Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Bloodshot

Sleep Eternal

by Dalie 1 review

Aerith is at the beach with her son and best friend. There she meets Vincent, who she recognises ( probably from Sephy's rambling). Later on, something happens while Vincent and Sheena are on their...

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Aeris Gainsborough, Tifa Lockhart, Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-01-04 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1193 words

0OOC
Oki, time for an update, I think! I decided to plan out what I would type on paper rather than just in my head. It makes things so much easier!
Thanks to those who reviewed, please reconsider next time those who didn't :P
Vincent is 25
Aerith is 22
Tifa is 21
The lullaby is one my mum used to sing to me when I couldn't sleep or had a nightmare. I don't know if anyone owns it, but I don't. It took me a while to remember it anyway!
Other ages can be worked out or will be told if necessary.


Chapter 15 - Sleep Eternal.


(Aerith's POV)


Aerith walked over the final sand dune and looked around. It was a glorious summer day. The sand was white, the sea was aqua and there was laughter all around. She tightened her grip on Sora's hand and set off behind Tifa.


Tifa stopped.


" Here, this is a nice spot in the sun and it's not too far from the water's edge for Sora."


She smiled gently and began to set out the blanket. Sora ran off to play near the water. The girls sat down and began to set things for lunch out.


" It's a lovely day. I am glad you decided to come with us!" Aerith smiled at her best friend, who grinned back.


" The bar can cope if I am not there. It's not expected to be busy today anyway!"


Tifa shifted to grab her bag from behind her and froze.
" Vincent? Is that you? Or am I just talking to a stranger?"
The young man on a blanket near them turned. He had long black hair, red eyes, pale skin and dark red studs in his ears.
" Hmm ... Tifa, I believe?"


" Yup, and Aerith. Over there is her little 2-year-old son, Sora. Who is trying to drink seawater again." She sat up properly and shouted over at a small brown haired boy. " Sora, quit drinking that. It'll upset your tummy."


The child looked up, his big blue eyes shining. He nodded his head and rubbed his stomach.


" This is my wife, Sheena. My son, Roy, is over there. He is 2 as well. Vidina, my nephew, is the one playing with him. He is 9. His dad, Wakka, is around somewhere."


" Your wife? How lovely!" Aerith smiled dreamily. " Elena and Reno, do you remember them? They were in your year in college. They got married last week. They want a child. Or at least, Elena definitely does."


" Have you seen many people from ages ago? I know Rufus is in some management job, Tseng is in the same job as me, a personal bodyguard. But he works for someone else. Reno I haven't seen in ages and Rude was considering joining the military last I saw him, 4 years ago."


" Hmm ... well, people you might know." Tifa had decided to join in. " Beatrix, I think Sephy said she was your friend, and Sephy himself, they are both in the military. Umm ... I can't think of anyone. Oh, Tidus and Shuijin, they both play football. But I think that was somewhat expected. They weren't very bright. Cloud ..." The girls faces turned slightly sour. " After getting Aerith pregnant, I think he panicked because he buggered off. Then, I moved in with Aerith, she can't raise a child alone. I run a bar and Aerith is saving up the money she earns as a flower seller to go to uni."


Vincent was about to reply when they heard something buzz. He pulled a phone out of his shorts pocket and hit a button.
" Dad? Oh, sure. Just a minute."


He stood up and walked off so he could talk a little more privately.


Sheena smiled at them. " I am going to have another child you know."


" Really?" Both Aerith and Tifa grinned happily.


" Yeah, I am deciding when to tell Vincent. Probably tonight, when we get in, but if not tomorrow. I have to tell him at some point though. I am 2 months in. I found out last week."


" Oh. Congratulations! I am so happy for you! That's lovely, isn't it Tifa?"


" Yeah, but shh. He's coming back."


Vincent plopped down next to them and looked over at the children. Wakka had joined Vidina and Roy, so had Sora. They were happily building sand castles.


Vincent stood up and went to join them.


Aerith smiled.


" Sheena? We will have to get your number so we can talk more. I think Sora likes playing with them as well!"


Sheena grinned and nodded.


XXX

(Sheena's POV)


Sirens were wailing. She could hear them distantly.


` Are they coming here? That would be nice.'


In the back of their car, she could hear Roy crying. Vincent was softly groaning in the passenger seat next to her.


Slowly, she opened her eyes. They had been in a crash. A lorry had been knocked and it had flying all over the place. She had looked up and seen the driver's panicked face as it swerved all over the road. It had come crashing down, of course. It landed on their car. Only on the front though. In the back, Roy was mostly unharmed.


She looked at Vincent. They was blood everywhere.


` Who's is it? I can't feel anything. Did I get hit?'


She looked down and would have paled if there had been enough blood in her body to do so. The door was no longer perfect as part of it was now through her middle. Some of the metal had gone through her side and there was blood from it everywhere. It had nearly cut her in half.


Looking around, she could see fire fighters starting to cut into the car. Vincent was unconscious but Roy was still crying. She leaned over and began to sing to him. Her voice was raspy but she still tried.


" Go to sleep, dear Roy." She gasped, but still kept singing. Her problems were unimportant when her son was in pain.
" Close your bonnie brown eyes. Angels are above you.
Twinkling in the cheery night sky."


She coughed. It was difficult to breath. However, Roy was scared. She needed to comfort him.


"The great big moon is shining, and stars begin to blink.
Go to sleep, little Roy. Go to sleep."


Roy was no longer crying. He was reaching out to his mother as best he could with his seatbelt on. She began to hum the melody and Roy's eyes began to shut. He wasn't scared. His mother was there to protect him.


She remained twisted around in her seat so she could keep holding his hand. Looking at her husband, she realized he was half awake.


" Vincent? I have metal right through my side. But don't worry, I can't feel it."


Vincent looked at her through bleary eyes. " I love you. How is Roy?"


" He isn't too bad." She smiled softly. " I love you too." ' I think it's too late to tell you about our baby now.'


She squirmed and began to sing it again. Roy was still awake, but resting.


XXX

Finished that chapter. I think I have 2 left now. Depends on how I decide to do it!
Sign up to rate and review this story