Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

Growing Up

by rainydaykid13 0 reviews

As senior year draws to a close things get serious between Micah and Patrick.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] - Published: 2007-01-10 - Updated: 2007-01-10 - 1626 words

0Unrated
~PATRICKS POV~
"Patrick," Micah sighed, feeling her way into my room in the dark.
"Hmm?" I asked, glancing over at the clock. It was 3:14. What's she doing up?
"I can't sleep," she whined.
"What's wrong Mic?" I asked.
"I dunno. Nervous about graduation, I guess." she said.
"Why would you be nervous?"
"Because it feels like we're all gonna be leaving each other behind."
"Huh? Micah you live here, Pete lives down the street and Andy does too. Joe's only a block away. Who're we leaving behind?"
"Leah, Kaden, Noel, and Jada."
I just looked at her. "What's this really about?" I asked.
"Well I mean, you guys have that band thing going now, what if you get signed?" she asked, "I don't wanna be left behind."
"Micah I love you, I could never just leave you." I said, hugging her tightly.
"Can I sleep in here?" she asked.
"Sure," I said, folding back the covers and scooting over.
She laid down next to me and I wrapped my arm around her.
"Pat?" she whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Promise you won't forget about me?"
"Promise," I said kissing her cheek.

The next day was madness. Everyone was racing around in a mad dash to get ready and get to the graduation on time. We had put Elijah on camera duty and he'd been walking around all day, capturing every moment leading up to the ceremony on film. He was making a "behind the scenes" complete with interviews, well if you really could count, "Hey Mr. Hats what's your favorite color?" and "What kinda stuff do you put on your waffles?" as interview questions. Finally we were ready and Micah and I got into my car, telling my mom and Elijah we would meet them there. We arrived at school and headed into the auditorium, finding Pete and Joe laying across the row saving seats for us. We sat down and looked around. Soon after the ceremony started and speeches were being made. We sat through that in pure agony for near 45 minutes. Finally names were being called for diplomas. Finally they got to one of us.
"Andrew John Hurley," the principal boomed.
Andy walked up to the stage, accepted the diploma, and shook the teachers hands. A chorus of "WOOHOO!"'s, "GO ANDY!"'s, and whistles erupted from our small circle of friends. Andy walked off the stage and sat back down next to Pete.
"Rosalin Marie Hurst," the principal said into the microphone.
She walked up onto the stage and accepted her diploma.
"BOO!!!!" Pete and Andy screeched.
"GET OFF THE STAGE!" Joe yelled.
If looks could kill, Rosalin would be dead twice from all the nasty looks she was getting from students and parents alike. We sat through a million and one other students before it was finally our turn.
"Micah Rae Samuels," she walked up to the stage accompanied by cheers and whistles. She came back and sat down next to me, taking my hand.
"Patrick Martin Stumph," I gave her hand a quick squeeze before rushing up to the stage to get my diploma as fast as possible. I hate being the center of attention. I hurried back to my seat and sat down, feeling my cheeks turn a flamboyant shade of red. I slumped down in my seat and watched the rest of the ceremony.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present Glenview High School's class of 2000." 400 caps flew into the air. I pulled Micah into a passionate kiss.
"Awww come on I just ate," Joe said, jokingly throwing his cap at us. We all headed to the gym where our band was supposed to play the graduation party. Micah stood directly in front of me, a few inches away from the make-shift stage set up for the occasion. She smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up, "You can do it," she mouthed.
This was our first gig and I was insanely nervous. I'd never performed in front of anyone other than Micah or Elijah. I picked up my guitar and we started the first song. "I served out, my detention, and in the end I got an honorable mention," I sang, keeping my eyes glued to Micah. The song ended and the reaction from the crowd was amazing. Finally the party ended and graduates began to head home. I set down my guitar and went to find Micah. She was standing in the corner of the room talking to my mom and Elijah. I walked over to them and was greeted by a kiss on the cheek, "You guys were awesome!" Micah said. Elijah, camera in hand, came running to my side.
"Mr. Hats can you teach me howta be a rock star like you?!" he asked excitedly.
"If you can help me with one thing," I said, getting down to his level, "What should our band be called?" I asked. He thought for a moment.
"You should be called Fall Out Boy. Like on the Simpsons!" he said smiling. That wasn't half bad. I think I'll run that by the guys. When we got home it was already dark out. I headed upstairs to take a shower. I got out and put on a pair of black boxers and a Senses Fail T-shirt. I walked down the hall towards my room and heard music coming from Micah's room. I cracked the door a bit and looked in. I saw Micah sitting on her bed, acoustic guitar in hand, strumming a random melody, "What meant the world imploded, faded and demoted all my oxygen to product gas, suffocating my last chance to say, between your smiles and regrets, don't say it's over," she sang. I opened the door and walked in, she didn't notice and continued playing. "Dead and gone, dead and gone, yeah, calm before the storm, set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight, reception less than warm, set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight," she sang, and stopped to scribble something in a notebook. She looked up and blushed.
"That was amazing!" I beamed, "I didn't even know you could play!"
"Thanks," she said, smiling and looking at her shoes.
"Did you write that?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's not very good but -"
"Not very good? It was great!" I said.
"You guys are a lot better." she said.
"Thanks," I said, smiling at her.
"I love you Patrick." she said quietly, setting the guitar back in the corner. I pulled her into a passionate kiss, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into me. I ran my tongue across her lips and she opened her mouth a bit, allowing my tongue to caress hers. I began tugging at her shirt, she moved back a little letting me pull it off.
"I love you so much Micah, let me show you," I whispered.
And the rest? Well that is a story for another chapter...

