Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > No Scratch

The Dark

by cassandra 4 reviews

Delilah sleeps through this whole chapter. (This summary was written by my little sister, Cimantha)

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-15 - Updated: 2006-12-16 - 505 words

3Original
Julius put his flashlight on the bed and looked over at Delilah's sleeping figure. Her eyes were closed and her chest slowly rose and slowly fell. Julius closed his book and threw it onto the floor. Then he thought about how he was going to get Delilah's head off of his shoulder, without waking her up. He just sat still and waited, then very carefully and slowly he placed her head on her fluffy pillow.

Julius was very proud of himself. He had managed to lay Delilah down, without waking her up. He was about to pull the covers over her when he noticed all of the red spots on her. He had seen them early while they were eating, but now there was more, much more, and they were bigger and redder. Also for the first time he noticed that she was wearing his very favorite mittens. He wasn't mad, but he was very curious. Why is she wearing my mittens? Why does she have red spots all over? And Is my best friend going to be all right? Those were just some of the questions that buzzed around in Julius' head.

Julius wanted so many answers, but he knew he wasn't going to get any, especially if they were bad. Over the years he learned not to ask questions. It was better to focus on what you knew rather then ponder what you don't and right now Julius knew that Delilah needed to rest.

Julius leaned closer to Delilah's sleeping figure and whispered, "Please, don't die." Then he did something that he had never done to anyone before. He kissed her cheek.


Julius sat up, grabbed his flashlight, and slid off of her bed. Once he was off of her bed he looked back at her to see if he had woken her up. He hadn't. He shone his flashlight on the ground and picked up his book. He pointed his flashlight at the ground in front of himself and walked out of Delilah's room slowly, making sure he didn't hit anything. He opened her door and slid out of her room, he left her door opened a tiny bit, incase she woke up. She was afraid of the dark or so that's what Julius thought.

Julius walked into his room, jumped onto his big cozy bed, and he thought about the night that Delilah told him she was afraid of the dark. It was nighttime and they were watching a movie by themselves. Then there was a blackout. Julius tried to be cool about it but he couldn't. He was afraid of the dark and he felt stupid for being so, but then Delilah told him that she to was afraid of the dark. Once she told him he felt a lot better about his fear. Little did he know, she had lied when she said that. She only said it to make him feel better and it worked.

One of Delilah's favorite saying was, What you don't know won't hurt you.
Sign up to rate and review this story