Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll Blame It On The Planes

chapter four: Lost Dogs and Band Members

by SongbirdFlyAway 8 reviews

meet the rest of the band.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-29 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 1760 words

2Funny
Everyone, thank you so, so much for the reviews. I did not expect such positive feedback, especially since just now introducing the first Fall Out Boy[er]. Thanks darlings, keep them coming!! :)

This one's a little long, sorry...

______________________________________________________

"Oh hello Andrew!"

I heard my grandmother's voice coming from behind me and her cane gently hitting the ground in my direction.
Andrew peeked around the side of my head and smiled.

"Hi Ms. Richards. How are you?" He was polite and friendly. I just giggled to myself at this boy covered in tattoos, piercings, and - as my grandmother referred to 'hunks' such as Ashton Kutcher and other cliche babes that she had seen on tv - hippie hair. I pulled the door open even more with my hand as I shifted to the side, letting Andy squeeze in. My grandmother smiled and was happy to see him, I guess she doesn't get much visitors.

"Oh I'm just fine dear. Sorry about Jasper, there must be something at your house that he loves so much. Lately I can't keep him away."

Andy just continued to smile. I was impressed, normally I would expect a young man of his type to be completely uncomfortable and wanting nothing more than to get the hell out of there, fast. Crazy old lady. But no, he just stood there, polite and smiling.

Grandma continued talking "Andrew, do you want something to drink? I want you to meet my granddaughter Audrey, she's going to be living here now." She flashed me a smile. It was a little embarrassing, to tell the truth. It was almost as if I was in first grade and new in school and the teacher introduced me to some poor kid just walking to the water fountain and happened to be in her path. Poor kid, poor Andy, I'm sure he has better things to do than talk to an old lady with a granddaughter.

He just smiled and laughed "Um, you don't need to get me anything to drink, I'm fine." Ha! That sucker, I knew he wasn't as polite as he seemed, he just wanted to leave.

I smiled a goodbye smile although he didn't appear to be leaving. Wait, no... he didn't appear to be leaving at all. He was bending down... was he actually sitting down? Wow, well I guess knowing someone won't hurt. This could be exciting.

I sat down across from him and he started the conversation "So Audrey, you're actually going to be living here now?"

Cringe. Wasn't a fan of the younger generation calling me Audrey... this kid had a lot to learn. "Drey, actually. And yes, just arrived about 15 minutes ago actually. What about you, Andrew, do you live in that big house all by yourself?" I realized how dumb that sounded immediately after I said it. It wasn't my way of hitting on him and asking if he was living with his girlfriend, or insulting him by being too old to live with his parents... I guess I'm still clinging onto the little boy that I could babysit idea that was long gone. Stupid question. Although, it was a very large house for someone so young to live in all on their own.

He just politely laughed. Was this rugged, rough edge looking boy always this polite? "Andy, actually. And yes, it's just me there. My friends come and stay with me when they're in town though, which is a lot. So it doesn't get too lonesome. They're either here with me, or I'm there wth them."

Hmm... he probably had his rich parents die in some freak accident, leaving him a massive amount of money, which he decided to blow on a monsterous bachelor pad. Was that too harsh to assume?!

I decided I should just try to find out. Damn my nosiness. "Well where are you friends now?"

"Oh I'm afraid you - and Jasper - caught me on a rare, lonely day."

I liked Andy, he was cute. And when I mean cute - I don't mean crush cute. It wasn't like that. I've never, ever been attracted to another guy besides Mitch, ever. Not Andy, not anybody. It just wasn't in my system. I guess my hormones are very committed. Andy wasn't much of my type if we're talking about attraction here. As a friend, now that's a different story.

We chatted for a while. Guilt was slightly apparent in my mind for spending my very first day ever living with my grandma talking to her neighbor on the couch. Sorry Grandma, we'll catch up tonight. Right now, I could really use a friend.

I heard my cellphone ring from the kitchen, and then my grandmother's voice "What the hell is that noise?! Does anyone else hear that?!"

I giggled and ran to the kitchen "Grandma - it's just my cellphone."

"Well what kind of phone makes that noise?"

I picked up my phone, just in time to see the words '1 missed call' appear across the screen. Dammit - not quick enough.

Grandma was making her way to Andy in the living room, where they both were still in view.

"It was Mitch...dammit. I'll call him back in a little."

I plopped back down on the couch and threw my phone beside me.

