Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Bones

4. Going for a coffee

by Cucumber 3 reviews

Finally I said something right. His eyes lit up and the biggest smile appeared on his face.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-04 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1244 words

0Unrated
Title: Bones
Author: Heidi
Chapter: 4, going for a coffee
Rating: PG-13

I manage to sleep almost 12 hours. If my phone hadn't rung I would have. Without opening my eyes I reach for it and press it to my ear.

"Hello."

"Hi, Amanda?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"Brendon, we met at the party last night."

Wait. Party. Brendon.

Oh, the kissing dude.

"Oh, hi."

"Did I just wake you up?"

"No."

"Good. Can I take you out for a coffee?"

I sat up and growled.

"I did wake you up! Feeling hung over?"

"Yes, a headache from hell just kicked in. You were talking about coffee?"

Crap, I was still wearing the clothes since yesterday.

"Yeah, I'll come and pick you up. Where do you live?"

I told him my address and he said he'd be here in 20 minutes. Which gave me 20 minutes to do things I usually take an hour to do. Crap.

"You don't have to hurry. I still look awful."

He just laughed on the other line. I suppose he doesn't know how hard it is to be a girl. It's pain!

"Alright, how does an hour sound?"

"I'll see you in an hour."


45 minutes later I had showered, brushed my teeth, dressed and put on make-up. We're talking about record time here. I sat down on my bed. Great, I had 15 minutes to kill. 15 minutes can take an awful long time to pass.

I decided to walk downstairs by taking one step forward and two steps back.

I reached the front door in 5 minutes flat. 10 minutes to go. I sat down by the kitchen table and started to drum fingers in it. Why was I so nervous? I hardly knew the guy. He was just some random dude that had asked for my phone number.

And kissed me.

Get a grip girl! 24 hours ago you were giving up on guys. This is just gonna be a friendly cup of coffee. No groping, no kissing, no hugging, not touching.

The doorbell rang and I nearly jumped. Damn that doorbell. I stood up and walked slowly towards the door. I didn't want to make him believe I had been waiting.

He was smiling when I opened the door. He was wearing very tight jeans, a simple t-shirt and a jacket. I could've jumped on him right there and then and dragged him into my bedroom.

But that's not what proper ladies do or girls that have given up on guys. Not like that has ever stopped me before. I returned his smile.

"Ready to go?"

I nodded and followed him to the car. I nearly burst out laughing when I saw it.

A Toyota Yaris.

"Are rock stars making less money today?"

"Why, you don't like the ride?"

Had I mentioned it was pink?

"It's cool, if it belonged to a girl."

He smirked.

"It's not mine. It was the only thing that they had left at the car rental station."

No wonder, that thing is hideous.

"There's a small coffee just down the street. We can walk."

He looked a little offended but then he smiled.

"I think that would be a great idea. I'm don't like the car that much either."

"But you could you move it so it won't be standing in front of my house?"

He just laughed. I guess it was obvious I was joking. Besides, the car could be mistaken for something that belonged to that über pink friend of my sister.

We walked down the street in silence, a rather awkward silence.

"Why did you ask me out for a coffee?"

He looked at me and shrugged.

"Seemed like a good idea at the time. Plus, you seem very interesting."

I smiled at that one. Me, interesting? I'm as interesting as a can of green peas.

"And the fact that you didn't seem to know who we are is refreshing."

Why should I know who they are? God, alcohol makes me forget things way too easily.

Oh, right. That panic, disco band thingie.

"My friend's a fan, but since I stay away from her bedroom, I've no idea what anything she listens to looks like."

"Away from her bedroom?"

"Yes, it's wallpapered with posters of bands she likes. It was cool when we both loved Backstreet Boys; but she's 20 for god's sake."


We sat down in a booth by the window after ordering our drinks. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"So, why are you giving up on guys?"

"Because I'm fed of relationships that don't last longer then two months. I'm fed of guys treating me like shit."

"Why give up all guys? Why not just go for the good guys."

Was he trying to imply something?

"Because all guys are jerks."

He looked at me dumbfounded. Okay, maybe not the right thing to say in front of a guy Amanda. THINK before you speak. How often has your mother said that to you?

"That came out bad."

He nodded.

"I didn't mean to offend you or anything, I mean, I barely know you..."

I trailed off. I was just making things worse.

"So, you're a musician?"

Finally I said something right. His eyes lit up and the biggest smile appeared on his face.

"Yeah, I'm in a band with 3 other guys."

"Good friends?"

"Yeah, we need to be since we're stuck with each other."

"In smelly tour buses?"

He laughed.

"Yeah."

"My dad was in a rock band centuries ago. He said the first part of it were the tour buses."

"They aren't that bad today. It's like a little apartment on wheels."

Our coffee arrived.

"So, what do you do for a living?"

"I don't have a steady job or anything. I mainly just have a great time spending my dad's money."

"He made a good living out of being a rock star then?"

"No, he gave that up when he realized the band wasn't going anywhere. He's big in the real estate market."

"Then why do you live in that small house?"

"My mom wanted that. It's just one of our houses. We have like 10 all over the world."

I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head.

"You must be filthy rich then!"

"I'm never short of cash and that's all I need to know."

I was desperate for a topic change. I don't like it when people just focus on all the money we have.

Maybe mentioning the 10 houses was a mistake.

"How long have you been in that band?"

"Three years, I think. Time has been going so fast."

"I just wonder why I had never heard of you guys before."

"Do you watch a lot of TV or listen to the radio a lot?"

"I despise TV and when I listen to radio it's usually just country."

"That would explain it."

Great, I had managed to divert the conversation away from myself and dad's money. We spent hours just talking.

He took a quick glance at his watch before staring at it.

"Shit! Is it already 5pm?"

I shrugged, I had no idea, I usually don't wear a watch.

"I had a really nice time, but I've got to run."

"Music's calling?"

"Yeah, I'll call you tomorrow or something."

And then he was gone. I just hope he remembers to run to my house to pick up his car.

That stupid bitch hadn't even paid for the coffee he invited me to!
Sign up to rate and review this story