Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Catastrophe Destined To Be

See Saffron in a Feather Boa

by squeakyfromme 3 reviews

His words trail off in her mind as she focuses on one: 'we.' They are a 'we.' They are a 'we.'

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-08 - Updated: 2007-01-09 - 857 words

0Unrated
Note: Whee, an update. Again, I love you guys for really supporting my random little story. Please review and maybe rate!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/lizawitha_z/RANDOM/ryrysaffy.png

^ Yes, I have more than enough time on my hands. XD

____________________________

Ryan is quite a fan of Saffron's sporadic silly moments.

A few days after the party, she is plugged into her iPod, traipsing around his hotel room with a feather boa wrapped around her neck, belting "Dreamgirls" (from the eighties musical of the same title) in her best 'booming and empowered diva voice,' as she likes to call it. "... And, all you've got to do is dream - Ryan - we'll be there!" she sings before he pulls her onto the bed next to him, wrapping his arms tightly around her skinny waist, laughing.

He thinks about mentioning that she should, quite possibly, act like that in public, but decides that he rather likes keeping this side of her all to himself. A girl who can kick his ass and sing to him - a wonderful combination. "You know, I never thought you'd be serenading me, seeing that before you were, like, that irritable girl Brendon had to dance with," Ryan jokes.

Saffron grins and adjusts herself so that she is facing him, beginning to play with his hair, the other hand on his shoulder. She's definitely seen him with all that stage make up- cobwebs, tears, lightning bolts, etc- but she thinks she likes him best without. She can see those pretty little eyes without much distraction, save for a good kiss, thus drawing her attention to his mouth. Of course, that isn't to say that she does not understand why he puts so much effort into that sort of thing. In fact, Saffron relates completely; he can partially hide behind the clothing and the makeup while she can hide behind a good character.

"Well," she replies as Ryan grabs the dangling earpiece of her iPod and joins her in listening, "I do like to surprise people on occasion." She doesn't say that maybe she's change a little over the past few days, or maybe he is the first boy she has truly opened up to, or maybe this is the first time she has ever wanted to pursue an actual relationship. Instead, she simply snuggles in as he brings her even closer.

There has been something in the back of Ryan's mind that hadn't started bugging him until recently. He frowns to himself and clears his throat. "We're, um, we're leaving tomorrow," he says quietly.

"I know," Saffron replies, the smallest hint of sadness in her whisper. In typical Saffron fashion, she simply pushed that though to the back of her mind, deciding to tackle it when the moment came. And, as it happened, it is this very moment.

"I mean, I'd offer to take you along, but you've got school..." Ryan trails off, remembering that she is eighteen- of age, yet still in high school.

"Las Vegas isn't exactly an hour drive from Manhattan," she says dryly as he brings a hand up to brush a wavy lock of black hair from her face. Saffron sucks in air, an unusual pang hitting her heart at the minor, yet meaningful gesture; she knows what is coming up next. "What do you suppose we do about this?" she asks before shaking her head quickly. "Oh, fuck, this is the 'where is our relationship going' talk, isn't it?" Ryan opens his mouth to reply, but she lightly touches a finger to his lips. "Look, you don't have to say it, I mean, I know long distance relationships are a bitch, but- Ow!" she yelps as he mischievously nips her finger.

"We can do it," he says, his grin softening, the optimism of the statement surprising him. "Phone calls, texting, emails..."

His words trail off in her mind as she focuses on one: 'we.' They are a 'we.' They are a 'we.' She is a part of a pair, a couple. Ryan Ross is her- "Are we, like, boyfriend-girlfriend now?" she asks in her best Valley girl imitation, quirking an eyebrow at him.

"Yes," he replies, kissing her nose before mumbling, "I'll be back in a few weeks for the video premiere-"

"What about my show?" Saffron blurts out, blushing in spite of herself.

"I'm... I'm not sure," he replies, frowning a bit, before: "but, I wouldn't miss the chance to see you sing about a man eating plant, Audrey."

"You know about Little Shop of Horrors?" she asks amusedly, playing with the high collar of Ryan's frilly, button-up shirt.

"It was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. Surprised?"

"Not really." Saffron smirks. "I am not growing on you or anything, dear."

"Of course not. And, we're not listening to Third Eye Blind at the moment," he counters sarcastically, gesturing to the iPod clipped to the front of her wine-colored halter dress.

"No argument to that." And, they kiss and lie there for a good five minutes before Saffron decides that maybe now, two o'clock, is the best time to actually head out to lunch.
Sign up to rate and review this story