Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Potestatem obscuri lateris nescis

Meet the Parents

by adolf3 10 reviews

An unknown heritage can cause so much change. It can make nations fall and mountains tremble. Harry Potter has an unknowm heritage and it is going to change more than just our world...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Bellatrix, Cho, Fleur, Harry, Lupin, Padma, Parvati, Sirius, Tonks - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 1502 words

4Cliche
A/N: I would like to say thank you to all who have put this story on their alerts, favorites, etc. I am also putting out a general call to all who would like to help me on this story. I am not very good at character dialogue and frankly, I need a co-author, otherwise you will get good descriptions of things but very shitty dialogue. If you are interested than please say so in a review and I will get in touch with you as soon as I possibly can.

===============================================================

The wave of power swept over the earth, touching and reacting to each thing in its path. Every human being and magical creature could feel that there had been a massive shift in the balance of power, and that all of their lives would be affected in some way. The wave had varying effects on different people: on a man who was barely half-human it caused intense pain. On several women around the British Isles, it caused intense pleasure, so intense in fact that they had an orgasm in less than ten. Moreover, within the girls' minds, a voice penetrated into their dreams almost forcing them back to sleep, all the while whispering, "Soon, my loves, soon we will be united and crush those who have oppressed us and our souls." To an old man sitting a castle far to the north, the wave caused intense dread that one child would soon be the undoing of all of his hard work.

The wave of power circled the globe twice before a tear in the space-time-dimensional continuum opened, and after that, the power held the wormhole open until its purpose was completed. Through this rupture in the very fabric of universe stepped two men, one tall and dark with intense red eyes, and the other was tall, lithe, and fair-skinned and fair-haired. These men were on a mission, to find their son, and to seek vengeance against those that had caused them such pain. These men were elves, and to steal a child from an elf is to invite all the wrath of the Valar upon your being, for the elves had paid a high price for their near-immortality; they could only have children once a century. The only thing that was more heinous to an elf than stealing a child was the absolute sin of abusing such a precious gift. They had felt their son cry out to their beings several times throughout his life, but they were unable to alleviate his pain. Now they would never let any force in either the heavens or the earth separate them from their precious child.

When Harry first opened his eyes, he saw two men with whom he felt an unexplainable connection, and he felt almost completely at ease.

The first words out of his mouth were, "Who are you?" Then he followed that up with an even more intelligent question. Namely, "What are you?"

The blonde-haired person one spoke first, but all that came out was a whole lot of gibberish.

For a moment, Harry sat there with a stupid look on his face as he tried to place if he had ever heard that language before. Then he tried to place it as any language on the planet Earth. Needless to say, he failed dismally in both endeavors and was at even more of a loss as to how he would communicate with the two pointy-eared thingamabobs in his room. He surmised that since these beings cannot speak English then more than likely they would not be able to read English. Moreover, he very much doubted that any crude attempts at sign language would fare any better than asking them a question, and would serve no purpose, other than to make him look like an idiot. He had had quite enough of Hermione Granger, or as Harry secretly called her the PT Barnum runaway, thinking that of him anyway. Although technically she no longer fit that description since fourth year, the name stuck in his mind.

He had seen in many cheesy movies that he had snuck peeks at when he was younger where one of the main characters pointed to himself and said "Me, blah blah." He figured that he could at least try that method, and thankfully, there was no one but the two characters around to remind him that he had to resort to something so clichéd. Feeling supremely stupid and hoping that he did not look as big a fool as he felt, he pointed to himself and clearly said "Me, Harry."

Unfortunately for Harry, stupid is a universal language, so the two beings broke down into hysterical laughter anyway. The blush Harry sported could have made one mistake him for a ripe tomato, or somebody doused in bright red paint. After the two elves got over their amusement, they imitated Harry and introduced themselves... well somewhat anyway. He got the gist of what they were trying to say and after about a minute, he knew both their names. The blonde haired one called Legolas was sort of creeping him out, he just stared at Harry, and it seemed like he never even blinked. The Dark haired elf's name seemed familiar, but Harry just could not place where he might have heard such a name as Sauron before. He knew that he had heard it somewhere before, but as to where and when, he drew absolute blanks.

He tried to talk to the elves in French, German, Italian, Chinese and Arabic, but all the different languages that Harry had learnt in secret met with the same results. Harry remembered vaguely reading about a translation spell that had been designed for exactly this type of situation, and he quickly set to work finding the exact spell. He had 'liberated' a book from the schools resident book Nazi, no not that one, the one otherwise known as Madam Pince, in the hopes that he might do something productive this summer. Regrettably, after only a week, his Uncle Vernon had decided that Harry needed to learn his place, so there was no time for reading.

He found the spell, and quickly cast it at the two elves, and as he did, both of the elves looked like they had seen a ghost. The first words that they said and Harry half-understood were, "You are an Istari!" At that Harry was completely perplexed as to what in the hell an Istari was or did.

"Um, do you think you could say that again, please?" Harry tentatively asked the two tall elves, with a hint of fear in his voice.

"What we meant mellon nin, is that you are one who can use magic," Sauron told him in a calm soothing voice like rich leather.

"We are surprised because never before has an Elf been gifted the power to manipulate the very life energy of the earth," Legolas told him quickly, in his smooth tenor voice.

"Well, there are some problems with that statement right there. For one thing, I am not an Elf, I am 100% human, at least as far as I know. For another thing, magic isn't the life energy of the earth, magic just is," Harry told the two elves standing before him in a tone of finality.

The two elves looked at each other sadly, for this would be harder than they originally thought it would be. They had felt something clutched on their child's mind as they were talking to him. However, when Harry had begun to speak the magic radiated malevolence beyond anything the pair had ever felt in both of their near immortal lives. This thing seemed to be controlling the child's actions and his words, and they knew that if left in their child would eventually disappear and the only thing left would be an empty shell.

They made a quick decision to take their son back to their world and help him regain himself from the controls that were clouding his mind. When he was ready, they would bring him back to this world to avenge him, and they could sense that most of his mates were in this world. That was just another reason to come back to this world, and another reason to take possession of the entirety it.

They quickly grabbed Harry, knocked him out and went back through the wormhole that had brought them into this world. As soon as they were through the wormhole snapped shut, the bedroom door flew open and in came Albus Dumbledore and eight members of the Order. Dumbledore cursed that they were too late, and now the 'Darkest of Dark Lords' had kidnapped Harry. He would not see Harry again until the beginning of the school year, and by then Harry's eyes would have been opened to the truth of his life. And then, the fires of both Heaven and hell would rain upon him as they had no one else before.
Sign up to rate and review this story