Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Time to Live

The End of Voldemort

by loralee1 5 reviews

AU Post OotP, No HBP, With Voldemort gone it's time for Harry to Live.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dobby, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Neville, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-20 - Updated: 2007-01-20 - 1045 words

5Original
Time to Live
By Loralee
Disclaimer: JKR owns Harry Potter and all his friends. I own nothing
Warning: Language
AU set summer after OotP, No HBP
AN: This story was orginally a one shot that grew into 30 chapters. It's been up for awhile on ff net but i thought i might share it here as well. A sequel is planned but not has not been started yet. Please enjoy

The End of Voldemort

Harry Potter stood on the walk just outside of number 4 Privet Drive staring at the remains of his relative's house. He had his wand in hand and was bleeding from several cuts on his face and hands.

Several pops behind him had him whirling around wand raised, a curse on his lips before he recognized Amelia Bones and several of her Aurors. Another pop provoked a reaction from the Aurors and Harry became even tenser when he recognized Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts standing on the front lawn.

"Harry, my boy, what has happened?" Dumbledore exclaimed.

"Voldemort and Lestrange," came the clipped response.

The Auror wands came up as they started to spread out presumably looking for the Dark Lord and his evil bitch.

"Mr. Potter," said Bones, "please, explain that statement."

"Voldemort came here to kill me and my relatives. He brought Bellatrix Lestrange with him." He glared at the Headmaster, "The whole reason I was made to stay here was because I was supposed to be safe. Looks like you made another mistake there, doesn't it Headmaster."

Amelia Bones had never heard anyone sneer at Dumbledore in quite that tone of voice before. Dumbledore himself look rather taken aback.

Harry continued, now focusing his intense eyes on Amelia. "He just walked in. My relatives are out by the way, if any one cares. Voldemort threatened me. I taunted him. He tried to curse me. I dodged and sent a Reducto toward him. Bella tried a Crucio and I was able to dodge that too. I took her out and then He got really angry and started telling me what he was going to do to my friends, there was this wave of magic, I was blown backwards out the door and the house collapsed."

The Aurors were standing, slack jawed, staring at Harry as he recited this in a cold voice. Amelia felt that something was missing from the tale.

"You took Lestrange out? Mr. Potter just how did you do that?" Bones ask.

Harry smirked slightly. "I am rather good with summoning charms, even if I do say so myself. She was standing between me and the kitchen so I just summoned the knives from there."

The blond Auror next to Amelia squeaked, "She's dead?"

Harry looked at him. "She certainly had a lot of knives in her when she hit the floor."

"Did Voldemort apparate or portkey away, Harry?" asked Dumbledore.

Harry glared at the headmaster and once more gave a very short answer, "No"

Amelia shook her head, "Albus, Mr. Potter said he was blown backward, he probably couldn't tell how He got away." She turned toward Harry, "You are very lucky Mr. Potter that He left when he did."

Harry snorted, "He didn't leave, he's still here."

Auror wands came up again and the blond next to Bones looked ready to wet himself.

"What do you mean, 'still here' Mr. Potter? The Dark Lord is obviously not still here as we are all still alive," said Bones in aggravation.

"He is right there," said Harry pointing to a spot not far away covered in debris with a roof truss lying across it.

"You can just see his feet sticking out. I'm pretty sure he is dead 'cause my head feels much better. Not many people can survive having a house dropped on them." Harry smirked again and one of the nearby Aurors snorted, trying to smother his laugh.

Amelia Bones saw that Dumbledore looked as shocked as she did at the idea that Voldemort was dead, killed by a fifteen-year-old boy.

"Are you saying you killed Voldemort, Harry?" asked Dumbledore.

Harry eyed him for a moment.

"That's what you said the prophecy was. I had to kill Voldemort or be killed by him. Apparently I used 'the power he knows not'. I dropped a house on him. You should be happy. Unless of course you hoped I die taking him out."

At that moment a ministry owl dropped a letter at the feet of said boy.

"They probably want you to snap my wand for doing magic." He looked at the letter. "Yes, I've been suspended." He handed the letter to Amelia who read through it swiftly.

"I will take care of this Mr. Potter. If you will hand me your wand?" She said.

Dumbledore started to protest as Harry shrugged and handed over his wand. Amelia ran hers over it and muttered a word, then handed it back.

"There, Mr. Potter, I've removed the ministry tracking charms. You're free to use magic as if you were an adult. I think you deserve at least that much. I really don't understand why an exception hadn't already been made for you, with the threat you've been under."

Harry smiled slightly and waved the wand, "Accio Harry's trunk, Accio Hedwig's cage. Thank you Madam Bones. If you don't need me any longer, I think I'll be off."

"Harry, you must let me take you to--" began Dumbledore.

"No, I must do nothing of the sort, old man. You are not in charge of my life any more. I did what you wanted Voldemort is dead and the prophecy is finished. Leave me alone or Voldemort might not be the only powerful wizard to die today," said Harry in an icy tone. Then he levitated his belongings to the curb and stuck out his wand.

As the purple triple-decker bus pulled away from the curb Amelia Bones turned to the old headmaster she had a few more questions and Albus Dumbledore would be answering them to her satisfaction or she would know the reason why. Harry Potter had gained yet another supporter.

2nd AN: I'll be post these here as fast as i can code them for the site. Should be all up in just a few days. :)

Revised 12/16/06
Sign up to rate and review this story