Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > All Alone

Sleep To Dream

by cassandra 4 reviews

Yes this is the last chapter of this story, but there will be sequel oh and the song is, Waltz (Better Than Fine) by Fiona Apple.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-06 - Updated: 2007-01-06 - 1878 words

2Moving
The rain came down hard on Delilah. She was walking along a building, in London. She was dragging her hand along the brick wall. It was exactly how it was the night before. When she first met Julius' killer.

Usually Delilah hated the rain, but now she found it kind of relaxing. She remembered the time when she was suspected of being a double agent and Julius had followed her, even though she told him not to. Then it started to rain and he had an umbrella. 'He was always prepared and he always looked out for me.' Delilah's thoughts were interrupted as two hands grabbed her and pushed her up against the wall. Then he flipped her around so that she was facing him.

"Julius?" Julius wrapped his arms around Delilah. She did the same to him. "It's so nice to feel your touch." Delilah hugged Julius so tight. He was dry even though it was raining, but she didn't care.

"It's so nice to be able to touch you. To feel you. To hold you." Julius rested his head on Delilah's shoulder as he whispered, "I miss you De."

"I missed you too."

They broke out of their hug. Julius' mood changed drastically. He had a huge smile on his face. It was as if someone gave him a shot of adrenaline. Delilah was still shocked from being in the presence of the man she loved. No, loves. She loves him not loved. Even though he was dead, it didn't change the way she feels about him. It never would. She would always love him.

Delilah didn't want to say it, she thought it might ruin this moment, but she had to say it. A tear rolled down her cheek as she said, "You're dead."

"Do I look dead?" Julius put his hands on his hips and stuck his chest out as if he was Peter Pan.

Delilah laughed as she wiped away her tear, "No, you don't."

All of a sudden music started to play. It was nice and calming. "May I have this dance?" Julius held out his hand for Delilah to take. She placed her hand in his. Delilah's heart skipped as Julius tightened his grip on her hand. He placed her hand on his shoulder and he placed his own hand on her waist. He held her other hand a little bit away from his own shoulder. The rain stopped around them. It was as if they had an invisible protective bubble around them. Delilah could see rain a foot away from her, but not a drop touched her or Julius. All of a sudden Delilah was dry, just like Julius.

Without either of them saying a word, they began to waltz. Neither of them had ever waltzed before, but they looked like they've been dancing since they were born. No one would have believe that were beginners.
____________________
If you don't have a song
To sing you're okay
You know how to get along
Humming
Hmmm
____________________

Delilah looked at Julius' eyes and saw that he too was staring at her. His eyes were beautiful and calming. It was easy to get lost in them. Delilah was brought out of her trance when Julius said, "You have beautiful eyes." His voice was relaxing, soothing, and just plain wonderful.

Delilah blushed at his comment, "Thanks." They both danced and gazed into each others eyes.
____________________
If you don't have a date
Celebrate
Go out and sit on the lawn
And do nothing
'Cause it's just what you must do
Nobody does it anymore
____________________

The background changed from the dark, wet streets, to a beautiful meadow. The rain was gone and in its place was a rainbow.
_____________________
No I don't believe in the wasting of time,
_____________________

Delilah closed her eyes as Julius let go of her one hand and went to twirled her with the other.
____________________
But I don't believe that I'm wasting mine
____________________

Still with her eyes closed, Delilah twirled back, expecting Julius to catch her. He didn't.

Delilah fell to the ground. She could fell rain pounding on her back. "He's gone." She didn't want to open her eyes. She didn't want to face the fact that he was gone and he was never coming back. Finally she opened her eyes. Usually the sight before her would scare her, but surprisingly it didn't. Her hands were covered in blood. Who the blood belonged to, she had no ideal, but she knew in wasn't hers.

The rain slowly washed the blood away as she cried. She didn't cry because of the blood. She cried because he was gone. He was gone and he was never coming back.

"Delilah, come on we're going to be late." Delilah looked up to see Julius standing there with an umbrella in one hand and his other hand was extended down toward her.

Delilah looked back down at her hands. The blood was gone or was it ever there. It didn't matter Julius was back and that was all she cared about.

Delilah gave Julius her hand and he helped her up. Once on her feet Delilah looked around. Behind them there was nothing but darkness. In front of them was a long sidewalk and off in the distance Delilah could a whole bunch of bright lights.

