Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Jay and the Golden Fleece

Hydrophobia

by twiinklestar 5 reviews

Friends will always be there. They will help you get through all of your problems. One being hydrophobia.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-22 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 716 words

0Exciting
Chapter 11 :

Slowly, Atlanta climbed down the giant. She gripped tightly to rocks, roots and moss. Twice, she slipped and skidded down the giant's body but she never fell off. 20 Minutes later, Atlanta arrived at the giant's knee. She was about one hundred feet away from the water.

'Okay Jay. Here I go,' she thought as she dove into the water. She cut through the waters surface with her hands and came up for a breath.

The men on the ship cheered and in the head of them all, was Archie. He was taking a huge sigh of relief that Atlanta had made it okay and he had his normal big goofy grin.

Atlanta smiled and she swam up to the boat. Archie pulled her up onto the boat and gave her a friendly hug. Atlanta hugged him back.

"Good Job Lan!" Archie congratulated her.

"Thanks Archie,"

Archie grabbed a towel and draped it around her shoulders. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder to keep her warm.

"Everybody, I have orders!" Atlanta announced and everybody on the boat grabbed an oar and focused their attention the girl. "Jay said to sail the boat away into the deep waters. Let the giant fallow us and when the water gets really deep, he will drown,"

Right away, the ship mates started to row away into the deep waters. They rowed quickly and the giant fallowed behind them, as planned. Atlanta looked back and watched the giant fallow. He was quite far behind.

"Stop!" she called as everybody stopped rowing.

They waited for the giant to catch up.

*

Jay waited for Atlanta to climb down. Every once in awhile he'd check to see how far down she had climbed. He watched her dive off and then the boat started to move.

'I hope this works' he thought.

Then the giant started to walk. With every step, Jay's head jerked forwards and his grip would tighten. He looked at the ship ahead and saw how far away it was.

'No slow down guys! Slow down!' he yelled in his head.

As if they could read his mind, the ship stopped.

*

Atlanta looked down. The water was so deep that the water looked black. Archie tried to contain himself as much as possible. He clung onto Atlanta and the ships sale post for dear life. Atlanta noticed her friends grip tighten and giggled. She looked up at her purple hair friend.

"Don't worry Arch, we'll be fine. The ship won't drown or anything and you won't have to swim," she said reassuringly.

"I'm not scared of that, I'm just scared for Jay," Archie said a little too quickly.

Atlanta rolled her eyes.

"Fine then Archie, I want to go for a swim," she said pulling him towards the edge of the boat.

Archie panicked. He pulled back.

"Let's not and say we did,"

Atlanta shook her head and laughed. She knew her friend too well. She knew he was scared but too macho-man to admit it.

The ship started to shake and Atlanta turned around.

"Giant!" she yelled.

The rowers picked up their oars and rowed fast. They were just ahead of the giants foot fall. Suddenly, the ship was thrust forward and a wave came crashing down on them. Luckily, no one was swept away. Archie was now sitting down on the ground, clutching his knees, shaking. Atlanta ran over to him, the wave had landed on them all, but Archie was hydrophobic.

"Archie! Are you okay!'

"I'm not afraid of water. I'm not afraid of water. I'm not afraid of water," he mumbled to himself.

Atlanta sat down beside him and placed a comforting hand on his knee. She leant her head on his shoulder and talked to him, soothingly.

*

Behind them, the giant started to sink. It tried to grip onto something, but only air met its hands. He started to flail his arms around and kick the water. Jay grabbed onto the giant's nose tightly. Sooner or later, the giant would give up, and so it did.

It let itself slowly sink and drown. When the giant's nose was at sea level, Jay dove into the water and swam to the ship. There, he was pulled up by one of his ship mates.

Brittany McMillan - 2007 - Ficwad.com©
Sign up to rate and review this story