Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > With You

Dreams

by UbiquitousOranges 0 reviews

Later that night...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Axel, Roxas - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-07 - Updated: 2007-01-08 - 488 words

0Unrated
Alright! Chapter 2! It's short. Chapter 3 is longer. >_>
Disclaimer: Characters, locales, and cheesecake don't belong to me. I only got one slice.
-------------------------------
chapter o2. dreams
-------------------------------
For the first time in a week, Roxas' dream was different.
At first there was only a sort of grey, misty nothingness. Slowly, it swirled and parted, to show him fine white sand under his feet. Looking down, he caught a glimpse of his hands - they didn't seem quite right. His clothes weren't right, either. He didn't have time to consider this, though; the fog was thinning and disappearing.
The white sand spread to his left and right, curving away from an expanse of bright-blue ocean. There was a solid-looking wooden bridge in front of him. Something - or someone - very important waited for him at the end of that bridge.
He took a step.
Heartless - Shadows - sprung up around him. They crawled over the bridge, flattened themselves to the ground and swarmed underfoot, crowded up against him.
Without any conscious effort, a Keyblade - only one - appeared in his hand. He fought, his movements seeming strangely slowed.
The Heartless gave way in front of him and he moved across the bridge.
Suddenly, he was there. The Heartless were nowhere to be seen.
He stood on a tiny island, surrounded by slender palm trees. A larger palm tree, its trunk bent almost parallel to the ground, occupied most of his attention. Someone - the important someone, Roxas knew - was sitting on the tree, facing the water. His hair was silver.
Roxas started forward, knowing that he had to talk to him.
He turned. Instead of the familiar/unfamiliar face he had been expecting, Roxas saw the Superior's orange-yellow eyes and cold smile.
He woke up.
With the momentary disorientation that comes with waking up somewhere other than your own bed, he silently panicked for a moment.
Axel rolled over next to him, muttering something vaguely, and Roxas relaxed. He scooted closer to Axel's warmth, and went back to sleep.
Axel's dreams took a strange turn.
He had been in a bakery, choosing which dessert to order (the strawberry crepe and the cheesecake both looked good) when Roxas walked in.
"You have to decide," he said, putting his hand on his hip and looking up at Axel through his bangs.
"Cheesecake," Axel replied earnestly.
He suddenly noticed that the pastry chef behind the counter looked really familiar. His hair went down, instead of up, and it was auburn, rather than fire-engine red, and the tattoos were a paler shade of blue...
"Hiya," said Axel's Other.
"Him or me," Roxas said.
"Cheesecake," Axel said despairingly, and woke up.
Roxas' head rested on his shoulder. The blankets were all on Axel's side of the bed. He moved them over to cover Roxas, who only snuggled closer. A word came bubbling up through Axel's mind - had to do with plants in cold places...
"Thermotropic," Axel muttered, and went back to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story