Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Could Be Taking You There With Me

Inside I'm Screaming, 'I Love You'

by moocow 13 reviews

At that moment I wanted to hold on for dear life. I didn't know if she was going to let go or reprimand me for in suiting the gesture.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-12-19 - Updated: 2006-12-20 - 2929 words

1Moving
I never thought I'd see the day that a girl would cry that hard. Her arms were bunched up in front of her as she cried into my chest, my mind running raged as I kept my arms around her and stared at the large door as David yelled at the 'gentlemen' named Derrick.

My mind racked the possibilities of I might have known this creep.

The door slammed and Evie jumped slightly, her shoulders tensing up even more than they already were. I breathed out slightly, looking down at her head to find her hands over her face. I slightly swayed her, finding that David had exited the house with Derrick.

"Ev," I started and found that she didn't want to calm down. "Come on, who was he?" I asked.

Her head tilted up slowly and I stared at her intently. She sniffed as my thumb ran under her eyes, wiping the smeared mascara and eyeliner away with the tears.

She nervously laughed.

"I'm a wreck over a boy," she whispered before noticing that I had nervously laughed as well. "Derrick. From high school," she whispered.

I nodded.

"Stalker Derrick," I whispered back to her.

Evie nodded and rubbed her hands up and down her arms.

"I can't believe he's back," she mumbled and let her eyes rise back up to mine. I kept my hands resting on her hips.

"Listen," I breathed and watched as her eyes turned curious.

"Yes?" she asked.

I bit my lip to stifle a hopeful smile.

"Let me take you out tonight," I whispered and held my breath as she took the seconds to answer.

Her hand trailed up to her hair where she tucked a strand behind her ear and smiled shyly.

"I think..." she paused to flash a small smile, the one I knew to be one of the genuine- only a few teeth from her top row visible resting on her bottom lip, lightly biting it.

My heart sped up as she nodded once.

"Yes?" I asked.

Evie smiled wider and playfully slapped her hand to my chest.

"Stop," she whined before tearing away and giggling as she walked towards the stairs.

She turned to see me, her leg up on the first step. I stared back at her for an answer, my hands wedged into my pockets.

"So?" I asked.

Evie bit her lip again.

"I'll be ready in 30 minutes," I smiled and watched her go before finding myself in my guest bedroom next to hers staring at the clothes I had brought here.

Sighing, I picked up my white button up collared shirt and took a sideways glance at my black jeans that hung on the dresser. A smile crept to my lips before I changed quickly and slightly folded up the sleeves and loosened the top button on the shirt, throwing a loosened tie around my neck.

I heard light music coming from Evie's room and you can damn me for my curiosity, but I had to. I snuck over and found myself kneeling down in front of her door, my hands pressed against the door frame.

I brought my eye to the key hole and held my breath as she stood in front of the mirror, examining her tummy as she clutched a dark blue dress. I focused on how she pulled it on, tying the ribbon that wrapped around to the back. A throat was cleared.

"Pete?" I jumped away from the door and fell onto the floor on my back and elbows, staring up David as his eyebrow rose. "What in god's name are you doing?" The door opened at the same time and Evie copied her dad's stance.

"Uh," she started and I could feel the heat rushing to my face. David smirked before turning towards the stairs.

"Pete here was watching you dress through the key hole," his voice carried away and I saw Evie's eyes slightly widen before she held both hands to her cheeks as they reddened like mine. She stared at me in bewilderment and I offered a bashful smile.

"You look so good in blue, Ev," A shy smile appeared on her face and she shrugged.

"I always thought red was more my color."

I held my arm out to hers, entwining them together as I led her down the stairs. It was like if I was escorting her to a grand ball and I was the lucky guy taking her to it. I liked that feeling.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and were heading towards the door when David came and stood in front of it, arms crossed, and eyebrows raised up. He eyed me up down, then turned his attention to Evie and grinned.

"You look so beautiful," he complimented, and then turned back to me. "No funny business now, Pete."

I nodded like an obedient dog. "Yes David."

"I want her back by one AM at the latest."

"Will do David."

My palms started to get sweaty and my loose tie felt tight. Evie let out a small giggle, not helping with the situation.

"I know every cop in this town Peter. So don't you try and take her back to Chicago."

"Yes sir,"

I mentally slapped myself and hoped he didn't catch that. A smile came across his face and let out a loud laugh that echoed in the foyer.

"I'm just pullin' your leg Pete, I trust you," his face became serious again, "let's keep it that way."

