Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Take This To Your Grave,I'll Take It To Mine

When Your Heart Stops Beating

by -LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU- 2 reviews

3 updates in 3 days i'm on a roll!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-01 - Updated: 2007-01-01 - 1279 words

2Exciting
Brooke's POV



My walk home is a long one... but today I didn't mind as it gives my mind time to process all the events of the day. I had always wanted to make my living through music, when all the other kids were dreaming of being vets or firemen I wanted to be a singer , though at that age I didn't know the difference between good music and bad music! For example I thought the Spice Girls were the best band in the world.*


I got in and as usual I heard my mom and Kane having one of their daily fights upstairs.

"What the fuck?! Would you stop being such a bitch!. I'll get a fucking job when I feel like it!" Kane screamed at the top of his lungs. No doubt if they kept this up the neighbours would have the police at our door.

Urgh, he treats her like shit. It's like this everyday. They scream and I walk out, not that they notice. And today was no different I really should get changed but fuck it. I'll be ok performing in this. I grabbed the keys to my beat up ford and headed to the garage. I hated driving this piece of shit but a car is a car.

I was an hour drive away from the club so I turned on my stereo ( it totally didn't go with the car, the guys got it for me for my birthday, it was actually pretty cool) taking my eyes off the road I reached for the glove compartment for my cd's. I heard a car beep. Shit I thought as I swerved to correct myself. Finally settling on a cd a put it in and turned it. Good old Morrissey. I know, it's so cool to like Morrissey and The Smiths right now, but these are the bands I grew up listening to, before my dad died of cancer, when I was ten we always used to listen to he Smiths together. Their music helps me remember those times but it also helps me forget about other certain things to. I will always love them as they represent a quirky, nerdy, psychotic part of me that I don't know if anybody else will ever get.

"And I just want to oooohhhhhh,
I want to see this boy happy,
With his arms around his first love.
Is that so much to ask

I sang along deepening my voice for my really bad Morrissey impression. I wonder if Good To Go will ever do a Smiths cover? If we ever do I hope I never have to dress like Morrissey, or dance like him for that matter. The only part of his style I've ever liked is his quaff. Though having said that I couldn't maintain that thing for a day!

The rest of the car ride went smoothly and I arrived at RCB just in time. I walked up to the bouncer, I showed him my pass that said I was the performing band etc.. and I went backstage to our usual dressing room. Scott and Cole were talking about something I didn't quite catch what and Ruth was tuning her bass.

"You ok. You left after that phone call. Did anything happen?" she asked sounding concerned.

I shook my head.
"No, same old. They were arguing so I left."

She nodded at me sympathetically and went back to tuning her bass.
I warmed up my voice running over my vocals and tuned my guitar to Scott's. Cole sat in the corner beating his drumsticks off his legs with his ipod turning up full blast in his ears.

The door opened and the bouncer that had been at the door informed us that we were on in ten. Taking a few deep breaths I followed the guys out to the wings beside the stage and we waited for the song that was playing in the sound system to stop and for the bouncer to announce us.

"Introducing Wilmette's very own Good To Go"

We walked onstage and we were greeted by a loud applause. We were regulars here so the crowd knew us which was a good thing since the faces were familiar. But there were four faces in the front of the stage I hadn't seen here before. Fall Out Boy.



Pete's POV

Brooke walked onstage and once again my heart did back flips. She looked into the audience and smiles before her gaze settled on me, Patrick, Joe and Andy. Her smile faltered before imitating my "grillz" smile which I didn't know to take as an insult or compliment. None the less I smiled back. She pulled the microphone close to her mouth and introduced herself.

"You most of you guys know who we are but for those of you who don't we're Good To Go."

She stopped as the club cheered. So I wasn't the only one who thought they were good.

"This first song is called "When Your Heart Stops Beating" and I want every single person in this club on the floor singing it back at me cause I know you know it!"

Again more cheering followed by Scott leading into the song while Ruth and Cole kept the rhythm then Brooke came in:

Turn it up, I never wanna go home
I only wanna be part of your breakdown
He got caught by the four on the floor
I picked him up and he'll never get let down
And now I can't stop thinkin' about it
All you people at the top, don't know nothin' about it
We don't give a fuck what the price is
So just leave us to our own devices and we'll leave you alone

I'll be there when your heart stops beating
I'll be there when your last breath's taken away
In the dark, When there's no-one listening
In the times when we both get carried away

When we both get carried away

He says it all without a thought in his head
He says it all as he's pressed up against me
A little something just to take off the edge
A little more and I'll fall off the planet entirely


Patrick shouted over the music "These guys are brilliant if you don't sign them I'll find someone who will"

"Ok,ok I get it! I presume this will be a Patrick Stump project am I correct?!" I shouted back.

"Fuck yeah! I want in these guys could be huge!" I couldn't help but notice he couldn't take his eyes off Ruth.

I smiled and looked back at the stage. Brooke was singing her heart out without breaking a sweat then Ruth stepped up to the second mike set up in front of her and sung harmony.





When we both get carried away

I'll be there when your heart stops beating
I'll be there when your last breath's taken away
In the dark, When there's no-one listening
In the times when we both get carried away
When we both get carried away
When we both get carried away
(I'll be there when your heart stops beating)
When we both get carried away
(In the dark, When there's no-one listening)
When we both get carried away



Brooke held out on the last note of her guitar and the crowd went mad. Everyone was pushing to try and get closer to the stage like a mosh pit. Think what these kids could do as Fall Out Boys opening act on our next arena tour.


*: GOOOOOOOOOOOO Ginger Spice hehehee
a/n: the song is "When Your Heart Stops Beating" by +44... it rocks you should check it out.
Sign up to rate and review this story