Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Jay and the Golden Fleece

Shifting Ground

by twiinklestar 5 reviews

And so the journey begans and it all starts on shifting ground.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-16 - 474 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9 :

"I choose Atlanta and Archie,"

"Good. Now fallow me," Cronus said showing them through a portal.

Atlanta and Archie shrugged and fallowed Cronus and Jay into the portal. The portal took them to the place that Jay had been only a few hours before. The only difference was that now, the boat was finished and the builders were trying to push it out into the water. It wasn't working.

"On the land, there are 44 men. All slaves or peasants. They will help you, or at least try," Cronus smirked and then disappeared.

And so the journey began.

Jay, Archie and Atlanta's clothing had some how changed. They had clothing from the age of ancient Greece. Atlanta wore a green dress-like tunic. Jay wore a cream colored tunic and Archie's was dark blue. All of them wore brown sandals.

They started to help push the boat. Clearly, it wasn't working. They pushed and pushed. They started to dig around the bottom of the boat. They pushed more. About one and a half hours later, the boat was out and in the water. Jay kept a mental note on not putting the ship on land just incase they needed to have a quick escape.

46 men and one woman loaded the boat. 42 men took and oar, 21 men on each side. Five people went to the head of the boat. Orpheus went to the front and kept a steady beat for the rowers. Zetes, the star mapper, went up front too. Jay stood in the front and steered the boat and Archie and Atlanta sat down and talked, waiting for somebody to get tired of rowing. Archie tried to stay calm and not freak out because of his hydrophobia.

Sever long hours later, the ship hit a rock. The map maker stood puzzled.

"What's wrong Zetes?" asked Jay.

"There should be no land here,"

"Are you sure?"

"The gods have given me the power to see beyond what any other man can see. Yes, I am sure,"

"Me, Atlanta and somebody else will check out the island. Everybody else stays here. Who wants to come?"

Hylas, a young servant of Hercules, raised his hand.
"What is your name?"

"Hylas sir,"

"Hylas, you may come with us but please don't call me sir,"

"What should I call you then?"

"Call me Jay,"

"Yes, Jay," said Hylas adjusting to the new name for his leader.

Jay smiled.

"Atlanta, Hylas, come with me,"

The ship wasn't too far in from the land. It was about waist level. Jay, Atlanta and Hylas jumped out of the boat and started to wade out to the land. When they reached the land, Jay stabbed a stick into the ground to test out its stability.

Suddenly, the land began to rise and shift around.

"Ahh!" screamed Atlanta.

"Atlanta!" yelled Archie.

Brittany McMillan - 2007 - Ficwad.com©
Sign up to rate and review this story