Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll Blame It On The Planes

chapter three: The little boy next door.

by SongbirdFlyAway 7 reviews

Drey meets her neighbor.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-28 - 1081 words

0Unrated
"Listen to this song..."

Mitch shuffled through his cd case in his car while I continued to stare out the window, occasionally wiping tears off my cheek and snot off the bottom of my nose. This is what I've been dreading for so long. This car ride, this plane trip, this next year with absolutely nobody.

"...I play this song everytime I go on a flight, I love this song."

The cd started.

I've got my things I'm good to go
You met me at the terminal
Just one more plane ride and it's done.


I sniffled and turned to my love. "I love this song." I admitted it, I loved it.

Mitch smiled. "You love this song? I didn't even know you knew this song."

He grabbed my hand and I rested my head up against the window and looked out. "Yes. You played it for me on our way to the airport, when we were going to the beach this summer." I turned towards him once again and continued to talk to him. My eyes were red, along with my cheeks and nose. "I actually stole it from you, put it on my computer, and put it back in your case without you noticing."

Mich's smile got wider and he started laughing. "I knew it, you like my music. You don't have to hide it."

I smiled in return "Okay, yes... I'll actually admit, I like some of it."

The rest of the ride was silent, but not a bad silence, the good kind. A comfortable silence that let us both know that it was going to be okay. We were the only relationship either of us have known. We were Mitch and Drey. Our friends were jealous of us... everyone wanted what we had. And we had it. We were always going to have it.

"You can't come passed security." I stood at the entrance to the walkway with the sign 'To Security' above it and knew this was it.
I dropped my carry on, not even caring that my laptop was in it, and hugged Mitch so tightly it was as if the world would crumble if we let go.

He kissed the top of my head hard and sniffed in. He was crying, I knew it. In 4 years, I've only ever seen Mitch cry once. When he cries, it's not exactly a cry -- it's more like a sniff and a turn your head away sort of cry. He was doing it again. He was going to miss me.

Mitch grabbed my head in his hands and pulled my face into his and kissed my mouth over and over. "I love you Audrey."

I sniffed hard, ergh how I hated crying, and kissed him back. "I love you too Mitch. I love you so much."

We broke apart and I picked up my bag. "I'll call you as soon as I land."

Mitch looked at her longingly "I'll be waiting."


****

"Grandma?! Grandma?!" I opened the door to my grandmothers home after the man in the suit, holding up the Audrey Peters sign in the airport, dropped me off. Her house was beautiful. Big and beautiful. This large home, just for me and grandma. This is going to get lonely.
Not that I don't love my grandma... she's just a lot older than most grandmothers that my friends had. She was already pushing 90 and had a hard time getting around. However, she was great to talk to and could hold a conversation like anybody I know. Maybe this won't be that awful. I just have to find her first.

"Grandma!!"


I heard rustling coming from the backyard, the back door was also opened. I walked back through the hallway towards the door. The windows in the house were huge, letting the beautiful sunny weather shine through.
There was my grandmother. Her cane, resting against the fence, as she peered through the lines of the boards into the backyard of the neighbor's house.

"Grandma! Hi!" I all of a sudden got excited to see her. We got along very well, even though we only mainly talked on the phone recently and it would be nice for her to have some company.

"Audrey!! Hi darling. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were here already." I walked to her and embraced her in a hug.

"Yes I'm here! Grandma - what are you doing?" Referring to why she was spying on the neighbors.

"Oh! I can't find Jasper. I think he managed his way under the fence again and into the neighbor's backyard. The poor boy next door, he's had to bring him home a few times this month already."

I giggled and joined her search through the cracks in the fence. "Who's jasper anyway?"

Grandma turned toward me and smiled "Oh hunnie, Jasper's the dog. He's a good dog, he really is. Just lately the fucker's been running over to the poor neighbor's house. He digs holes right under this damn fence here."

Oh my grandmother, a sweet woman with a mouth like a sailor.

She continued "A nice little boy lives next door. I think Jasper just wants to play with him because I'll be damned if his tag isn't wagging at a million miles per hour when he brings him back over here."

Oh great! The neighbors have kids. I love kids. Maybe I could babysit once and a while for something to do. See, this won't be as bad as I expected. If only Mitch were here.

Suddenly, we both turned to the noise of the doorbell echoing throughout the house. Grandma reached slowly for her cane.

"Oh grandma... I'll get it!"

I ran inside the house and towards the front door. I opened it to see not a boy, but a man standing there, holding a puppy under his right arm.

He looked at me shocked and finally spoke "Uh hi! I'm just bringing Jasper back."

This was no little boy to be babysat, this was someone probably a few years older than me. A friend, maybe? Through Jasper's fur, I could see tattoo after tattoo on his arm.

"Hey thanks." I took Jasper from him and set him down away from the door. "Hi, I'm Drey by the way."

He smiled and pushed his hair out of his face before taking my hand "It's nice to meet you, I'm Andy."


___________________________________

NOW the boys will be making an entrance. Just keep reading, I promise it's good.
REVIEW
Sign up to rate and review this story