Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Mode > The Ways Love Grows

An Unfortunate Mistake

by Jexia 0 reviews

Izumi takes a different view of the night's events.

Category: Love Mode - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Takamiya, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-08-07 - Updated: 2005-08-08 - 1790 words

0Unrated
Takamiya felt sticky from the sex and wanted to clean up.

"Will you join me in the shower?" he asked Izumi. The youth made no response but only lay quietly with his eyes closed. Takamiya pulled the sheet up to cover him, and then went into the bathroom.

He turned the spray of the spigot on fine and soaped up, thinking of his day with Izumi as he did. He wished Izumi were with him now. It would have been nice to have another round of sex under the warm cascading water.

Those first few minutes after orgasm, he'd had that top-of-the-world feeling, but now in the shower, as the afterglow faded, some few details of the sex bothered him a little. Izumi's sharp reaction of pain at being entered, for one. Takamiya winced at the memory. He hated hurting people and hoped he hadn't.

Then again, he hadn't expected a Blue Boy host to act like an inexperienced virgin. It really had been a little awkward, but the next time should be better. He laughed softly to himself as he scrubbed his back, "I'm already thinking of next time. I like him. I like Izumi."

While he rinsed off, he wondered whether to tell Aoe about the awkwardness of the sex of his new host, but decided not to as he was concerned it might cause problems for Izumi. After all, he wanted to ask for him again.

While Takamiya toweled dry, he wondered if he should mention his discomfort to Izumi. Maybe it would even be helpful to give the young host some feedback about his performance. There had to be some subtle way to go about it, one that wouldn't hurt his feelings.

As he brushed his teeth, he weighed his words. He put his bathrobe on and walked into the bedroom. Izumi had turned over onto his stomach.

Takamiya sat down on the edge of the bed next to him, wondering how to broach the subject. Well, now, while he was paying for the services was probably best.

"I'll put the money here," he said and placed the stack of yen notes next to the pillow. "If it's okay, I'd like to ask for you again, Izumi, I really like you."

Takamiya hesitated for a moment before continuing.

"How shall I put this?" he said gently. "The sex was a little bit awkward. Under any other circumstances, I might have thought it was your first time."

He watched the young host for a reaction.

When Izumi's body stiffened and his hand clenched tight around the money, Takamiya feared he had upset him and hastened to apologize, "I'm sorry, Izumi. Was that too harsh?"

He really hadn't meant to insult the young man.

"Are you okay?"

"Don't screw around!" Izumi shouted.

He flung the yen notes at Takamiya who was startled by the response..

"Do you think I'm a whore or is this hush money?" Izumi's voice shook with emotion and his eyes held the glint of tears.

Takamiya was stunned.

"I've never had sex with a man before. I am not a homo!" Izumi declared, body trembling, face flushed with anger.

"What?" asked Takamiya in amazement.

"Not 'What?' That's no answer. I asked you what the money's for!" shouted Izumi.

Takamiya was too shocked to answer. This can't be happening.

"But you came to be introduced to me, didn't you?" Takamiya finally asked. "Your name is Izumi. You were holding a red rose..."

"Rose?" said Izumi. "What's that got to do with anything?"

"Well, you were standing there with the rose in your hand, weren't you?"

"Yeah, I was holding a rose, because the other guy dropped it. I just happened to pick it up."

"Other guy?" Takamiya said with a sick feeling growing in the pit of his stomach.

"The one the ambulance came for."

"Ambulance? But your name is Izumi," said Takamiya, "just like they told me."

"Sakashita Izumi!"

"Izumi's not your first name then?" Takamiya's voice tapered off as he thought, again, this can't be happening. "But don't you work for the Blue Boy Club?" was his final desperate question.

"Never heard of the place," snapped Izumi.

Takamiya sank down onto the bed feeling ill. He had a strong desire to deny that there was a problem at all, but the minute that Izumi had used the phrase "other guy" Takamiya's mind had automatically begun to catalog the moments during the day that had seemed a little off to him culminating in--oh, God--he couldn't bear to think of that just yet.

He reached for the phone, dialed the number of the club on Aoe's business card, explained the problem to the manager only to have him confirm what he already instinctively knew--this was not the Blue Boy Club's Izumi and if he wasn't...

Takamiya slowly hung up the phone, with the manager's apologies in his ear, as the truth of the matter came into stark focus.

His first thoughts were that it was all just an accident.

Then he found himself wondering why Izumi hadn't said anything, stopped him when he initiated sex, or even protested.

