back onto his feet and began running again.

Then, he saw something. Someone. Running along the bank. He began to chase them. He followed them till he reached the lake. Then, knee-deep in water he stopped. He swayed on his feet. He must have lost a good bit of blood; his jumper was a different shade of red. Or was that just the light. He couldn't tell. The water around was lapping against his lower thighs. Someone was moving it.

Sephiroth walked over to where Vincent stood wavering on his feet. His slid his arms around the younger teen's frame and held him. Vincent didn't react but after a few moments he put his weight on the other. He wasn't bothering to hold himself up.

Sleepily, Vincent rested his head on Sephiroth's shoulder. It seemed the person who had been after him had gone. Sephiroth shifted and looked down at him.

The cool late August breeze blew around them. Fish rippled the surface of the water. No voices could b heard. Sephiroth stared into Vincent's eyes. Slowly, leaned moved his head closer to Vincent's. Shifting so his forehead was resting against Vincent's.

They gazed at each other as they moved. Sephiroth's lips brushed over Vincent's. And Vincent passed out. His face was totally white.

XXX

Vincent sighed as he put the jeans into his case. He couldn't remember what happened after that. But he had woken up in hospital. Later on, he had found out it was Lucericia.

She had been jealous of Grimoire and shot dead Vincent's brother: Patrick. Vincent had been hidden when she did so and therefore he was not seen.
When she had seen Vincent with Sephiroth so many years later, she panicked. She had been upset enough about killing Patrick but she desperately did not want to be found out. She had sent people after him to kill him. She hounded Sephiroth with questions about him: where he lived, his hobbies, when he generally went out, to which Sephiroth gave very vague answers.

However, when she had gone to court, she admitted to killing Patrick and attempting to kill Vincent. She said she was willing to atone for her mistakes, that it would allow Grimoire and Vincent to rest their memory of him and she would be able to repent.

Vincent found, when speaking to her, that she wasn't anything like he imagined his brother's murderer to be. She was kind, loving and most of all, horrified at what she had done. She had apologised to them both over and over again. Vincent had found himself enjoying her company. She was kind and beautiful. She seemed like a mother and Vincent was rather jealous of Sephiroth for having her. He would have told him so, but Vincent hadn't seen Sephiroth since the day in the lake. Even now, so many years later, Vincent still hadn't seen him.

Vincent sighed and grabbed another shirt.

"Sweetheart? I'm going out now. I've finished packing your other stuff. Your father is coming over in an hour. I should be back by then. Alright?"

Vincent smiled. He didn't care about his feelings for Sephiroth right now. He had someone who made his heart race and who he loved completely. Someone he intended to marry in 3 weeks.

He was moving out of his small flat he shared with Yuan and into a flat with Sheena. Beatrix, Yuna and Rikku would be helping Sheena move her stuff. They were also going to be bridesmaids. Vincent couldn't wait. He could feel excitement swelling up inside him at the thought. But he was also very nervous. He would be married soon. It would be a day to remember.

` She won't even show me which dress she is getting for it. The first time I will see it is when she is walking towards me on her father's arm.'

He grinned and went back to packing. He was nearly done. Lady Riza had offered him a job too. A personal bodyguard, so he would be making good money as she loved to give him stuff and had already promised him a good amount of pay.

` I have enough to support a family. But I have to admit, I wish I could see Sephiroth again.'

XXX

There, done another one. I hope you enjoyed it. I think I have about 3 chapters left. And he will see Sephiroth again, eventually :P
Sign up to rate and review this story