Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Dance To This Beat && Hold A Lover Close

love me or leave me or ripp me appart

by xxlaurenxx 6 reviews

Friends With Benifetts: It's all fun and games until someone falls in love

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 1870 words

0Unrated
yeahh i updated...again. arent i great. = ]
well yeahh, comments are still more then welcome and i will remind all of you to do so at the end of the story also so yeah, you better do it :D

ily


I sat on the toilette with my feet hovering inches from the floor to avoid the random, foul smelling liquid that flooded the area around it. My face must have been permanently attached to the paper that was drying my tears and wiping off the seeping eyeliner. Then suddenly I herd loud, anxious footsteps enter the bathroom and the gasps of the women, then saw a pair of men's feet approach my stall.

A loud knocking began to ring in my ears, "Haylee come out of there and give me a chance to explain," he whispered, I imagine, being very embarrassed. "That wasn't what it looked like..."

I signed loudly and rolled my eyes, "Don't talk to me Adam..."

He aggressively punched the stall, causing the door to shake slightly, the gasps of the women filled the bathroom as the loud sound of the door rang in my ears. "Goddamn it Haylee just listen to me!" he said sternly. "She's nothing compared to you; you're everything to me."

I laughed quietly to myself, "That's why you cheated, right?" There was a moment of silence. I think both of us were afraid of saying anything. I swallowed hard as lump in my throat as it slowly made its way into my stomach. "After Ryan you were supposed to be different; you promised me that you were different." Another moment of silence passed as I breathed heavily. "Adam, please just leave."

"Haylee please..." he whispered seemingly short on words. "You're everything to me..."

"Don't say that Adam", I said softly as I stood up and leaned against the door; choking back the tears. "Don't say that when you don't mean it."

Suddenly another pair of men's shoes approached the stall. "Adam give her some time alone", he said. It was Brendon.

"Bren, please", Adam said. I peeked through the crack on the door at the boys, Brendon laid a forceful hand on his shoulder. Adam pushed it off immediately offended. I glanced back at the ladies behind them; all they needed was a bowl of popcorn to make the whole sequence complete with their wide eyes and interested expressions.

"You need to give her time, Adam", Brendon suggested soft and understandingly. "Wait until she isn't so worked up."

He loudly sighed in anger as he began walking towards the door, "Screw all of you! I'm going back to my apartment. If she doesn't want to accept my apology then I don't her you staying there!" He rounded the corner and exited the bathroom.

People laugh because it's the only way they can keep from crying. That's exactly how I felt. I smiled to myself, trying my best to hold back the tears, as I parted my lips to speak, "Nice way to say happy new years, huh?"

I opened the door and looked up into Brendon's sorrowful eyes. I walked forward and dove into his arms, enveloped into a hug. He gently picked me up and carried me to the counter where he set my down softly. "He doesn't deserve you, Haylee", he said.

At that moment I let all my emotions seep through to my mouth as I began to spill my heart out. "Every time I find a guy that I think is okay I end up heart broken", I cried.

"Haylee...I..."

I cut him off, "Tell me Brendon, what am I doing wrong? Maybe I can fix it and make myself more appealing...."

"Haylee you're asking the wrong guy", he immediately crashed his lips against mine. I didn't pull away or have any regrets in doing so either. It was comforting in a way, knowing that he truly cared.

I leaned out; my eyes still closed, and parted my lips to speak. "We probably should go...you know, just so everyone knows that we're okay." He nodded slightly as he moved away so I could slide off from the counter.

We were a few feet from the door when I stopped Brendon. "You know that this can't happen, not now."

He clenched his eyebrows together as if puzzled as to why, "how come?"

"Because, you're on the rebound.... Relationships on the rebound never work out", I said softly as I stared at me shoes. "I just think that we should stay friends for a while." I took a pause as I looked back up at him, "that's what I really need now, a friend to help me through this."

he smiled understandingly and nodded, "We can do that." I smiled back as we approached the door. He put his hand on the handle and then looked back at me, "there's still hope for me though, right?"

I laughed, "sure..." I said as I breezed past him and opened the door myself.

We walked back out to the booth where we saw the rest of Panic, Max and Vicky sitting there with worried expressions. I slid into the booth where I sat contently between Jon and Brendon. Jon slid his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in close to him comfortingly. "You okay kid?"

I forced a very unconvincing smile and nodded, "Yeah...I'm fine."

"Haylee...he is such a jackass for doing that...I mean...." Vicky began but I cut her off.