As Takamiya gradually put together the pieces of this puzzle, the signals he'd missed, the words he'd misinterpreted or tuned out, it dawned on him that Izumi had, in fact, protested.

That's when the heavy realization hit Takamiya full force.

He must think I raped him.

It was painfully silent in the room as Takamiya felt shame and wondered what he could possibly say to the boy he had inadvertently wronged, but he had to say something. This wasn't about him anymore. It was about that poor boy on the bed...Izumi. Somehow he found words, though they came out halting and disconnected.

"The money--it was--I mean, I thought you were a pro. I'd made a date...I thought..."

Finally all he could think to say was, "I am so sorry." He said them in all sincerity though he knew that words could never make up for what had happened to Izumi, but what else could he say? Words wouldn't change the facts, however much he might wish for it.

"I am so very sorry," repeated Takamiya. "I know it's not a good enough apology, but it's all I can do."

He sank his face into his hands feeling sick and depressed.

Izumi got off the bed but stumbled as he did.

"I'm going home," he said in a very faint voice.

Takamiya raised his head and stood up.

The boy's face was pale, and he looked wobbly on his feet. Takamiya took hold of his arm to steady him.

"Wait a minute, Izumi," he said.

"Take me home," said the boy as he shrugged off the hand and lurched to one side. "My vision is..." was the last thing Izumi said before he tumbled to the floor unconscious.

"Izumi!" Takamiya cried.

He knelt beside the boy, and slapped his face gently to revive him. When Izumi's eyes opened a slit, Takamiya heaved a sigh of relief. Izumi's lids slid shut again. It was just as well, Takamiya thought. The boy had had a terrible shock.

He picked Izumi off the floor and placed him on the bed.

After Takamiya dressed, he dressed Izumi, putting on his socks, undershorts, and pants. While he was buttoning Izumi's shirt and putting on his jacket, the boy stirred a little.

"I'm going to take you home, Izumi. Can you walk to the car?"

Izumi grunted in the affirmative, and managed to make it down to the parking garage. Takamiya helped him buckle the seat belt.

"What's your address?"

Izumi mumbled a response. Takamiya punched the coordinates into the car's computer and was soon on his way.

He had no idea what Izumi's living situation was. Was he living alone? With friends? Parents? He could just imagine what a nightmare he'd have on his hands trying to explain the night's events to Izumi's parents. What could he possibly say?

As he drove, every time he glanced over at Izumi, he felt guilty and heartsick, and the thought that he would probably never see the boy again bothered him more than he could have imagined.

The address Izumi gave him turned out to be a two-story house in a nice neighborhood. He rang the doorbell and a brown-haired woman answered.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I'm sorry to bother you. My name is Takamiya. I brought Izumi home. He's in my car," he said as he gestured to the sedan parked in the driveway.

"Is there something the matter? What happened? Is my son all right?"

"He fainted. I don't think he needs a doctor. He was able to walk after he came to, and he gave me this address but maybe it would be better if I carried him in. He has been unsteady on his feet. I'm afraid he had a little too much to drink."

"Izumi was drinking? Oh, the trouble boys get into sometimes!" she said with a shake of the head. "Thanks for offering. Yes, please carry him in then."

Takamiya brought Izumi into the house, followed the woman to the bedroom and lay the sleeping boy on the bed.

"Takamiya-san, it's probably an imposition, but could you possibly help me get him dressed in his pajamas. This is one of his best outfits, and he'll wreck it if he sleeps in it."

"Of course."

While Izumi's mother was pulling the pajamas out of a chest of drawers, Takamiya glanced around the room and got a better feel for the things that interested the boy. There was manga on the floor, a video game console, posters on the wall, a computer on a desk and schoolbooks on the shelves. They didn't look like college texts. How young was Izumi anyway? He must only be in Middle School, Takamiya thought with some dismay.

As Takamiya and Izumi's mother undressed the boy, he began to worry that he might have left love bites. He didn't think he had, but still found himself relieved he saw no visible marks on Izumi's exposed skin.

It was also a relief that Izumi never came to full consciousness while they were getting him settled. Takamiya wasn't sure how he would have handled accusations under the circumstances.

"I should go now," said Takamiya to Izumi's mother. "It's late. I hope you don't mind my asking, but I'd like to drop by tomorrow. I'm worried about Izumi, and I'd like to know that he's all right."

"Of course," she said, "That would be fine...and thank you for looking out for my son."

"Don't thank me," said Takamiya as he took his leave. "It was the least I could do."
Sign up to rate and review this story