Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Falling Hard

Dinner

by Crimsonsorrow 0 reviews

Mikey and Myka meet up at a cafe or soemthing and switch phones and Myka asks Mikey to dinner

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-01-01 - Updated: 2007-01-01 - 1418 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3


After work Myka had just enough time to change out of her clothes and into something that wasn't so work like and then maybe re-do her make-up. She was meeting Mikey at The Fine Line Music Café, a place she has been to millions of times, she's a regular there. Brings in a lot of business to them, well maybe by forcing her friends to go there with her.

She put on her favorite boots, over that a white flowy skirt that she loved to death and a black fishnet shirt and over that a white and black corset looking spaghetti top.

She put dark red eye shadow on and drew a vine going down from the corner of eye to almost her jaw bone, thick eye liner and her other eye only had the eye shadow and eye liner no odd design like the other one.

When Myka got to the café the girl Ekka, immediately brought up her drink. Myka laughed amusedly and paid for the drink, she looked over the café and saw Mikey sitting nervously at one of the booths, wondering who was the real Myka.

She stood awkwardly in front of him and introduced herself, "Hi I'm Myka."

He nodded and motioned for her to sit down, "Sit please."

She did so and watched as he took another big drink of his coffee, she scrunched her nose at it. Mikey noticed that and asked her about it, "What?"

"I just don't like coffee, I think its gross. Personally I think it may have been because of a traumatic childhood experience." she said jokingly.

He gave her a look, "Really what kind, did the evil coffee addicted monster come and attack you at night?" he asked.

She shrugged, "Maybe, its too traumatic to remember." she said smiling.

He laughed at that, "Maybe its just like my incident with the tickle monster." he said, she nodded in agreement.

"Maybe."

They then got serious and were now wondering what to do, Myka dug through her purse and handed Mikey his phone back, he then gave her, her phone back. She smiled, obviously happy that she has her phone back in her possession.

There was an awkward silence and Mikey decided to be bold for once and start a conversation with her. "So you work where again?" he asked her.

She looked up at him, "I work at Crimson Decay record Label. I get to sort through the good demos and the bad and call the band to let them know that we want to meet them. I do a whole lot of other things but I don't think you want all of the boring details." she told him.

"That's fine. You also mentioned something about a clothing store online." he said to her hoping he heard her right that time.

She nodded, "Yeah, I have a lot of Gothic clothing and Punk on it, my cousin and his band gets a lot of their things from me at a band discount of course. I check into it to make sure they are a real band before I give them discounts or else they have to pay full price." she said to him smiling and finishing off her drink.

Myka decided to ask Mikey out to dinner, she normally would never have done that but she decided to make an exception. "Mikey uhh I was wondering if you would want to go get something to eat. I mean I don't know if you ate already or anything but if you have its fine but I know a good place that-" she was cut off by Mikey.

"Sure, do you want to go now?" he asked her.

"Sure."

The two of them walked out of the café, and since Mikey took a cab to the café Myka and him went in the same car. Once they were seated inside the Raven and ordered their food they began to talk again.

"So have you lived in Minneapolis your whole life?" He asked her.

She shook her head, "No I moved up here three years ago for a job offering at the label. I used to live about two in a half hours away in a small Minnesotan hick town called Plainview. Not much to do there, so I moved to Rochester where I was going to college for a few major's." she said to him.

He was curious as to what she majored in, "What were your Major's?"

"I have Music Industry, Journalism, Creative Writing, Photography and Art History." she told him.

"So a lot of them in the artistic area." he asked her and she nodded.

"Ever since I was little I loved to draw, paint and write. Right now I'm trying to get some of my writing published but its not going so well." she said to him.

He gave her a small smile, "You'll get it eventually." he told her.

She nodded and then gave him a look, "What about you, you always lived in NJ?" she asked him.

He nodded, "My whole life, me and Gerard used to do the oddest of things when we were little, even played jokes on our parents which drove them up the wall sometimes. I lived with Frank for some time once I graduated from high school and moved out, those were some fun times." he said to her.

Myka smiled remembering her college years, "I remember me and my best friend who I lived with throughout college. We made Friday's dress up day. We would dress up in the oddest of things, like a total goth person, a super star anything we wanted. We really didn't care what people thought of us and our friends just looked at us oddly wondering what the hell was wrong with us. It was awesome though, we dressed oddly and made people stare, we went out of society norms." she said laughing at what she and her friend did back then.

"Sound like college was fun for you." he said to her.

"It was, we had a blast. I think we scared quite a few of the cheerleaders and popular people though." she said smirking at that thought.

"What do your parents think of you in the music business, know most parents usually don't approve of that." Mike said to her.

Myka shrugged, "I don't know I haven't seen my mom since I was eighteen and my dad died when I was fifteen." she said sadly.

Mikey got quiet, not meaning to bring up a band subject. "I'm sorry I shouldn't of asked." he said quickly.

Myka waved it off, "Oh no its fine, my dad was an alcoholic. My family and I knew he was going to die even years before he actually died, its what his father died of. Since my dad didn't stop he killed himself by drinking himself to death." she said to him.

Myka noticed the awkward quietness, "Anyways, how long are you guys going to be home for?" she asked him.

"I think for a about two months since our CD is being released in a few weeks." he said to her happy about the change of subject.

They began talking about their childhood, family and things like that and got to know each other over dinner. Mikey found out that she knew how to swing dance, he wouldn't of pictured her for the type and that she also used to be in a band when she was in high school and her last years of college but quit once she was offered the job at the record label.

Once they were done with dinner Myka dropped Mikey off at the hotel he is staying at. "If you want to do something before you leave just call me okay." she told him before he got out of the car.

He nodded at her, "Have a good night." he said, shutting the door and waving at her.

She waved back and drove to her house, she got home and sighed happily. She had the courage to asked someone out on a date, someone that she has only known for a while. Probably not even a day yet. She hoped that her and Mikey will be able to stay friends even when he goes back to New Jersey. He seemed to be really nice and to be her type of guy to hang around with and or date, though she highly doubt he'd want the last part.
Sign up to rate and review this story