"Ooh! Is Mitch your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, Grandma you met him at the funeral. Remember?"

"Oh that boy? You're still dating the boy with that damn speech impediment?"

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mortified on the inside, even though I laughed it off.

"Grandma... he doesn't have a speech impediment, I've told you that. He burned his tongue on hot cocoa at the house before we left and was just talking funny."

Embarrassing, yes I know. Hello, my boyfriend's a moron. I blushed a little as Andy snickered.

He stood up "I have to get going... the guys are coming over to talk business."

A drug dealer!! That explains it! Oh my god, how could I have not seen it before?! Duh Audrey. Oh well, drugs or no drugs - Andy was nice and he was polite to my grandmother. He definitely had friend potential.

"Oh Andrew, are you boys practicing tonight? If so, I'll leave the windows open. I love your music so much."

I sat there, trying to piece together exactly what they were talking about.

"Oh, are you in a band or something?" I'm guessing he refers to his little jam band as business. Oh, isn't it great to be rich and not have to actually to work for it?!

Andy giggled "Yeah, something like that. And no Ms. Richards, we're not planning on practicing today, but maybe if Pete brings the new shirt designs, I'll see if I can swipe one for you."

"Oh you're too sweet!"

What the fuck was going on?! This kid looked hardcore, there was no way he was in a soft jazz band, like I would have pegged my grandmother to be into. I'm in the twilight zone. In the midst of my thinking, Andy managed to say 'Goodbye' and 'It was nice to meet you' and maybe something else about 'seeing you around' but I couldn't be too sure, I just smiled... trying to hide my utter confusion.

*****

"Jasper!!"

Dammit! I open the front door for one second and the little fucker runs right out. So much for taking a nice, quiet night walk around the neighborhood. I wasn't tired and Grandma had fallen asleep in her chair. And now I'm left, chasing Jasper around an area where I was completely lost at.

Fuck... where did he go?

I looked up and down the street, it was dark and was going to be hard to notice a puppy running around.

Shit, shit shit! What should I do?

I started down the walkway and onto the sidewalk. "Jasper... Jasper!" I loudly whispered, hoping that the dog would actually appear at my feet with hearing the sound of his name being called. I didn't want to yell... 10:00pm in a neighborhood like this meant a bunch of sleeping old couples, snobby businessmen who had to get up early, and - wait - a young band discussing business. Yes... Andy.

I knocked on a few times and fidgetted with my fingers, embarrassed to be intruding. The door opened but it wasn't Andy doing the opening. Some pretty boy with black hair and red tips. He smiled "Hi,"

He had an aarogant smile to him. I was never impressed by those aarogant smiles. "Ugh, yeah... hi. Is there a Andy here, by any chance?"

He continued to smirk "Andy, huh? Yeah... come in, I'll get him."

I followed him inside the house and looked around. It was a nice house and not at all what I had expected for a boy such as Andy to be living all alone in. It wasn't a trashy bachelor pad, it was nice. Very nice.

"I'm Pete, by the way."

"Drey."

Pete smiled at me and twisted his neck towards the banister leading upstairs "Annnnnnnnndy!!"

Andy came down the stairs and I could tell by the look on his face, was shocked to see me standing there.

"Hey Drey, what's up?"

I suddenly remembered why I was there and was almost embarrassed to say it. "Uhmm... hi, I can't find Jasper."

Hippie hair started laughing. "Want help looking for him?"

I heard chatting coming from the other room and two more boys made their way into same room as Pete, Andy, and myself. I felt my face getting hot... this is uncomfortable. I hate being around people I don't know. This whole living away from home thing was going to be much harder than I thought, especially without my bubble of friends. And Mitch, my Mitch.

"Uhm, you know what - it's okay. Ugh, I can just do it." I sounded like a babbling fool, I wasn't good with this stuff. I turned to look at the other two boys for the first time, all of a sudden regretting that decision. They were shifting from side to side and smiling just as awkwardly as I was. I'm such a dumbass... keep it together. They're just people, be confident.

I'm sure Andy (as well as everyone else in the room) could tell plain and simple how awkward I felt.

"No Drey, it's cool... we can all help. You don't know the neighborhood well anyway."

I manged to smile and relax a bit. "Okay. I mean, I don't want to interrupt anything."

"No no it's okay. Let me introduce you to the band..."
Sign up to rate and review this story