Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Am Patrick Stump's Twin

Chapter Seven

by bandgeekfreak 1 review

It's finally coming together.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-03 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 793 words - Complete

1Original
Zebidiah bounced back from his teenage heartbreak fairly quickly and started seeing another boy in his grade named Mike.

The topic turned to him while Patrick and Malerie were spending a rare evening at home, alone.

"What do you think of Zeb's new boyfriend?" Malerie asked, looking up from the music review she was writing for the school paper.

"Huh?" Patrick asked, barely looking up from his laptop.

Malerie rolled her eyes, went over to her twin, pulled off his big ass headphone, and dripped her head between his face and the computer screen. "I said, 'what do you think of Zeb's new boyfriend?'"

Patrick looked a little pissed as he grabbed his headphones back. "I think it's a little soon, but, whatever. Not like he listens to me anyway."

"I think it's funny that his name's 'Mike.'"

"How's that..."

"Do you know how many Mikes I know?"

Patrick smirked and went back to his laptop.

Malerie started counting on her fingers, "Uncle Mike, Billie's Mike, the foreign exchange student from Oklahoma, neighbor, plumber..."

Patrick shook his head.

"What the hell are you doing anyway?" Malerie asked, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"Ah, come on Patrick. Just tell me. You know I'm just going to find out on my own later. Right?"

Patrick broke down, not wanting a repeat of last time. Malerie broke into his laptop and posted a stupid video Pete had made by pushing Patrick into a running shower with his clothes on on Youtube. Patrick rolled his eyes. "I'm trying out a couple melodies for one of Pete's new songs."

"Maybe I can help."

Patrick laughed. "Don't take this the wrong way, Mal, but we don't quite see eye to eye music wise. Remember?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You like it a little more traditional and that's cool, but that's not what Pete wants."

Malerie raised an eyebrow. "What about you?"

"And me," Patrick defended himself.

"Let me listen anyway."

"Fine," Patrick groaned and unplugged his headphones so his sister could hear.

Malerie started giggling.

"I knew I shouldn't have let you listen to this," Patrick admitted, turning it off.

"Patrick..." she said, trying to compose herself. "Why's the drumming off so much?"

Patrick was surprised that she picked up on that. "It's hard to sing and drum at the same time..."

"Why were you trying to sing and drum at the same time?"

"I don't know!" Patrick said, wiping his hand over his face. "We really need a drummer."

Malerie bit her lip in thought.

"Hey, is Billie's old drummer looking for another job?"

Malerie shook her head. "I don't think so."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the front door.

The twins looked at each other. They weren't expecting anyone.

"Who is it?" Malerie called, running up the stairs, her overweight brother huffing after her.

"Yo! Sthump Sthiblingsth!" came the muffled answer.

Malerie unlocked the door and opened it to find Patrick's Jewish numbskull of a friend.

Joe pushed his way through the door and grabbed Patrick by the shoulders. "Pathrick! Dude! Our drummer troublesth are over!" he exclaimed, his lisp getting worse as he got more excited.

"You care to introduce us to this guy?" Malerie asked, pulling a guy wearing a local hard-core scene t-shirt, shorts and a pair of Birkies into the house.

Joe clamed down enough to control his lisp, "Patrick, this is Andy Hurley."

"Oh!" Malerie blurted, pointing at Andy. "Now I know you! Man, I didn't recognize you with your shirt and glasses on."

"Dude! Chick! Shut up! Us men have to talk business!" Joe explained, loudly, to her.

"Men, huh?" Malerie replied, trying hard not to laugh. She turned to Andy. "It was nice to meet you, Andrew." She turned to her brother and Joe before she left, "I'll be in my room."

Patrick shut his eyes and shook his head, "Did you say Andy was a drummer?"

Joe's face lit up again. "Yep," he put his arms around Andy's shoulders. "He's been filling in for a couple bands lately, but he really wants to have a steady gig again. As soon as I mentioned Pete, he was a shoo in."

"Can he play?"

"Would I steer you wrong, Dude? Of course he can play!"

"I've had six years of experience," Andy said, slipping into a job interview mode, "Me and Pete have been friends for a while. I've played with him a couple times.

Joe grinned hopefully at Patrick.

"We need a drummer. We don't have any other choice," Patrick said, he reluctantly nodded. "Sure. Andy's in."

"Yesth! Awesthome!" Joe cheered.

"Joe, lisp."

"Sthorry," he coughed. "Sorry... Hey Andy, are you familiar with Halo?" he raised an eyebrow.

Patrick rolled his eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story