I cut her off, "Yeah, I know Vicky, but really, I don't want to talk about it." I stopped for a moment to look at the entire table. Everyone was staring at me with sad, depressing eyes. It was far too much to handle. "I'm sorry..." I stood up and began putting my jacket on. "I really should go..."

I began walking towards the door of the club when I felt a gently hand grab hold of my arm, "Haylee wait...where are you going to go?"

I leaned against the wall and rubbed my forehead, "I really don't know, Brendon. I was planning on getting a room at a hotel until I make plans with someone...maybe Ali, I don't know..."This whole thing must have hit me harder then I thought; for it was almost painful to think about life without Adam.

Brendon took my hand; I looked up, "Haylee...please come and stay with me tonight. I can't stand to see you like this."

I shook my head, "Brendon I really can't; I don't want to impose. I'd feel too guilty."

"No you wont, because I'm insisting", he said as he squeezed my hand comfortingly. "I'm gonna go tell everyone I'm taking you back to our place, don't take off on me..." he joked.

I smiled and nodded as he turned his heels and walked back to the table. I slid down to floor and cupped my face in my hands. Not more then moment later I herd an all too familiar voice standing before me.

"Now this is really the last place I would have thought to see you..." I moved my hands away and looked up to see Ryan crouched down looking at me, "Alone, sitting on the floor of bar on New Years."

"What the fuck do want?" I sneered, starting to feel those drinks rise up my throat.

"Nothing, just saying hi to an old friend..."

"Old friend would be an overstatement", I said as I stumbled up to my feet. I looked and saw that he was unaccompanied tonight, short of his usual arm candy. "Where's /Meizahn/?

"I cut her loose a few weeks ago", he replied bluntly.

"What did you rape her too?" I said, probably louder then I should have, seeing as I caused a few heads to turn.

Ryan moved his face not even an inch from mine, "What did I tell you about watching that tongue of yours, Haylee...?" I rolled my eyes and waited the few moments for him to continue. "She actually was threatening to tell Chelsea about her and me."

I laughed slightly, "Where is Chelsea anyways...I haven't seen her in months."

"Probably at home arched over the toilette; she's pregnant you know."

"Lovely" I said sarcastically. I looked over towards the booth and saw Brendon beginning to storm over. As he approached me he snaked his arm around my waist, I suppose trying to make Ryan jealous. My eyes shot up at him almost wondering if he had listening to anything we talked about in the bathroom.

He glanced down as his arm, lightly resting on my hip and smiled, "So...you're with Brendon now? You do get around Haylee, don't you?"

I parted my lips to correct him but was cut off my Brendon, "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I'm just looking for a party, can you blame me, if you haven't noticed it is in fact New Years," he said as he smiled down at me. "I was just saying hi to Haylee here."

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, well I doubt she even wants to talk to you so you can just leave now..."

He laughed slightly, "Well, she was just talking to me, so that must not be the case." He took a look at the dance floor. "But I must be going, I see so many innocent girls out there just waiting to be taken advantage of." He walked away.

Brendon shook his head, "I'm so glad we kicked him out, that guy makes me sick." I nodded and smiled slightly, seeing as I was exhausted. Brendon must have noticed as he grabbed my hand and looked at me, "Ready to go?" I nodded tiredly as we walked out.

-------------

I must have dozed off while we were driving because next thing I knew it was four in the morning and I was lying next to a sleeping Brendon. I sat forward and let my feet dangle over the edge of the bed as I rubbed my throbbing head.

"You okay?" a tiered voice asked.

I turned to see Brendon, his eyes barley opened; I must have woken him up by moving. I smiled as I lay back down, sliding under his arm. "Yeah, just a headache." He nodded tiredly as he shut his eyes. "You know I never really thanked you for what you did in the bathroom tonight, you know making him leave."

His eyes immediately opened after those words escaped my lips. "Haylee, I couldn't bare to see that happen to you. And what he did.... It was something that you didn't deserve."

"Thanks", I smiled as I nestled in a little closer to him, "It's nice hear someone say that; to know that I'm not just easy to give up."

"Of course you aren't."

"It sure seems like it sometimes."

"Haylee, any guy who can give you up so easily as Adam or Ryan did would have to be mentally insane." He said almost too seriously.

I laughed lightly, "Thanks Brendon", I smiled.

He leaned in and kissed me lightly on the forehead, "Happy New Years kid."


COMMENT THE STORY
COMMENT THE STORY
COMMENT THE STORY
COMMENT THE STORY
Sign up to rate and review this story