Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Entwined

3

by schism-ism 0 reviews

A try at fleshing out Nagi, a little.... (possibly) eventual NagixOmi

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Nagi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-08-07 - Updated: 2005-08-07 - 363 words

0Unrated
Following Crawford was like crossing the Bridge of Sighs. Nagi got the overwhelming feeling that a door was closing behind him. It was slamming shut behind him and would soon be bolted shut. Barricaded.

"Where are we going?" Nagi mumbled. He wasn't used to talking out loud much, but wanted distraction badly. He wouldn't get it, though. Crawford ignored every question asked. All three of them.

He wanted to say something childish. He wanted to "I hate you" as loud as he could. It occurred to him as they reached their destination (an overly expensive and extravagant hotel) that he wasn't supposed to like his new guardian. Obey him, yes. Respect him, as much as anyone could. But like him? It was neither required nor needed.

Crawford was a walking lesson.

As they stepped inside and went to Crawford's room, Nagi did his best to make himself invisible. Eyes clung to him as he walked through the lobby. He was quite the sight: all skin and bones and rags for clothes. There were whispers and giggles and open stares.

Stop. Stop looking at me. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it

That was when the loss of control happened. Things, glasses and plates, started to break. The air tinkled with their shattering and the sound of women gasping theatrically.

Nagi was still walking, albeit a little slower, but was shaking now. Crawford kept his pace as if nothing happened. In fact, one might have guessed he was all but deaf and blind from the way he ignored the chaos. He didn't utter a word to Nagi until they were inside his room, the door closed: nowhere to escape.

Crawford hit him. It hurt, though it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. There was no yelling or screaming or other admonishment, just that display of physical abuse. Nagi's eyes watered but he didn't cry. He hiccoughed once before swallowing whatever it was that made him want to curl in on himself.

"You will wash and eat. When you're finished, we'll see if you can't do something about your total lack of control," Crawford said, his voice hard.

Nagi nodded once.

Lesson learned.
Sign up to rate and review this story