I let out a nervous laugh. I felt like a teenager taking a girl out to homecoming and getting the 'pep' talk before we did everything we weren't supposed to do. Evie's hand found my back and slightly rubbed it, calming my nerves.

Mr. Wenz was a very intimidating guy. He was one of those people that you knew what they were capable of, but never saw them do it, but never wanted to see them do it. He shook his head and opened the door for us.

"Have fun you two." Evie stood on her tip toes and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

"Don't worry dad. Bye."

We stepped out and I let out a long, relieving sigh. Evie laughed again, hooking our arms together.

"I thought I was going to piss my pants," I blurted. The cool air from outside felt good against my hot face.

"He was just messing around Pete," she assured. I nodded. "I think he was..."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks, that's real comforting. Now I can't go forward with my plan on kidnapping you back to Chi-town"

"You'd be on top of the nation's list most wanted if you tried to pull that."

"Exactly, so I guess I'm just going to have to stick to the boring ole wine and dine plan." One of her eyebrows rose questionably.

"So what exactly are you planning on Peter Wentz?"

"You'll see Miss Wenz."

Truth was, I had no idea what I had planned.

I continued to lead her down to her driveway and I remember spotting a movie theater walking distance from her house when I was drunk. When we arrived, it happened to be one of those places that showed old movies in black and white.

Evie's eyes lit up as I purchased two tickets to see 'The Blob." Ten points to me for making her feel good for a night that was outside of the bed department.

"I love these movies!" she exclaimed, somewhat pulling me into the theater our movie was being shown. "They're always so cheesy."

I just nodded in agreement.

It seemed that I had lost my voice at the door. I wasn't used to this. Making her happy like this. It was usually her yelling at me, crying, or moaning. But this was different.

As if things were like when we first met.

We took our seats in the middle of the theater. Not surprisingly, we were the only ones attending the movie, but we still whispered to each other with our comments on the movie, and laughed at how overly-exaggerated the people were in hushed voices.

I watched how she smiled at the screen, and occasionally looked over at me, which would cause me to look away. It was like a game of cat and mouse, and I was clearly losing, but it was okay. I was selfish and all I wanted was to see Evie, and continue burning her face into my memory.

At one point in the movie, yawned and rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and brought her closer to me. Her arms wrapped around my middle and her flesh of her face pressed against my neck.

"You tired?" I mumbled, looking down at her.

"Just a little," she looked up at me with big puppy eyes and pouty lips.

I had to fight all urges to kiss those lips I had wished for, for months.

She refocused on the screen and I cursed myself inwardly, but I didn't want to ruin this. We sat for a few more minutes as the blob on the screen continued to eat anything in its path, until Evie yawned again.

"You wanna ditch this movie?" I asked. She sat up as if she had been waiting for me to say that since we first got here.

"Let's get some ice cream," she rubbed her stomach. "Momma's hungry."

"So is Papa," I joked.

She raised her eyebrows at me for a second, but laughed. I assisted her out, and she led me towards a lake that was illuminated with lights and a boardwalk that was alive with neon lights.

An ice cream stand stood conveniently in the middle of the boardwalk, and she seemed to skip happily towards it.

"One chocolate ice cream in a cone please, oh and can you put chunks of butterfingers in it too?" she ordered.

The tanned Mexican man nodded and punched some numbers into the register. He looked up at me.

"Uh, just vanilla?" He nodded and punched in some more numbers.

"Tree dollas and fifty cents," he said in a thick Spanish accent. Evie started to dig into her matching blue purse.

"What are you doing?" I asked, pulling out my own wallet.

"Paying?" She pulled out a five, but I pushed her hand back in her pocket.

"I got it," I said, handing him my own five. "Keep the change." She laughed and playfully pushed me.

"Oh Mr. Big Spender. A whole three dollars and fifty cents," she flicked her wrist and tossed her head back, "what would I do with out you?"

"Be three dollars and fifty cents less,"

I said smartly and took the ice cream from the man, licking the top off both of them, and handing Evie hers. Her mouth gaped open and stared down at her ice cream.

"It's tainted now!" she exclaimed and held it out in front of her as if it were contagious.

"Pft, it's blessed." I reached out to take it from her, but she slapped my hand away.

"I never said I didn't want it though!" She stuck her tongue out at me and then bit out a chunk of Butterfinger. "Mmm," she teased, "Better than plain vanilla."

"You know what Ev, I'm just going to let you win tonight," I reached and grabbed her hand, and she laced our fingers together. The beat of my heart sped up. "But only just this once."