"Umbrella?" Delilah looked at Julius. He had his arm out for her to take. They linked arms and Julius held the umbrella over both of their heads.

Delilah remembered what Julius had just said and asked, "What are we going to be late for?"

In a real kiddish voice he said, "The movie, silly." They walked down the sidewalk. It didn't surprise Delilah that she didn't see anyone else. Actually she liked no one else being around.

Delilah shielded her eyes as they walked into the bright lights. When she opened her eyes, she was sitting on a bed. She looked around and immediately recognized it. It was Julius' room. Just then Julius came into the room and quickly closed the door behind him. "They bought it."

It looked like Julius was sweating a little, "What are you talking about?"

Julius jumped onto his bed and crawled towards Delilah. She began to get nervous as he got closer. As soon as he reached her he pushed his lips onto hers. At first she was freaked, but she immediately got use to it. She relaxed as Julius slowly pushed her down, so that she was lying on the bed, with him on top of her. Julius placed one of his hands on her side. The other was holding him up, so he wouldn't squish Delilah.

Delilah combed her hands through his perfect blonde hair. What ever he was talking about early didn't matter. What matter was that she finally got what she always wanted. A kiss from Julius and she didn't even have to go through the whole awkward part of confusing her love for him.

Julius' hand ran up her side and his lips moved to her neck.

This was perfect. All Delilah ever wanted was for Julius to touch her this way. She never wanted to wake up from this wonderful dream. This was all she ever needed. All she ever wanted.

A moan escaped her lips as Julius' lips found a sensitive spot on her neck. Realizing that it was sensitive he continued to kiss it. Slowly he moved his lips in that spot. She tried to hold it in, but couldn't help it as another moan escaped her lips.

Suddenly his lips went faster and a lot rougher. Also his hands became rough, his one hand quickly moved to her stomach and went higher on her body. She opened her eyes and tried to scream, but no sound came out. The man was no longer Julius, now it was his killer.

She tried to fight but it was useless. He had her pinned down. She stopped fighting and tried to scream again. No sound came out. She tried again. No sound. She gave up. It was useless, even if sound came out, no one would come. There was no one to come.

Her dream had turned into a nightmare.

She closed her eyes and let tears flow out of them. The pressure on her body disappeared. She didn't want to open her eyes. She was afraid there would be something bad. There was nothing else she could do, so finally she opened them.

She was back to when Julius first died. There was Ms. Deeds sitting on a chair talking about how she was going to take over the world. There was herself standing and yelling at Ms. Deeds. Then she saw it. She saw what her old self failed to see. She saw Ms. Deeds henchmen, Phil, aim a gun at her old self. She saw Julius run towards her old self. He pushed her right as the trigger was pulled. BANG.

Delilah sat up in a sweat. She didn't even have to look around. She already knew where she was. In Kevin's apartment. She a woke from her dream or nightmare, she couldn't decide what it was. She looked to the side and saw a clock it read, 4:24 am.

She pushed her whole dream out of mind. Right now she had to focus on escaping this hellish place. "Maybe they're asleep." She didn't want to get her hopes up, but she decided that it wouldn't hurt to check.

She opened the bedroom door and looked out. She couldn't see Kevin, but she saw Phil sleeping on a chair that was facing her door.

Delilah decided that it was now or never. She quickly, but quietly walked to the door. She snuck out without making a sound. She was home free.


Kevin woke up a few hours later. First thing he did was go check on Delilah. He walked into her room. When he saw that she was gone he didn't yell, he was too shocked to yell. Then he came to his senses. "I've never lost one and I'm not going to start now." He sat on the bed and began to think. "You have no where to go. Where are you? Wait that's not true. There's one place you can go." Kevin figured out his next destination. "The academy and thanks to my poor naive Delilah, I know exactly where that is."


It was dark and raining outside as Delilah stood at the academy door. She thought about whether she should knock or go somewhere else. Then she remembered that there was no where else to go. She had spent a lot of her money. So if she traveled somewhere there was a good chance that she would become broke and get stuck there. Also there was a chance of something bad happening. Like in London. She was lucky she even escaped that. She knew this was the only safe place for her to go. She wondered how they would react to her returning. Would they be happy or would they be disappointed that she left in the first place.

Delilah stood at the door trying to gather up enough courage to ring the door bell. Never in her whole life had she felt so, all alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story