Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hip Hip Hooray For Me

I've really been on a bender and it shows

by myusedromance 3 reviews

meet the nurse

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-01-19 - Updated: 2007-01-19 - 485 words

0Unrated
Chapter Tre

I couldn't sleep at all that night, I just watched television the whole night only I wasn't really watching it. I was thinking and thinking and cursing myself countless numbers of times. Someone walked into my room with a tray of food. I was starving I didn't even care if the stuff tasted like shit. The nurse though caught my attention. She was relatively short and petite, green eyes, and had her black hair tied in the back with her bangs left in her eyes. She smiled at me.
"Good morning, I brought you some breakfast." her voice was nice and comforting
"Thanks" I mumbled
"If you need anything just call me, I'll be in later today to change your bandages on your ribs." she smiled slightly
"mhhmm" I said and went back to my food. I didn't want to be a jerk but I was just so stressed and so hungry right then. Maybe an hour later, after a nice, needed nap, the nurse walked back in.
"Hey Frank, how are you doing?"
"Okay...I hurt like hell though"
"Yea, you got hurt pretty bad."
"I should be dead" she looked at me somewhat shocked.
"What? No"
"Fuck yes, I killed a little girl who had her whole life ahead of her. I'm just a piss alcoholic on the street. I should've died, I'M THE ONE WHO'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!" by then I started pulling all the ivs out of my arms and bawling.
The nurse ran towards me and grabbed my arms.
"Frank, stop." I looked at her and she was looking at me. Tears were still streaming down my face but I didn't care. She pulled me into a hug and at first I was surprised but then I just cried on her shoulder. I forgot what a real hug felt like.
She pulled away after awhile and wiped my tears off with her thumbs while holding my face.
"You were supposed to be alive, Frank, take it as a sign to do something good with your life and become someone because I sure as hell have faith in you." she smiled sadly "Now let's get you cleaned up.
I nodded and regained my composure. She put the ivs back in my arms. She helped me sit up so she could change my bandages.
She unwrapped them and started to rub some ointment on my lower chest.
"Ow, ow, ow it burns." she laughed.
"Suck it up" I smiled. Her hands on my body felt so good.
"what's your name?" asked
"Gabriela, or gabby for short." she said.
"that's a nice name." I said and she blushed.
"Okay Frank," she said finishing wrapping me up. "you're healing fine and you should be out of here by no time." she started to clean up and leave.
"Gabby, thanks so much, for everything."
"Anytime." she said with a smile walking out.
Sign up to rate and review this story