Her laugh became lower as we walked back down the boardwalk and towards the darker edge that looked over the water. I watched out of the corner of my eye as her eyes twinkled under the star lit sky as she gazed at them.

"Summer is the only time you can see the stars," she whispered and bit her lip before looking down at our intertwined hands.

At that moment I wanted to hold on for dear life. I didn't know if she was going to let go or reprimand me for in suiting the gesture. Evie sighed and turned towards the garbage can to throw her cone away. I followed suit and stared at her again.

"You ready to go home?" I asked.

Evie shrugged and smiled brightly, a little flustered as the lights from the boardwalk shown through her eyes.

"Yea," she agreed and tightened her grip on our hands, letting me lead the way.

About half way we called a cab, finding that we were too tired to keep walking about town. And low and behold, Evie fell asleep on the way back, the lamp posts running over her face every time we passed one.

I placed a gentle hand on her stomach and rubbed it lightly, begging for baby Wenz, or Wentz, whichever one Evie liked more, to kick.

I kissed her temple and sighed, looking out the window as the scenery passed. As everything slowed down and I found us outside her house, I paid the cabbie and lightly shook her awake. She groaned into my shoulder, hiding her face even more.

"Daddy, I don't want to go to school today, its picture day," I lightly laughed before shuffling out, dragging her body with me.

"Come on Ev," I muttered and picked up her head as the taxi drove off. She yawned deeply and stretched her arms over her head before widening her eyes as she observed her house.

"Home?" she asked.

I nodded and took her hand again, taking the initiative to intertwine our hands before her. And just like before I felt like a teenager bringing his date home.

Except we were grown up and it happened to be my pregnant ex-girlfriend.

Though she never considered us a couple.

I stared down at her as she turned towards me, finding that if we were going to talk it'd be best to do it outside where David couldn't hear.

"Thank you," she whispered, her eyes lowered from the porch lights and looked down at her stomach. "We really needed that."

"Mmhmm."

I wasn't really registering what she was saying as I seemed to fall into her pools of dark brown eyes, getting lost.

But not the bad kind.

The kind where you never want to find a way out. I placed my hands on her stomach and its warmth embraced my hands. She placed her hands over mine and rubbed her fingers against the back of my hand.

A million thoughts ran through my head.

Kiss her. Kiss her.

I brought one of my hands up to her face and cupped her cheek lightly as I inched closer to make our lips meet.

Three, two, one...

Our lips were barely apart when she pulled away. I wanted to kick myself in frustration.

What could've possibly gone wrong here?

Did my breath smell bad?

Did she get pregnancy cramps?

Did God just hate me?

"I still have a boyfriend Pete."

And the words that seemed to always come on cue.

That always found ways to crush all my hopes and ego.

I nodded.

This was getting old, but with a new boy.

She gasped slightly, and placed her hands over her stomach, causing me to go into panic mode.

"Are you okay?"

Evie let out a small laugh. "Yeah, the baby just kicked."

I replaced my hands over her stomach and rubbed it softly.

Maybe this kid didn't completely hate me yet.

----------

I just remember staring up at the smooth ceiling, my heart heavy from being shot down. I had to go ahead and assume she was ready to come back into my wide open arms.

A sigh escaped my lips and I closed my eyes for a moment until the side of the bed lightly indented.

They fluttered back open and I turned my head to see Evie's silhouette sitting close to my torso, her body turned so she could look down at me.

"Is everything alright?" I whispered into the darkness.

Her chest moved out into a sigh before I heard her slight whimper.

"I'm too old to go to my dad when I have a nightmare," I lightly smirked before moving my arms so that I could reach her waist.

"Come on," I ushered her to lye on me and she moved her arms to box me, keeping up her upper body slightly.

My arms stayed wrapped around her waist lightly, hands spread out on her lower back.

"You confuse me," she whispered.

I bit my lip before looking away.

"I don't mean to," I muttered back. Evie sighed and I turned my head back and closed my eyes. "Go to sleep Ev,"

I semi ordered, wanting to dismiss this conversation as soon as possible. I waited for her head to lower to my chest but it didn't happen.

Instead I got the shock of my life as her lips came to mine and pecked my bottom lip, her own slightly parted so that I could feel the slight moist feeling of her tongue.

I felt the shiver go up my spine as I stared flabbergasted at her closed eyes. She pulled away with a deep intake of breath, probably shocked with her own actions.

With her eyes still closed she retreated her head back to my chest and turned her body so to not disrupt the baby. I felt a smile come to my lips and my eyes close before I tightened my arms around her and for once, felt like I was home.

And Evie was right there with me.
Sign up to rate and review this story