Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Curse on Your Lips

Calm Before The Storm

by jessiearei 5 reviews

They catch up and some words are said.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-16 - Updated: 2007-01-17 - 1390 words

1Insightful
Chapter 8

Calm Before The Storm.

Author's POV:


Patrick helped Kadence unpack her belongings and set everything up. She had a picture of Spencer in her bag that Patrick picked up, confusion written all over his face.

"Kade, what's this?" He asked showing her the picture.

"Um, It's a picture of one my boss's kids that I baby sit a lot. I stopped by there this morning and he told me I had to take it with me so I wouldn't forget him." She lied adding a laugh at the end.

"He's adorable, he looks familiar though. I don't know I just can't put my finger on it." Patrick said in deep thought.

"Well you may have seen him at the AP office if you've ever been there. He goes to work with his dad a lot." She said thinking of another lie.

"Yeah, I guess that's what it is." Patrick said putting the picture down on her dresser.

"So when do you guys start recording?" Kadence asked.

"Well we're off today, we figured we'd get to know our reporter a little better and give you some good information." Patrick said smiling.

"K, well lets go back downstairs." Kadence said taking a deep breath. The two went into the living room and found Andy and Joe playing x-box 360.

"I'll go get Pete so we can get started." Patrick said walking out of the room.

"So how's the famous life treating you guys?" Kadence asked Andy and Joe.

"Oh well you know, it's cool I guess once you get passed all the crazy fan girls and get to the real fans." Andy said laughing.

Meanwhile with Patrick and Pete...

"Pete lets go we need to start the interview." Patrick said coming into Pete's room.

"Dude, I don't know if I can face her. I feel like such a jerk for the way I treated her when we first got big. I totally forgot about her and didn't even give a damn. What the hell am I going to do?" Pete asked.

"Let her come to you, and don't act like a complete ass around her either. Don't be all full of yourself and don't talk about any of your past relationships. That will just hurt her more. Now lets go." Patrick said walking out of the room, Pete following him.

When they walked into the room Kadence was busting up laughing...

"And you actually went on with it. Wow Joe you haven't changed one bit," Kadence said laughing some more.

"What'd I miss?" Patrick asked wanting to know what was so funny.

"Andy told me about the time Joe ran out on stage naked because he lost a bet. And how there were all kinds of flashes going off in the crowd." She said still laughing.

"Ah yes I remember that, Pete bet him that he could get some random girl to make out with him and he...never mind." Patrick said seeing the hurt expression on Kadence's face.

"So uh, what do you do for this whole interview thing?" Joe asked changing the subject.

"Well I just take notes on what you guys do and say and stuff. Pretty basic." Kadence said putting on fake smile.

"Ok, well lets get started." Patrick said sitting down, Pete following suite.

"Well, what is this new record going to be based off of?" Kadence began asking questions.

"Um, just basically all the things that we've been through with people letting us down and bad relationships and stuff like that." Pete said looking at the ground.

"What, there's not going to be anything positive on this record?" Kadence asked looking at Pete.

"Yeah, there is, its just nothing good as come to me yet. We're still writing the lyrics for it."

"Do you have a name for the record yet?"

"Yeah, we're going to call it From Under The Cork Tree. Where we met our best friend at." Patrick said smiling at Kadence.

"Can I hear some of the lyrics you guys have done so far?" Kadence asked. Pete got up and went into his room and came back out with a notebook.

"Well, joke me something awful just like kisses on the necks of best friends," Kadence read out loud.

"It's not quite finished. I was thinking 'we're the kids who feel like' but I cant think of anything to put there." Pete said

"We're the kids who feel like dead ends." Kadence finished for him. Pete smiled and took the notebook and scribbled it down.

"I always loved you for your poetic ways." Pete said looking down.

"The best part of believe is the lie Peter." Kadence said. He looked taken aback.

"Kadence you don't know how bad my back has been breaking from this heavy heart. I'm hopelessly hopeful and your just hopeless enough Kade."

"Are you growing up or just going down Peter?" Kadence said fighting back tears.

"I confess I messed up. Your just the girl all the boys wanna dance with and I'm just the boy whose had too many chances."

"You're just a lost cause." Kadence said barely above a whisper. "Why don't you just drop dead, boys like you are overrated." Kadence walked up to her room forgetting she had Pete's notebook.

Pete felt defeated, he didn't even go after he to get his notebook. He just grabbed another one and started writing songs like crazy. It all just came to him.

Kadence spent the entire day in her room reading over Pete's lyrics. Most of them were about her and there relationship. Some were nice, heart filled songs, others were hate filled songs. At around 8 she came down to get some food since she hadn't eaten all day. She heard the guys in the recording studio but it didn't sound like Patrick's voice. She went to check it out and found it was Pete...

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How my worst fears are letting out
He said why put a new address
On the same old loneliness
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
Now talking's just a waste of breath
And living's just a waste of death
And why put a new address
On the same old loneliness
And this is you and me
And me and you
Until we've got nothing left


Kadence's eyes filled with tears. That was about how he left her. Did he still care about her? He couldn't he just left her, there was no way he was still in love with her.

She stayed hidden and heard them record another song...

Joke me something awful, just like kisses on the neck of "best friends."
We're the kids who feel like dead ends.
And I want to be known for my hits, not just my misses.
I took a shot and didn't even come close.
At trust and love and hope.
And the poets are just kids who didn't make it.
Who never had it at all.

And the record won't stop skipping.
And the lies just won't stop slipping.
And besides my reputations on the line.
We can fake it for the airwaves.
Force our smiles, baby, half dead.
From comparing myself to everyone else around me.

Please put the doctor on the phone, because I'm not making any sense.

Blame everyone but me for this mess.
And my back has been breaking from this heavy heart.
We never seemed so far.
I'm hopelessly hopeful. You're just hopeless enough.
But we never had it at all.

And the record won't stop skipping.
And the lies just won't stop slipping.
And besides my reputations on the line.
We can fake it for the airwaves.
Force our smiles, baby, half dead.
From comparing myself to everyone else around me.

To everyone else around me.
Everyone else around me.
Everyone else around me.




Kadence was so confused about how she felt about Pete. She wanted to hate him, but she just couldn't bring herself to it.

She put Pete's notebook on the coffee table with a note in it for him...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so i used alot of the lyrics for their songs as the dialogue for inspiration for pete to write more lyrics...but i think i may have overdone it a little? idk what do you think?
Sign up to rate and review this story