Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

Never Seemed

by Eternatis 0 reviews

Sometimes, things are exactly what they seem.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Chris, Count D, Leon, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 181 words

0Unrated
Leon never seemed happy on the rare occasions he visited. Every time Chris spoke to Sandy - or rather, whenever he crowed "Mom!" at the top of his voice - Leon winced and headed outside for a smoke. He spent most of his visits that way, sat on the porch with a cigarette and a beer.

Chris never seemed sure what to call his aunt and uncle after Sam told him about his mom. Even in his own mind, he kept thinking of them as his parents. He always had to think before he mentioned them to Leon - if he called them his mom and dad, Leon always looked furious, then sad, then dropped him off at the Count's.

D never seemed comfortable around the youngest member of his family. At times, he would be an almost normal child, one that idolised and mimicked his Da Geh. But then - for a few seconds - it would be his father staring at him from those wide violet eyes, twisting the child's face into an unholy grin, all the more disturbing for the affection it held.
Sign up to rate and review this story