Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > No Scratch

Itchy

by cassandra 3 reviews

Julius eats... alone.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-19 - Updated: 2006-12-20 - 865 words

4Original
Julius rolled over in his bed and cuddle with his massive Batman blanket. It was morning he could tell because he felt the warm sun hitting his back. He always hated mornings. It would take Delilah over ten minutes to fully wake him up.

He opened one of is eyes and looked at his Mickey Mouse clock, it read 10:00 am. Usually Delilah would have woke him up at 8, or in other words, as soon as she woke up. Most of the time she would still be in her cute little froggy PJ's.

Julius kicked his blanket off of himself and onto the floor. He rolled over and sat on the edge of his bed. His little mind couldn't get over the fact that Delilah hadn't woke him up, 'Maybe something is really wrong.' He jumped off his bed and practically ran to his door. He opened it and stepped across the hall. He put his hand on Delilah's door knob, but before he turned it, he heard his name being called.

"Julius." He turned around to see Scarlett. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to see my friend."

Scarlett put her hand on Julius' shoulder and guided him away from Delilah's door. "Delilah needs to be alone right now. So, why don't you go get yourself some breakfast."

Scarlett walked into Delilah's room, leaving Julius by himself. Julius started to walk down the hallway towards the kitchen.


Delilah quickly put something under her pillow as Scarlett walked into the room. Scarlett didn't even notice. She walked over to Delilah's bed and knelt down, as she asked, "How are you feeling?"

Delilah wanted to say, how the hell you think! But in a clam way she said, "Itchy."

"Well I have something that may help that." Delilah looked at Scarlett, with her hopes rising, maybe she would be free from this itchy hell.

Scarlett held up a bottle full of pink stuff and screwed off the top of it. "This is calamine lotion. It will kind of make the itching go away." Delilah was so excited that she didn't even asked Scarlett what she meant by, kind of. She stuck out her arms and waited for Scarlett to put the lotion on her.

Scarlett put it over her red dots as she said, "But it comes off easy, so you have to be careful and try not to move around to much. Got it?"

"Got it."


Julius sat on the cold floor and opened the cupboard with all the cereal in it. He reached his hand out towards the chocolate kind, but then stopped. He looked at the Froot Loops and grabbed them instead. He stood up and put the box of cereal on the counter, beside his bowl and the jug of milk. Julius filled his bowl with cereal, he took off the lid, then stared at the milk. It was almost full and he knew he was going to spill it, if he tried to pour his own milk. He heisted for a moment then grabbed the jug. His arm shook as he poured the milk. He put the milk down and looked at the counter. Milk was splattered all around his bowl, but instead of cleaning it up, he moved to the other end of the table.

He sat down and stirred his cereal. Unlike Delilah, who ate her cereal as soon as someone poured it for her, Julius liked to wait awhile for it to soften up.

As he grabbed his spoon, he saw Scarlett walk by the door. Julius knew that she had just come from Delilah's room. Julius left his food and walked to Delilah's room.

Without knocking he opened her door and walked inside. She tried to put something under her pillow, but when she saw that it was only Julius, she took it out again. Julius walked over to Delilah and crawled onto her bed. She had his very favorite book. "Why do you have my book?" He wasn't mad, but he was curious.

"I wanted to read the rest of the story."

"Okay."

Delilah took off Julius' mittens so she could turn the pages of the book, but as she turned the page it cut her finger. She squealed with pain as she violently shook her finger. She hated paper cuts. Julius grabbed her finger and looked at the tiny cut. He showed it to Delilah, "Look, you can barely even see it." Julius was always the calm one.

"But it hurts."

Julius looked at the cut again. Then in a swift motion he kissed it. "Now does it feel better?"

Delilah lightly blushed as she said, "Yes." Suddenly her back itched. Scarlett hadn't put any lotion there because she knew that it would just come off anyway. Delilah waved her hands around, she knew that she couldn't scratch, she didn't have the mitts on.

"What's wrong?" Julius got worried.

"I'm itchy, but Scarlett said I couldn't scratch."

"She didn't say anything about me." Julius didn't wait for a reply. He started to scratch her back. "There?"

"Lower." He moved his hand lower. "Perfect."

"Julius Edmund Chevalier!" Julius froze as he heard Scarlett yell his full name.
Sign up to rate and review this story