The next day I woke up in Micah's bed, my arm around her. I shifted my weight and felt the cool sheets against my bare skin.
"Holy hell," I thought to myself, "It really happened. I hope this doesn't screw up our relationship." I turned over and looked around the room. Our clothes were randomly scattered around the room. I lay on my back staring at the ceiling, not really thinking about anything.
"Hmmm," I heard Micah sigh.
I turned my head to look at her. She opened her eyes.
"Hey," I said, gingerly touching her cheek.
"Hey," she smiled.
She leaned over and kissed me.
"We better get up," she said.
We got up and Micah headed into the bathroom to take a shower. I searched the room for my clothes and got dressed and headed down stairs. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table. I finished my cereal and put the bowl in the sink. I walked back up to my room to practice some of our songs before the guys got here for band practice. I picked up my acoustic and remembered the song Micah had written.
"Calm before the storm, set if off." I sang, trying to find the right notes. I played it over and over, well what little of it I knew. The doorbell rang. Was it that late already? I wondered.
"HONEY I'M HOME!!!" Pete called, running up the stairs and barging into my room.
"Hey Pete," I said, not looking up from the guitar, still strumming away.
"Whatcha playin Pat?" he asked.
"This song Micah wrote," I told him.
"It's good."
"Yep."
"You gonna come to practice?"
"Yeah," I said jumping up and following Pete down to the basement. Andy and Joe were already there setting up. We got ready and started practicing. Maybe we don't suck that much... I thought to myself, remembering my first gig worries from the night before. After we finished we sat down on the couch, just talking about the band.
"We need a name," Andy said.
"Yeah seriously," Joe and Pete agreed.
"Well I asked Elijah for any ideas, and -" I started.
"Um dude, no offense, I love the little guy but you asked a six year old what we should name our band?" Joe asked, confused.
"Yeah really, what did he say? The Power Rangers?" Andy asked.
"Very cute. No actually his idea wasn't half bad." I said.
"Oh is Patty a Power Rangers fan?" Joe asked laughing. Pete hadn't said a word, he just sat and watched, giggling.
"Shut up," I said throwing a pillow at him, " he suggested Fall Out Boy."
"Oh like off the Simpsons," Pete piped up.
"Yeah," I replied.
"Fall Out Boy..." Pete said, as if he was testing it, "I like it."
Sign up to rate and review this story